• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Gold Standard?

aztecstargazer

12 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

1 ounce of silver of 1 day's worth of water/ to live.

Too little for silver. The effort needed and the rarity make the value much higher. That it is price so lowly these days is a recent aberration.

http://commodityhq.com/education/a-brief-2000-year-history-of-silver-prices/

' Going back to ancient Babylon, we know that workers earned the equivalent of about 2.1 grams of silver per day '

2.1g of silver per day's work was a value held over many centuries.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

All the gold in the world can not be replaced=We need all the Silver for modern commerce. Platinum can not be replaced. 

(STOP THROWING YOUR SILVER INTO LAND FILLS)historically silver can not be replaced. 

("gold/platinum"-silver-copper-water-food-land/people)-ish ........the ability to mine money is not fair internationally 

TIME IS THE EQUAL FACTOR

population 

YOU CAN'T MINE TIME.

Buddy, you're a rather intense individual ? I opened this thread hoping to read about Russia and China positioning themselves, with the purchase of large amounts of gold, in order to take advantage of the inevitable collapse of the USD and resurrection of the Bullion Standard we all hope and dream for.

35 minutes ago, ArcticSilver said:

Buddy, you're a rather intense individual ? I opened this thread hoping to read about Russia and China positioning themselves, with the purchase of large amounts of gold, in order to take advantage of the inevitable collapse of the USD and resurrection of the Bullion Standard we all hope and dream for.

I don’t think that fiat currency will go away, because as long as the population believes in it, it’s worth something.

The trouble with comparisons to ancient times is the difference of leverage. Today we can hugely leverage our production and the production of the average worker using electricity/oil and machinery, and we turn what a single worker used to produce into many times more. Consider automation in this process too, how much silver does a plant robot earn a day :). I think the reason gold has remained such a good store of value is because it has strangely matched the growth of population over time and is valued by a great number of people, not really this side of the world, but we are a tiny proportion of the world population.

One reason for this tracking of population growth perhaps could be that although gold is harder to find and mine generally speaking than it used to be, the easy stuff has gone, yet our leverage (oil/electricity/machinery) allows us to mine the difficult stuff at the same rate as before. The supply increases have kept pace with population over time, hence the uncanny ability to cloth oneself in a manner similar to our ancestors. :P

2 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

what you been smoking today and where can I get some??? 

i suggested some topics for further research. He must have caught something off me.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived