• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

On 08/03/2018 at 13:49, JCRJM said:

Just make sure all of you check your bank. When i checked the missing funds had returned and they had just cancelled the order even though on the website it says open. 

Just so you arent waiting and they never come i will let youse know what they say when i phone.

I must checked my bank account and money had been returned.  All my orders on the website still say open.  Ill have to chase up on monday now.  Terrible customer service and support.

1 hour ago, RichmondStacker said:

I must checked my bank account and money had been returned.  All my orders on the website still say open.  Ill have to chase up on monday now.  Terrible customer service and support.

Yeh exact same with me happened. Money came back then they took the money again once despatched. Orders said open the full time. I think your orders will be fine. But yes agree i waited on hold for 30 mins and gave up

11 hours ago, JCRJM said:

But yes agree i waited on hold for 30 mins and gave up

I emailed them early Thursday 8th with a simple one line query about assured mintage limit,  now Sunday 11th no reply

On their web page "We aim to respond to all email enquiries within 5 working days."  So email them on a Saturday you might not get replied until the end of next week

5 working days in this day and age, crazy

With instant communication and messaging alerts, any query from a potential buyer in my own businesses gets an immediate reply in 5-10 minutes normally, 7 days a week

Next they will be head hunting Eva from goldsilver.be as director of customer relations to sort things out

Edited by Paul

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I emailed them early Thursday 8th with a simple one line query about assured mintage limit,  now Sunday 11th no reply

On their web page "We aim to respond to all email enquiries within 5 working days."  So email them on a Saturday you might not get replied until the end of next week

With instant communication and messaging alerts, any query from a potential buyer in my own businesses gets an immediate reply in 5-10 minutes normally, 7 days a week

Next they will be head hunting Eva from goldsilver.be as director of customer relations to sort things out

That is a joke mate. You think theyd get with the times

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:54, blackadder said:

Most likely don't have any staff to answer said emails.

Well they have at least one staff member to send the latest pisstake email I just received!

Dear Kimchi,

Thank you for joining the Great British Coin Hunt!

Since its launch on 1 March, The Great British Coin Hunt has captured the imagination of Britain, leading to unprecedented interest from members of the public who like you, are seeking out their own special A to Z coins featuring familiar Great British themes and icons.

I don't give two pickled plums about 'Great British themes and icons' you idiots. I haven't joined the 'Great British Coin Hunt' either you bunch of nutters - I ordered the full set so I didn't have to!

...the extremely high demand combined with the knock on effect of recent severe weather has impacted on our normal 7 – 10 day order processing. We apologise for the delay, and would ask you to bear with us as we implement special measures to speed up the shipping process.

I ordered when in stock you flock of utter cretins, how does the 'recent severe weather' affect things (yes I know it's been unseasonably warm in south east England since the launch of these, and our postie has taken to wearing his shorts rather early, but it's hardly tarmac-melting temperature yet, is it?).

Notwithstanding I ordered an 'in stock' item and the weather has been clement ever since, I do understand that you are (collectively) basically a single-brain celled root vegetable who might even cause Mr Dick Turnip of Turnip Street, Greater Turnip Town to stop a while and wonder (if only for a split second) if he might be able to sue you for impersonation, I look forward to hearing all about your implementation of 'special measures' that might enable you to get something from your shelf into a jiffy bag and (I accept this might be a particularly challenging part of the process for you) into the post.

Your order will be with you by the end of March.

Oh well, that's OK then :)

Edited by kimchi

On 11/03/2018 at 10:13, Paul said:

Well i got my reply a little while ago.  Useless.  Didn't answer my query.  Generic copy & paste I think everyone must have got.  Not even the personal touch of addressing me in person or proof a human being has signed off the email

Useless

Hello

Thank you for your e-mail.

The Royal Mint has very exacting standards concerning the answering of telephone calls and e-mails and our dedicated Customer Services Team endeavour to answer each call or e-mail in a timely manner. Unfortunately, because of exceptionally high volumes at certain times during recent weeks, this has not always been possible.

Should your query be referring to an outstanding order, please note an automated despatch email will be sent on despatch with a tracking number. We are currently experiencing a delay of up to 21 days for shipping all Great British Coin Hunt products as opposed to the initial 7-10 days advertised on our website and on your email confirmation.

Also please see the following FAQ’S that may be of interest https://www.royalmint.com/help/

Any urgent enquiries please come back to us.

Regards,

Customer Services

The Royal Mint

My two complete Westminster 'Coinchecker' sets are an OK package for the price I think. The coins aren't a great strike and have fingerprints etc before they've been encapsulated (but the capsule cards with the shiny foils etc are a nice enough touch I guess). I'm not overwhelmed! The 'bonus medal' is not anything to look at twice imo.

I think the Mint tried to deliver today (recorded) so I'll pick those up in a day or two. I much prefer their presentation from what I saw online, but we shall see!

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

My two complete Westminster 'Coinchecker' sets are an OK package for the price I think. The coins aren't a great strike and have fingerprints etc before they've been encapsulated (but the capsule cards with the shiny foils etc are a nice enough touch I guess). I'm not overwhelmed! The 'bonus medal' is not anything to look at twice imo.

I think the Mint tried to deliver today (recorded) so I'll pick those up in a day or two. I much prefer their presentation from what I saw online, but we shall see!

Yeh mine werent great quality either mate but just something nice to keep i think even if not perfect :) 

39 minutes ago, Kman said:

So what are the early strike ones selling for hundreds? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=alphabet+10p&_sacat=0&_sop=16

Is that the standard packaging you get them from the RM in or no? 

Edit> oh watching Numis video it seems not 

People seemed to have those carded ones in hand on day one, so I guess they were sold in person at the Mint (?)

I wonder if the first batch were sent out like that too.

For the price I think they all should have been, definitely if you bought a full set. 'Bit cheeky' getting £2.60 worth of change for over fifty quid in some baggies!

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

People seemed to have those carded ones in hand on day one, so I guess they were sold in person at the Mint (?)

Oh yeah, I guess looking at them it's shop packaging isn't it, has the little loop to hang on a stand 

My coins from the mint turned up today  each set just in a ziplock bag 😣 but no albums anyone know if these are sent out separately ? Doesn't mention them on the packing list but has the total price including them ?

Hello,

I'm new here - I ordered the coins on the 1 March and got an Order Confirmation from Royal Mail but there is no evidence of this order on the RM website, nor has my card been charged (though it did say that your card would be charged upon dispatch of the coins). 

Should I contact their customer service via telephone (I contacted them via email and no response) and ask about this as I have a feeling the order may have been cancelled due to lack of stock as I've seen this has happened to others, potentially, from what I've read on here. Not impressed if this has happened as I've had no notification from RM that this was the case. 

If you could reply or PM me, MUCH appreciated.

Thanks

Still waiting for mine...

I almost want to cancel the order.

How many sets can be described as 'Early Strike'.  Surely they are producing and shipping sets which no longer fit that description? 

@TH1 did you get an automated email response saying that they aim to respond within 5 working days? I read on here that's what you get when you contact them (blisteringly fast aren't they!). Yes I'd give them a call and/or try to email again.

2 hours ago, Jeffers46 said:

Still waiting for mine...

I almost want to cancel the order.

How many sets can be described as 'Early Strike'.  Surely they are producing and shipping sets which no longer fit that description? 

They're pushing it a bit aren't they?!!

had an email Wednesday saying that could be end of next month then within an hour a shipping confirmation and they were delivered today

i like them.     something different but dont believe for a minute they will stick to 100k mintage each