• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Warren Buffet move

1 hour ago, aztecstargazer said:

Warren Buffet had one of the largest physical silver positions in modern history back in 1998 to about 2008. The question wasn't if he would ever buy precious metal, but if he would buy it again?

Ah yes forgive me, my comment was reference his famous quotes on gold, that he thinks gold is useless, demonstrating that he does not understand its monetary capacity. My theory from this is that he does not merit the investment case for silver as a monetary metal either and that was not what his initial investment was about at all. I expect he saw it as a useful and undervalued commodity. If he understood the monetary case for the precious metals, perhaps he would see them differently as an investment. Sixguns case that he was given a quiet word to exit his position in the 'commodity' is quite compelling. It reminded me of a recent gaff with Trump, when he started talking down the US treasuries market during the election, only to be given a quiet word also and never to speak of it again ;) 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

I am amazed by people who still buy silver and please no one take offence but in my opinion that stuff is never making a comeback. Warren doesnt like any PMs hes said it numerous times.

comeback? Comeback from what? I don't invest in silver with the hopes of massive returns. I buy it as a hedge for my savings. I would not have entered this market a few years ago. People lost their damn minds and drove the price to another ridiculous extreme. I forget who said this but, "buy gold/silver and hope it DOESN'T spike in price". Because when this happens, there are more critical economic issues for you to worry about. But fiat cash is almost designed to lose value. Inflation is a real factor which needs to be considered. I also buy coins which have a higher likelihood of appreciating in value. And silver is increasing in industrial demand. Either inflation will increase the price of the metal or supply and demand factors will. And when another economic crisis occurs, there is an over-correction for precious metals. 

3 hours ago, aztecstargazer said:

There was a chunk of ice the size of Rhode Island that broke off the ice shelf in Antarctica. I live in Colorado, and there used to be a glacier near us. It's all but gone now. There are countless photos of glaciers melting and becoming non-existent where they have existed for tens of thousands of years. 

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to convince %90+ of scientists, around the world and who have no contact with one another, to reach the same conclusion? 

Are big bankers criminals?   ---kinda-sorta. Should people be given a gold-parachute for crashing the economy? No, they should go to prison. Should a bank be "too big to fail"? Nope, Bernie Sanders was correct in this regard. Breaking up the big banks is critical to long-term economic stability. 

This is where us "filthy, freedom hating, regulators" come in. You can't do certain things and expect long-term success. These sort of people want short-term exploitation for personal gain, which ALWAYS has drastic negative consequences. 

Antarctica is moving under the ice sheet - this is part of the expanding Earth. There is volcanic activity at the edge of the continent. There is melting at one edge of Antarctica and more ice at the other.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2143924-there-are-almost-100-new-volcanoes-hiding-under-antarctic-ice/

They say the ocean floors are sinking or so they say.

http://www.newsweek.com/climate-change-sinking-ocean-rising-sea-levels-772862

We are not being drown by rising seas. Despite so much ice allegedly melting. So much ice has melted that the ocean floors are sinking and this is causing sea levels to fall.

It is the same utterly lame logic that global warming is causing global cooling and it is all due to man made carbon dioxide. We are starting to hear about global cooling - they are finally having to admit to this but despite old age pensioners freezing to death never mind on the other side of this we will get global warming again and we will all be fried alive again.

"Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to convince %90+ of scientists, around the world and who have no contact with one another, to reach the same conclusion? "

Please provide the evidence 90% of scientists have been contacted and provide evidence that over 90% agreed. You will never be able to find evidence for this  it is simply bogus. It is repeated and repeated. i found this sort of thing out quite often when i was unraveling the Matrix. You will hear claims like the 97% of climate scientists say man made global warming is real but when you start hunting it down it is bogus.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

7 hours ago, sixgun said:

This is exactly the time to hold gold.

I agree with basically everything you said, about bond yields, the pending crash in stocks, etc, and I remember when W.B. bought silver and then liquidated back in the late 90's, etc.

I do have one quibble, and that's this sentence here.

The reason I'm not sure about that is because I believe gold and silver will get cheaper before it gets more expensive, just like it did back in 2008.  If/when there is a massive correction in stocks, people will again run to cash and I believe drive rates down on Treasuries .. probably for the last time, that'll probably be the final high in bonds for a long, long time.  That's an opinion, of course.

After that ?  I think the sky is the limit after that for precious metals.  I think we'll enter a long period of time where we get real hyper inflation, where the world's economies and their debt will unravel, and where real money will be the only thing left standing.  You see this in miniature in isolated countries now, like for example Venezuela, but because they have the U.S. to run to they don't rely on gold and silver.  But if every currency on the planet moves in unison and all of the printed money around the world floods back into the market, gold and silver, commodities, real estate, and valuable stocks (after they have corrected) will pretty much be the only place to run.  When every country becomes Venezuela, where do you put your money ?

In short, for a while, I believe cash will be king, and everyone will be scrambling to get it.  They'll sell stocks, they'll sell their vacation homes, the rental properties, time shares, cars, gold and silver, stocks, they'll sell whatever they have to sell to get cash to cover their mortgages, etc, when it all goes to hell, just like they started to do in 2008.  2008 was a tremor, a preview of the earthquake.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Antarctica is moving under the ice sheet - this is part of the expanding Earth. There is volcanic activity at the edge of the continent. There is melting at one edge of Antarctica and more ice at the other.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2143924-there-are-almost-100-new-volcanoes-hiding-under-antarctic-ice/

They say the ocean floors are sinking or so they say.

http://www.newsweek.com/climate-change-sinking-ocean-rising-sea-levels-772862

We are not being drown by rising seas. Despite so much ice allegedly melting. So much ice has melted that the ocean floors are sinking and this is causing sea levels to fall.

It is the same utterly lame logic that global warming is causing global cooling and it is all due to man made carbon dioxide. We are starting to hear about global cooling - they are finally having to admit to this but despite old age pensioners freezing to death never mind on the other side of this we will get global warming again and we will all be fried alive again.

"Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to convince %90+ of scientists, around the world and who have no contact with one another, to reach the same conclusion? "

Please provide the evidence 90% of scientists have been contacted and provide evidence that over 90% agreed. You will never be able to find evidence for this  it is simply bogus. It is repeated and repeated. i found this sort of thing out quite often when i was unraveling the Matrix. You will hear claims like the 97% of climate scientists say man made global warming is real but when you start hunting it down it is bogus.

As interesting as I found the expanding earth hypothesis, it is almost impossible to prove. It is also not particularly relevant. The same reason I don't like Steven Hawking. Studying black-holes is impossible to test or prove, making it a waste of time.

Countries around the world sent a delegation of scientists to Paris to establish a climate change accord. An accord which Donald Trump has decided to ignore.  I don't know why you are so concerned with transitioning away from oil into "green" tech. Are you the CEO of BP or EXON? These are countries which are also heavily invested in using oil. These are countries with reasons to not want to work together. But they are. Why do you think this is? I know you have taken your position and will not change it. But the "research" you just made me waste my time with was not even sourced nor abundant. These are hypotheses at best. If there were a way for the world to not need to be dependent on foreign oil drilling, they would have done it?

This was supposed to be a discussion about Warren Buffet and his history of buying silver.  

@Lowlow what you are describing is a deflationary phase prior to inflation. This is seen in the longer term Elliott wave projections on the S&P index. You may have seen them. The likes of Robert Prechter have it that we will have down waves after the topping out of the indices. These down waves are part of significant deflation. During the down wave everything tangible will fall in price and those holding cash will be able to buy them up more cheaply prior to an up move.

Both inflationary and deflationary collapse scenarios are hypothesised by some people, whilst you have those who stick with one or the other. For some it is almost the toss of a coin and it depends on how the central banks react. They seriously dislike deflation and have usually inflated their way out of trouble.

I am projecting deflation of paper with inflation on hard assets. i am saying that market manipulation will start to fail as reality kicks in.

Gold and silver prices are manipulated. We have seen convictions of small fry individuals and a few big banks with fines for the banks. The manipulation is downwards. So natural forces would have taken price up or else there would be no need to manipulate price down. There have been efforts to keep metal prices down for decades. Price manipulation used to be through physical but the physical started to run out so paper gold and silver were invented. Everything you say involves the paper world, including paper gold and silver. From what i can see and what i hear the paper metals market is going to implode. The paper market works to keep investors and speculators away from physical. GLD, SLV, GC, SI even the spot market is paper in the main. If investors and speculators had to have metal there would suddenly be a shortage. You cannot sell a third of mined gold in a trading session when you have to have the gold.

More and more longs on the COMEX are standing for delivery. There isn't enough metal. There would be a massive default, traders would have to be settled in cash, it would become public and the COMEX as we know it would be finished. They would have to say the precious metal markets are cash settled markets and it would not take long for it is dawn on the market that this is b/c they don't have the metal. To get round this they are creating Exchange for Physical contracts. These get booted over to the London OTC (over the counter) market. There are 100's if not 1000's of tonnes of gold and even more silver EFP's doing this. What is then happening is a mystery. Are they getting rolled forwards with cash enticements - they cannot be getting settled for physical b/c this would create a severe if not impossible shortage. The EFP's are ramping up and up. The Bank for International Settlements is the key currency manager of the world - gold and silver are currencies. The BIS is in a $trillion hole. The price of gold is too high - the reason gold has come down recently is b/c there is options expiry next Wednesday 3pm GMT and there are over a $trillion BIS options on the line. It is the same every month - this is one reason we see so much manipulation.

All the time China, Russia, Turkey, Germany, the Middle East and so on are amassing physical. Goldman Sachs has been squirreling away gold for about 9 months now, JPM keeps adding to its mountain of silver it claims it doesn't have.

At some point the balance will tip and we will see defaults. People who want gold and silver and cannot get bought off. Now if it were you or i the LBMA would tell us the get lost but the Peoples Bank of China is something different. This has been a balancing act. How much longer it could go on for is anyone's guess but it didn't have much longer to go. Having said that we could have said the same a few years ago.

Now all the time we have this facade of COMEX which is why you rightly point to a collapse triggering a flight to the USD and in the meantime gold could fall in price. This is all logical. In the 2007/08 crash we saw paper gold go down before we entered the bull run which peaked in 2011. i will say the paper gold price was sold down in 2007/08 b/c if gold had gone up there would have been a stampede for gold which would have become uncontrollable. Remember all paper markets are managed.

Now we have Kinesis, this cryptocurrency i keep mentioning. i have applied for KVT  - Kinesis Velocity Tokens. These are not the currency - these are on the Etherium blockchain. These are like founding shares. When the 300 000 KVT are sold the next step is the Kinesis currency proper. This is the gold and silver title of ownership currency. A blockchain throw back to currency where a promise to pay the bearer in gold was honoured - because there was gold. From what i know there has been very large interest. The KVT's will likely sellout on the first round if not the second round. On October 1 the currency will start trading on the German stock exchange. It is will have linked up with a bank, a credit card and other transactional institutions. Before the launch the gold and silver will have to be bought. When the ABX was linked to BullionCoin there were attempts to buy 250 tonnes of gold. The LBMA refused to deal.  A different tack will have to be used this time. Then Houston we will have a situation. Large scale off take of physical on top of what is already coming out will tip the scale. That situation will trigger the reset and it will be before 1 October. The banks cannot allow the situation to get out of control before they have squared their banks for worthless fiat paper. 

There are $trillions in underwater positions - some rolled over for many years. If gold were to rise dramatically before these were squared up then it would be very expensive. There has been a delusion the gold price could be controlled and the positions could be squared at a profit or at least not $trillions in losses. In 1970 half the gold reserves at the Bank of England were sold off for $42.50/oz. Then Gordon Brown sold off another chunk again at the bottom of the market. i do not expect there to be any gold in Fort Knox. They have given away the people's gold and then they resorted to paper - in the process they now have $trillions in underwater positions which will be squared for cash with a keystroke creation of USD. This will be the cash settlement. Then the reset will come immediately afterwards - i expect over a weekend and then the market will take over. The number of EFP's have ramped up when price falls, physical demand takes off when prices fall and there isn't a slush fund of physical anymore. They will not be able to send price down for more than a spike. Kinesis is going to suck up $billions in gold. That is 100's and 100's of tonnes of gold. The whole thing is going to blow up. The Muslim world will adopt Kinesis, they already have links with the Indonesian post office. You will be able to spend it on a card in the shops. The real trick is there is a yield attached to the process for minters and holders of KVT's. i am told big institutions are getting very interested. The returns on KVT are something else - i find the numbers rather ambitious but if they are a tenth of what they predict i will be happy. 

So demand will overpower the controlling mechanisms. Either they ban gold or there will be a reset and price moves up to multiple thousands if not 10's of thousands.

My research tells me we are moving into global cooling. There are going to be big crop losses. This has started but you will not find it on the front page of the newspapers yet. There are going to be food shortages. The shops will be empty. We may see some rationing. The elite apparently want the global population down to 500 million and this is going to help. There will be hunger, panic and violence. These aren't conditions to send hard asset prices down.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

11 hours ago, aztecstargazer said:

As interesting as I found the expanding earth hypothesis, it is almost impossible to prove. It is also not particularly relevant. The same reason I don't like Steven Hawking. Studying black-holes is impossible to test or prove, making it a waste of time.

Countries around the world sent a delegation of scientists to Paris to establish a climate change accord. An accord which Donald Trump has decided to ignore.  I don't know why you are so concerned with transitioning away from oil into "green" tech. Are you the CEO of BP or EXON? These are countries which are also heavily invested in using oil. These are countries with reasons to not want to work together. But they are. Why do you think this is? I know you have taken your position and will not change it. But the "research" you just made me waste my time with was not even sourced nor abundant. These are hypotheses at best. If there were a way for the world to not need to be dependent on foreign oil drilling, they would have done it?

This was supposed to be a discussion about Warren Buffet and his history of buying silver.  

Well you have not researched the topics i posted in this time. It is not impossible to prove the expanding Earth, you just have not researched it enough. Satellite data shows the Earth is expanding. As a child it always occurred to me that the continents fitted together. i am not sure there was the theory of continent drift at the time but this was put forward. The thing i had problems with was the continents clearly fit together but they don't. The fit is not right. Since my childish musings they have mapped the ocean floor - you know the floor they say must be sinking to explain why we aren't underwater due to global warming which isn't happening now - cos we are in the 'Pause'. FFS what Jokers.

The ocean floor has been aged. The ocean floors are new along fault lines. New ocean floor is being made - you may have seen the submarine images of vents in the ocean issuing volcanic material. As you move out from the faults the ocean floor gets older. Then you hit land. The land is generally much much older. As i remember the ocean floors are no more than 180 million years old. The plate tectonic people ignore the ocean floor data - it does not fit the theory. They try to say there is subduction. That the ocean floors then slip under the land and so we only see this young ocean floor. But where is this ocean floor going to? Why isn't the coast lines rising up?

If you take the ocean floor back in time the land masses come closer together and the Earth get smaller - you keep doing this and the continental masses meet on a much smaller globe. Funnily enough the land mass jigsaw pieces fit nicely and my childhood questions are answered. i have hundreds of glitches stored up in my mind which tell me the story is not right. Over time they get answered.

So we have the possibility of the expanding Earth. Satellite data tells us it is expanding by a few centimeters a year. The rotation of the Earth is slowing very slowly.

An other glitch i had was the dinosaurs. i decided they never existed and the dinosaurs in the museums were plaster casts. Interestingly some have been admitted to be plaster casts. I used to be very interested in dinosaurs as some kids were before Fakebook. i decided T rex was an invention. It was supposed to be 30 odd feet tall and run around at 25 mph. It has tiny arms so what happens if it falls? It cannot save itself. It was supposed to shed its tail as it grew. So how could it balance them? How did its heart pump blood up to its brain especially when it was running fast? The giraffe is 18 feet tall and that is as tall as you get - after that the blood cannot reach the brain. What happens to the head of the T rex which cannot save itself if it trips at 25mph falls at full speed from 30 feet up in the air? The head and its brain would be smashed to pieces. The T rex cannot work. The massive dinosaurs would be unable to walk. They would collapse under their own weight. So i decided it was an invention in an attempt to prove evolution. Then i discovered the expanding Earth and that gravity would increase. That when dinosaurs were around gravity was less, that blood could get to the brains of dinosaurs and it wasn't such a bad fall and it would not smash their brains.

Steven Hawkings is a vegetable. Look at him he is a vegetable. Stop believing all the sh1t you are told. He says nothing - someone else is writing the computer text.

You still have not told me where the 97% of scientists comes from. You do not know do you. It is an invention. It is more sh1t.

Think a moment - There is a consensus of 97% of scientist that man made global warming is true.

Well i can agree that man made global warming is true. People are making carbon dioxide which would otherwise not exist and carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. It is a very minor greenhouse gas - so minor it is irrelevant. But this is not what is really being said.

Obama tweeted the claim that "97 percent of scientists" agree that climate change is "real, man-made and dangerous."

This is total BS. This is saying every scientist was asked and answered. EVERY scientist. So they will have to backtrack about every scientist to 'climate scientists' but let's not forget Bill Nye the science guy.

Then they have to backtrack b/c there is no way they asked every climate scientist and got answers from all of them.

So we asked some climate scientists and got some answers back. The reality is the 97% comes from fake science.

Even Forbes comes nearer the truth https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/#136420991157

i notice the University of Sussex is mentioned in the article - hmmmm this is a wing of Tavistock - the factory of lies. All lies lead back to Tavistock.

You did not have time to do any proper research so you did not waste your time other than doing improper research. If you were a real scientist you would know to cover the topics i mentioned would take weeks and months. i know this b/c i have spent years covering this material. i have spent years on single topics. The time you waste is time spent reading and believing the mainstream junk. Keep stacking you are doing that much right.

Have a nice day.

A lot of long winded posts here, but the fact remains that holding a decent amount of silver takes up way too much room, and if you are buying "paper silver" it defeats the point of PMs in the first place.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

50 minutes ago, sg86 said:

A lot of long winded posts here, but the fact remains that holding a decent amount of silver takes up way too much room, and if you are buying "paper silver" it defeats the point of PMs in the first place.

Some detailed thoughtful posts rebutting some other posts. I have a lot of room so i have a stack of silver several times my body weight.  Horses for courses.

16 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

I am amazed by people who still buy silver and please no one take offence but in my opinion that stuff is never making a comeback. Warren doesnt like any PMs hes said it numerous times.

Silver is the second most versatile commodity after oil. There is abundant oil. There is limited silver. Silver is not making a comeback because it never went away. The Indians are stacking silver to the sky. JPM has been building a massive pile since 2011. What Warren Buffet says he thinks is irrelevant. If Apple, Samsung or any of these electronic giants had to stop their production lines the price of silver goes to any price you care to ask. You will be amazed by silver, if not the people who buy it.

@sixgun, I appreciate what you wrote, and we basically agree on what the end game is going to be.  I'm looking forward to it, I made good money during the 2008 crash, mostly because most "investors" have no idea why they are in the market, so they predictably engage in stampedes when the time is right, it doesn't take a genius to make good trades when that happens.

I'd write more to respond to your post but I'm short on time at the moment.

I do enjoy a good bit of batland theory, but sometimes I read enough and just have to point out to the author the daftness... @sixgun, firstly plate tectonic people dont ignore the ocean floor, it was the mapping of that after WWI that lead to the theory in the first place.  Main silliness is the idea that expanding earth alters gravity, when its mass that alters gravity.  Same mass taking up different volume will still weigh the same, just the density changes.  Would have though someone interested in metals would know about that :lol:   Also, "Dinosaurs were invented to prove evolution"... do you not believe in evolution? 

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

More and more longs on the COMEX are standing for delivery. There isn't enough metal. There would be a massive default, traders would have to be settled in cash, it would become public and the COMEX as we know it would be finished. They would have to say the precious metal markets are cash settled markets and it would not take long for it is dawn on the market that this is b/c they don't have the metal. To get round this they are creating Exchange for Physical contracts. These get booted over to the London OTC (over the counter) market. There are 100's if not 1000's of tonnes of gold and even more silver EFP's doing this.

What is then happening is a mystery.

Are they getting rolled forwards with cash enticements - they cannot be getting settled for physical b/c this would create a severe if not impossible shortage. The EFP's are ramping up and up.

I read you always with pleasure sixgun, you are my best source in all things kinesis/abx :)

About these EFP: they are used - as you say - to settle comex contracts, but not just through London. They use potentially all LMBA facilities around the globe

This is from Koos Jansen

We’ve established gold in Switzerland and Hong Kong is used to “settle” gold futures. But there is also proof gold in London is used to phase out positions on the COMEX. When researching this topic I reached out to William Purpura who is, inter alia, Chairman at Northport Commodities, member of the COMEX Governors Committee, and previously traded on the COMEX floor from 1982 to 2007. I asked Purpura for an example of how EFPs are used. He replied [brackets added by me]:

Most of it [EFP] is done by bullion banks. … It’s mainly for netting out. Lot’s of times London versus New York. You see lots of EFPs posted around 8am in New York on COMEX.

There it is, “London versus New York”, and, “netting out”. From this quote we learn loco London gold is used to execute EFPs to wash out New York futures positions. One can argue the related position in London is “unallocated” – I’m not sure. In the latest formulation by CME on EFP (Market Regulation Advisory Notice RA1311-5R) it’s stated:

Where the related position component … is a physical transaction … the transaction should be submitted for clearing as an EFP transaction type.

Often in wholesale gold market parlance physical is also used for “unallocated gold”, which is not exactly physical in my opinion.

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/koos-jansen/london-hong-kong-gold-used-to-settle-comex-futures/

Maguire calls the whole EFP a charade, meaning it's no physical delivery.

I can't imagine someone going long at the comex, paying the whole price for a future at the beginning of the delivery month, asking for delivery, getting an EFP + a premium, waiting x months, in order to get... no-physical :blink:

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I do enjoy a good bit of batland theory, but sometimes I read enough and just have to point out to the author the daftness... @sixgun, firstly plate tectonic people dont ignore the ocean floor, it was the mapping of that after WWI that lead to the theory in the first place.  Main silliness is the idea that expanding earth alters gravity, when its mass that alters gravity.  Same mass taking up different volume will still weigh the same, just the density changes.  Would have though someone interested in metals would know about that :lol: 

The ocean floors were discovered to be created from fault lines - their ages increase outwards from the fault lines reaching a maximum at the continental masses. From my information this was not fully understood after WWI. It is more recent. Once the age of the ocean floors is determined and that new ocean floor is constantly being created you have the fact the ocean floors are no older than 180 million years and if you hold the Earth is static in size how this can be if the ocean floors are constantly being created.

So we have the subduction theory in an attempt to support the notion the Earth is a static size with ocean floor creation.

The theory maintains the ocean floors are disappearing under the continental land masses - i mentioned this already. We have the theory the ocean floor is disappearing under the continental land mass so what is happening to it then? Why aren't the land masses being pushed up at the interface as the ocean floors dive down? This is not happening - there is no properly satisfactory answer. We also have the fact were have had vast expanses of ocean floor created in the last 180 million years. If the ocean floors are subducting under the continental masses this is not happening as fast as the oceans floors are being created. If it were there would be no ocean floors. That being the case, the Earth must be expanding with or without subduction.

I did not go into the mass issue. The thread was about Buffet buying more silver and then ended up in a hundred different directions - i type fast and this is fun but there is a limit to my typing. Nothing mentioning the mass factor does not mean i do not understand or know about it. Atomic clock measurements have shown the Earth is rotating more slowly and satellite measurements that the Earth is expanding. From memory it is something like 16cm increase a year at the moment. The slowing of a yearly rotation is a fraction of a second. The observations of rotation and expansion fit in with the necessary increase in mass that would come if the Earth's increased size was accounted for by more matter.

So the expanding Earth theory fits in with more matter. It fits in with the primary water cycle and abiotic oil - the Russians have known oil is not a fossil fuel for at least 40 years. They have found it over 10km down. Oil fields refill when apparently drained. They try to explain it by say there are oil fields even deeper down - but still cling to the fossil fuel idea.

Now i am not clear about how cosmic rays interact with the Earth's core to create matter - this is the theory for the expanding Earth and increased mass. We do see more earthquakes and volcanic activity with more cosmic ray reaching Earth. We see more volcanic activity - more earthquakes - global cooling - a weakened magnetosphere and more cosmic rays coincide.

I have seen a theory for the expanding Earth, increased gravitational field without increased matter. The creation of matter in the Earth's core from cosmic energy is not something i would claim to be anything of an expert on but i am think it is interesting to discuss these things.

15 minutes ago, Mildred said:

I read you always with pleasure sixgun, you are my best source in all things kinesis/abx :)

About these EFP: they are used - as you say - to settle comex contracts, but not just through London. They use potentially all LMBA facilities around the globe

This is from Koos Jansen

We’ve established gold in Switzerland and Hong Kong is used to “settle” gold futures. But there is also proof gold in London is used to phase out positions on the COMEX. When researching this topic I reached out to William Purpura who is, inter alia, Chairman at Northport Commodities, member of the COMEX Governors Committee, and previously traded on the COMEX floor from 1982 to 2007. I asked Purpura for an example of how EFPs are used. He replied [brackets added by me]:

Most of it [EFP] is done by bullion banks. … It’s mainly for netting out. Lot’s of times London versus New York. You see lots of EFPs posted around 8am in New York on COMEX.

There it is, “London versus New York”, and, “netting out”. From this quote we learn loco London gold is used to execute EFPs to wash out New York futures positions. One can argue the related position in London is “unallocated” – I’m not sure. In the latest formulation by CME on EFP (Market Regulation Advisory Notice RA1311-5R) it’s stated:

Where the related position component … is a physical transaction … the transaction should be submitted for clearing as an EFP transaction type.

Often in wholesale gold market parlance physical is also used for “unallocated gold”, which is not exactly physical in my opinion.

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/koos-jansen/london-hong-kong-gold-used-to-settle-comex-futures/

Maguire calls the whole EFP a charade, meaning it's no physical delivery.

I can't imagine someone going long at the comex, paying the whole price for a future at the beginning of the delivery month, asking for delivery, getting an EFP + a premium, waiting x months, in order to get... no-physical :blink:

You are right - Hong Kong is also involved as well as London but most of these EFP's are disappearing into the opaque OTC spot London market. i was told this weekend by someone who following these EFP's very closely that he does not know what is happening to them. He sees a few that are being settled for physical but the vast majority cannot be and he does not know what has happened to them.

17 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The theory maintains the ocean floors are disappearing under the continental land masses - i mentioned this already. We have the theory the ocean floor is disappearing under the continental land mass so what is happening to it then? Why aren't the land masses being pushed up at the interface as the ocean floors dive down? This is not happening - there is no properly satisfactory answer.

Erm... land masses are pushed up, Himalayas, Alps, and other mountain ranges are result of uplift from plate movements.  Seems like you accepted half of plate tectonics theory and overlooked the other half.  Also, Earth slowing down is explained to gravitational pull of the moon.  Assuming its not a hollow base for space aliens of course.

And an erratum, I meant WWII, the sea floors were extensively mapped following the second world war, when sonar could be used.

8 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Erm... land masses are pushed up, Himalayas, Alps, and other mountain ranges are result of uplift from plate movements.  Seems like you accepted half of plate tectonics theory and overlooked the other half.  Also, Earth slowing down is explained to gravitational pull of the moon.  Assuming its not a hollow base for space aliens of course.

And an erratum, I meant WWII, the sea floors were extensively mapped following the second world war, when sonar could be used.

i am sure i overlook somethings i overlooked the Moon - another interesting topic. The Moon has always appeared too big and too near to me. There is one of those glitches. The interesting fact is the Moon is apparently rotating and yet we only ever see the same face - century after century. It never changes. Now what are the chances of that?

Explanations are given - it does not mean any of them are right.

23 hours ago, sixgun said:

Yes - this is partly what Kinesis and the ABX is about. The Allocated Bullion Exchange has been active for a few years but its 'official launch' is not until the third quarter of 2018.

Part of the idea of the ABX even before the gold and silver backed currency was even thought of was that miners could sell their metal through the ABX and get much better prices. Currently they get shafted by the bullion banks. The miners are kept poor so they have to borrow and they are beholden to the banks who can use this situation to keep metal prices low. If miners can sell direct to the wholesale market and gold/silver buying central banks/industry and not through the LBMA cartel they will be able to get a much better price and true price discovery can start to operate. Get the banks off their backs and we will see a resurgence in mining. This will have to happen as miners are not exploring. i expect this has simply been asset stripping by the usual culprits. If miners can sell their gold and silver as Kinesis currency then they will be quids in. The miners are hand to mouth and cannot refuse to sell but if they can sell outside the LBMA criminal syndicate then it is game over for manipulation.

Thanks again 6gun,

I'm sure they are working to get miners on board, alas everything must run behind closed doors so we don't know 

Since the abx website doesn't show volume, I had the impression that it doesn't get a lot of interest yet.

Could It be that abx until now didn't get the  expected traction, so that now they are putting all hopes in kinesis? ( I didn't know that their hard launch hasn't happened yet)

Now they have this deal with the indonesian post service.

Maguire: if single large tonnage orders for gold, (and especially silver), were demanded, the LBMA would simply refuse to deliver or severely delay fulfilling these transactions. However, with millions of micro transactions occurring from the bottom up through Kinesis via multiple ABX vaulting locations worldwide, these orders will get filled.

Do we have to wait for kinesis to break the system?

1 minute ago, Mildred said:

Since the abx website doesn't show volume, I had the impression that it doesn't get a lot of interest yet.

Could It be that abx until now didn't get the  expected traction, so that now they are putting all hopes in kinesis? ( I didn't know that their hard launch hasn't happened yet)

Now they have this deal with the indonesian post service.

Maguire: if single large tonnage orders for gold, (and especially silver), were demanded, the LBMA would simply refuse to deliver or severely delay fulfilling these transactions. However, with millions of micro transactions occurring from the bottom up through Kinesis via multiple ABX vaulting locations worldwide, these orders will get filled.

Do we have to wait for kinesis to break the system?

i have bought metal on the ABX Metaldesk platform and i would say there is not a lot of volume. Well not in the little bars i was buying. From what i hear the big buys are not on any platform or at any quoted price. I get the impression the ABX has not created the traction that was hoped.

I think the hard launch was something waiting to happen when there was something else happening. If BullionCoin had happened the hard launch would have happened sooner. i notice BullionCoin is still not flying despite the Whitepaper last September. What in reality does a hard launch really mean? - is this a publicity angle? - i think probably so.

Yes - the large order was thrown back at them. To be honest a bit naive to expect it would be otherwise. The LBMA was put on notice. i would not have done that but one line of thought could be that the cartel can prepare for the inevitable and let it happen rather than putting obstacles in the way. Each Kinesis currency token is by weight rather than the USD value of the KVT ('founding shares' - my term). i wonder what the price of metal will be by launch day on October 1. Assuming there are orders for several hundreds of tonnes of immediate delivery gold flying in, in sub $100 aliquots these will be initially absorbed and then price will start to climb and then it will become apparent the lid cannot held down. The powers that should not be will have to take drastic action, hopefully decorum will be maintained, the white flag goes up, unallocated gold holders get settled in cash, COMEX longs are settled at the closing price on Friday, shorts are margin called and then bankrupted, then there is a price reset and the market opens with a massive gap up. Better get your gold before then.

i do not think this is far fetched. It is just we have had so many empty vessels making noise about gold going to many $1000 and nothing has happened. This time is different. The people behind this seem hell bent on blowing the paper market up so i will ride the wave when they make that splash.

11 hours ago, sg86 said:

If you have enough to worry about where to put it, you have more than enough cash to allocate toward storage and security. There are of course plenty of vault storage companies who will store it for cheap. 

On 24/02/2018 at 16:28, aztecstargazer said:

The first article I came across today was how Warren Buffet is sitting on $116 Billion in low-yield bonds/cash. The article points to a total lack of companies which have anymore growth opportunity. https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/with-116-billion-cash-buffett-says-berkshire-needs-huge-acquisitions-1306372

This points to the Stock Market being at its peak. When Americas most successful investor can't find a company to invest in, you know a turn is coming. Warren Buffet was a major silver buyer back in like 1998. Could Berkshire Hathaway be considering a position in silver again? 

Mike Maloney has this cool chart showing an inverse correlation of the DOW/Gold. So if the stock market is at it's height, where does gold/silver go?

I was looking at the same article. 

This is Buffett's not so subtle way of saying that "stocks are very over-valued".

I remember very clearly in lateish 2007 Buffett issuing notice of a peak by saying "we have now noticed a slowdown in our key businesses".  Again, that is all the warning that anyone should need that  the risk to reward is now well and truly out of balance.

Archived