• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Warren Buffet move

The first article I came across today was how Warren Buffet is sitting on $116 Billion in low-yield bonds/cash. The article points to a total lack of companies which have anymore growth opportunity. https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/with-116-billion-cash-buffett-says-berkshire-needs-huge-acquisitions-1306372

This points to the Stock Market being at its peak. When Americas most successful investor can't find a company to invest in, you know a turn is coming. Warren Buffet was a major silver buyer back in like 1998. Could Berkshire Hathaway be considering a position in silver again? 

Mike Maloney has this cool chart showing an inverse correlation of the DOW/Gold. So if the stock market is at it's height, where does gold/silver go?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a discussion on another thread about index linked funds in a regular contribution investment vehicle. i tried to get through to the member who is all for this investment that this is not the right time to be starting this type of investment.

Bond holders are in a bad situation. Rates have been low so bonds have had poor yields. Some are even negative yields. You would have thought that money would flood into gold - money should have been flooding into gold but there has been massive negative propaganda and the gold cartel wash and rinse the life out of gold investing. The Fed says it is going to have 4 rate increases this year. The markets do not believe the Fed but this is what it says. The Fed also says it will start reducing its portfolio of bonds. The Fed has been buying US bonds like crazy. The Fed will not sell them but it may just not reinvest the maturing bonds into new ones. The ECB has been buying any and every bond in the EU until its hands bleed. The same goes for other central banks. If this stops who will buy the bonds?

The yield of a bond and its price are inversely related. If the rates on bonds increase their prices fall. Wiltshire Hathaway (Buffet's investment corporation) is holding lots of low yielding bonds (aka government bonds). If and when rates go up these will tumble in price. He stands to lose $billions. If we enter an inflationary cycle and rates start picking up there will be a stampede for the door and fix interest investments will be dumped. Who would want to hold a 2.5% yielding bond with 10% inflation and a value 25% of what you bought it for?

The prices of stocks are very high. i have followed PE ratios since the mid 1980's when this bull run began. They are about 3x what they were. Some PE ratios are in the 100's. Unless profits in these companies go to the Moon they will never return the money paid. It will be like the Japanese stock market in the 1980'swhen it just kept ramping up. The idea was there would always be a bigger fool to take the inflated stock off your hands. The Japanese stock market then crashed out and it has never really recovered. Japan has a zombie economy. If it weren't for the Bank of Japan having bought up most of the Japanese stocks, Japanese stocks would be in the basement. The major stock markets are overripe for a big correction. The Japanese markets have been dying on their feet for decades - the same is highly likely for Western markets. There are lots of reasons for this outside those i mention. All the numbers are made up, the markets are being bought up and we are potentially, i say definitely staring into the abyss. The bond market will collapse (this is the biggest market) and it will take stocks down with it as everything gets liquidated. This is exactly the time to hold gold.

Buffet held a huge physical silver position (130 million oz) and then it got liquidated. i will say Buffet was persuaded to liquidate the position. Silver is the lethal bullet to the vampire squid of banks. It is real money and it is in very short supply. Whatever you are told it would not take much investment demand to tip the balance and send the price through the roof. Then gold would follow suit and the massively leveraged paper positions would be forced to unwind with $trillions of losses. JP Morgan now has a big physical holding - they claim they don't but who can believe JPM. They may be holding it for someone else who is untouchable. i am skeptical as to whether Buffet would be allowed to build up another big silver position.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

This is exactly the time to hold gold.

With the gold/silver ratio at a high and growing, would you agree this is the time to accumulate silver? Which is why I said Buffet would buy silver, not gold. Especially with the ever increasing industrial demand of silver, not gold.

2 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

With the gold/silver ratio at a high and growing, would you agree this is the time to accumulate silver? Which is why I said Buffet would buy silver, not gold. Especially with the ever increasing industrial demand of silver, not gold.

Absolutely this is the time to grab silver with both hands and use your feet if you can. The GSR is at crazy levels. The price of silver is just stupid.

A $20 gold coin in 1900 and a $1 silver coin are roughly the same weight. So the GSR was roughly 20:1. Silver has been taken out of state currency. The reason given in the 1960's was there were many more important uses for silver in industry. This is true. The other reason is with no precious metal in legal tender you can print as much currency as you like and this is what happened.

Now you would think that if there are more important uses for silver the price would be much higher and the GSR should be less than 20. A level of 10 seems about right on the basis of what comes out the ground. On the basis of the amounts available it should be 1:1 or even better than that.

Silver is an absolute no-brainer. The so-called pumpers have been saying this for several years. They are right but their timing has been wrong. Now is the time to load up the van, the boat, the kitchen sink and everything else with silver.

i buy silver every month. i have never sold a single ounce. i do not think Buffet will be allowed to build up another stockpile like he did (130 million ounces). i suspect he was forced to sell off his stockpile It is suggested buffet's silver went into an ETF at a time they didn't know where the silver would come from - ie it would create a shortage and jack up the price.

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2006/05/06/warren-buffett-sells-family-silver

The advent of silver ETF's is an important way in which the cartel get people to think they have silver when they actually have irredeemable paper.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The advent of silver ETF's is an important way in which the cartel get people to think they have silver when they actually have irredeemable paper.

Do you think primary silver miners would ever band together and refuse to sell silver at artificial prices? Kieth Neumeyer, CEO of First Majestic, has been publicly denouncing silver price manipulation.

11 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

Do you think primary silver miners would ever band together and refuse to sell silver at artificial prices? Kieth Neumeyer, CEO of First Majestic, has been publicly denouncing silver price manipulation.

Yes - this is partly what Kinesis and the ABX is about. The Allocated Bullion Exchange has been active for a few years but its 'official launch' is not until the third quarter of 2018.

Part of the idea of the ABX even before the gold and silver backed currency was even thought of was that miners could sell their metal through the ABX and get much better prices. Currently they get shafted by the bullion banks. The miners are kept poor so they have to borrow and they are beholden to the banks who can use this situation to keep metal prices low. If miners can sell direct to the wholesale market and gold/silver buying central banks/industry and not through the LBMA cartel they will be able to get a much better price and true price discovery can start to operate. Get the banks off their backs and we will see a resurgence in mining. This will have to happen as miners are not exploring. i expect this has simply been asset stripping by the usual culprits. If miners can sell their gold and silver as Kinesis currency then they will be quids in. The miners are hand to mouth and cannot refuse to sell but if they can sell outside the LBMA criminal syndicate then it is game over for manipulation.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

If miners can sell to the wholesale market and gold/silver buying banks/industry they will be able to get a much better price and true price discovery can start to operate. Get the banks off their backs and we will see a resurgence in mining. This will have to happen as miners are not exploring. 

A bit of devil's advocate here. What would happen to the global economy, especially technology, if silver prices blew past $50. Could the ripple effect lead to stagnation in innovation and tech expansion?

14 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

A bit of devil's advocate here. What would happen to the global economy, especially technology, if silver prices blew past $50. Could the ripple effect lead to stagnation in innovation and tech expansion?

According to the BBC " Smartphones are pocket-sized vaults of precious metals and rare earths. A typical iPhone is estimated to house around 0.034g of gold, 0.34g of silver, 0.015g of palladium and less than one-thousandth of a gram of platinum. "

This is more than i thought it was - but let's go with the BBC figures.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161017-your-old-phone-is-full-of-precious-metals

If silver went to $50 that would be $16.50 of silver in a phone. i see an Apple iPhone X is over $1000. So $50 silver is not going to impact the price much.

We will see true price discovery - so if the price got too high, buying would lessen and the price would come down. Personally i see much higher than $50. It should be $130 right now. i see gold going to $5 - 6000 with a price reset - so $600/oz is a fair price for silver. These numbers seem crazy but these are the numbers i expect. I have an old smartphone which i hardly use. I have a silver stack i would need a van to move - i will shed no tears other than of joy when silver is priced fairly.

The Kinesis currency will be traded from 1st October 2018. There will be many $billions being traded. The metal will have had to have been purchased to back all the Kinesis currency. We have the issue of crappy bond yields and the prospect of collapsing bond prices. There is going to be a flood of institutional money into this gold/silver backed currency with a yield. Bring it on i say.

8 minutes ago, sixgun said:

If silver went to $50 that would be $16.50 of silver in a phone. i see an Apple iPhone X is over $1000. So $50 silver is not going to impact the price much.

Except your mixing oz's and grams so there isnt $16.50 of silver in a phone .

At $50 silver an oz:

50/31.1 = $1.6 / gram

$1.6 X 0.34g = $0.55

$0.55 of silver in an IPhone X - not such a big deal on a $1000 phone is it lol

2 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Except your mixing oz's and grams.

At $50 silver an oz:

Actual figures would be: $0.55 of silver in an IPhone X - not such a big deal on a $1000 phone is it lol

Yes i am mixing ounces and grams :blink: This explains why it was more silver than i thought. i had thought it was a few cents of silver in a phone which is why it is not reclaimed. So Apple and others will pay much higher prices for silver. The moment there is a failure to deliver to Samsung and they have to stop the production lines expect silver prices to go through the roof.

20 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

This micro-analysis is what leads to what I call, "cumulative error effect". Yes, on a small scale, the effect is superficial. But the cumulative effect is compounded at the macro level over time.

If there is an effect on technology there is an effect. Silver is being thrown into landfill at current prices. It will literally run out in the end if reality does not kick in.

People will have to pay more, do without or keep their old devices. These devices aren't being made in the West anyway and most of them are being used to waste time on social media websites collecting personal information and brainwashing the gullible. What a blessing if these black scrying mirrors were done away with. Worthwhile technology will march on.

2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

If there is an effect on technology there is an effect. Silver is being thrown into landfill at current prices. It will literally run out in the end if reality does not kick in.

People will have to pay more, do without or keep their old devices. These devices aren't being made in the West anyway and most of them are being used to waste time on social media websites collecting personal information and brainwashing the gullible. What a blessing if these black scrying mirrors were done away with. Worthwhile technology will march on.

It isn't just smartphones. The need for things like improved battery technology, solar-power, pharmaceuticals etc. will be made more difficult to explore. Global climate change is a fact, not some conspiracy. This is another example of how cumulative error can have drastic consequences. But the need to convert into sustainable energy transportation with companies like Tesla, will drive increased demand for silver. 

Don't get me wrong, silver is at stupid levels right now.  Which is why I have been investing heavily into silver, not gold. But when I here emotion overtaking logic, I get concerned. If silver shot to $200 and gold shot to $2,0000, even in a few weeks, the economy would likely collapse. A transition to "fair-levels" would need to be closely monitored and require several years to be done right. 

People are panicky creatures. You can't, or shouldn't, shock the economy like this, and expect anything other than chaos. Chaos breeds more chaos. 

1 minute ago, aztecstargazer said:

It isn't just smartphones. The need for things like improved battery technology, solar-power, pharmaceuticals etc. will be made more difficult to explore. Global climate change is a fact, not some conspiracy. This is another example of how cumulative error can have drastic consequences. But the need to convert into sustainable energy transportation with companies like Tesla, will drive increased demand for silver. 

Don't get me wrong, silver is at stupid levels right now.  Which is why I have been investing heavily into silver, not gold. But when I here emotion overtaking logic, I get concerned. If silver shot to $200 and gold shot to $2,0000, even in a few weeks, the economy would likely collapse. A transition to "fair-levels" would need to be closely monitored and require several years to be done right. 

People are panicky creatures. You can't, or shouldn't, shock the economy like this, and expect anything other than chaos. Chaos breeds more chaos. 

Global climate change is fact. The climate is always changing. Global warming is the hoax. There is no global warming let alone man made carbon dioxide driven global warming. the figures have been rigged. The climate is being manipulated but they cannot alter the fact a Grand Solar Minimum is upon us.

This global warming is a massive lie. It is simply criminal. The polar ice caps are accumulating more ice, there are more polar bears, the sea levels are falling - we are not underwater. What a joke. The controlled media will not let it go of this hoax - they must keep repeating the lies to convince the masses even though it was exposed as a hoax with Climategate. There is dramatic climate change on our doorstep - one of global cooling, crop failure and global famine. i do not exaggerate. We are entering the next Grand Solar Minimum. Watch and you will see but better get prepared.

Oil is a limitless resource - limitless in human terms. Peak oil - another hoax. Fossil fuels - oil does not come from dead dinosaurs or prehistoric vegetation. The Rockefeller made that one up. No fossils have ever been found in oil and the deepest oil well was over 10km down. How do rotting dinosaurs get that far down? The Russians have know for over 40 years that oil is not a fossil fuel.

Tesla's brilliance has been hidden - we could have free energy (which is why it has been hidden) forget silly things like solar panels.

The economies are going to collapse anyway. That is what comes of not having sound money.

Gold will go to $5 - 6000 at least and for starters. So if you believe the economy will collapse at $2000 it will be going subterranean - over 10km down perhaps.

Kinesis is going to suck out 1000's of tonnes of metal. There is no several years, no closely monitored. This is la la land. The clock has started ticking. It was inevitable anyway but it has been brought forward. The system will collapse, a reset is going to happen. Get yourself on the right side of this or suffer. The criminal banks have caused this. The world is run by psychopaths and their puppets. You can do nothing to stop this freight train - get out of the way and make sure you are ready for a global collapse, global cooling and food shortages.

@aztecstargazer  first they ignore you, then they laugh at you,........ "

Everything i have put is correct and true. There are a few people on this forum who are switched on, i just happen to not give a damn and say it as it really is. i only bother to put this information b/c some people might think they ought to dig into what this guy is saying. I strongly recommend people do their own research - look beyond the control media and propaganda outlets - you won't hear the truth there until it is too late.

There was a chunk of ice the size of Rhode Island that broke off the ice shelf in Antarctica. I live in Colorado, and there used to be a glacier near us. It's all but gone now. There are countless photos of glaciers melting and becoming non-existent where they have existed for tens of thousands of years. 

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to convince %90+ of scientists, around the world and who have no contact with one another, to reach the same conclusion? 

Are big bankers criminals?   ---kinda-sorta. Should people be given a gold-parachute for crashing the economy? No, they should go to prison. Should a bank be "too big to fail"? Nope, Bernie Sanders was correct in this regard. Breaking up the big banks is critical to long-term economic stability. 

This is where us "filthy, freedom hating, regulators" come in. You can't do certain things and expect long-term success. These sort of people want short-term exploitation for personal gain, which ALWAYS has drastic negative consequences. 

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

@aztecstargazer  first they ignore you, then they laugh at you,........ "

Everything i have put is correct and true. There are a few people on this forum who are switched on, i just happen to not give a damn and say it as it really is. i only bother to put this information b/c some people might think they ought to dig into what this guy is saying. I strongly recommend people do their own research - look beyond the control media and propaganda outlets - you won't hear the truth there until it is too late.

I've only been studying chemistry and science my entire life. Analyzing how a system reacts to drastic changes in concentration levels is essential in understanding reactions. The Earth is basically a giant peetrie dish, and the bio-sphere is going to be affected if there are metric tons of anything being introduced(eg carbon-dioxide). The effects aren't immediately noticeable, and may take decades to become apparent. I don't just regurgitate talking points. I read scientific journal articles, NERD, and wait until there are multiple factors or studies which become evidence, before I establish a position.  

I thought oil was the early sea creatures and plankton and such like, several million years before the good old dinosaurs is this not the theory? There was something I rather liked about burning our planets biological history to get to work so I hope this is still the case. No matter if not, I will content myself by burning more coal on the open fire. Global warming I do agree is real but I can't buy into this manmade nonsense. The manmade idea is at best a delusion, so that we can pretend we can control the atmosphere without considering solar activity (people can't stand not to be in control can they), and at worst it is a lie being used to keep the green taxes rolling in some of which is used to keep the climate scientists on the payroll.

Either way - the result is a great control measure for government, a great money maker for them too, it makes everyone who suffers the taxes poorer, stifles economic growth and strengthens wasteful government. It also results in cars that produce gases that literally melt lungs instead of just producing plant food. 

On topic, I am honestly surprised that buffet does not invest in precious metals, its very odd not to have some exposure, though I guess the reason he hasn't is because he doesn't like investments he doesn't understand.

4 minutes ago, KDave said:

On topic, I am honestly surprised that buffet does not invest in precious metals, its very odd not to have some exposure, though I guess the reason he hasn't is because he doesn't like investments he doesn't understand.

Warren Buffet had one of the largest physical silver positions in modern history back in 1998 to about 2008. The question wasn't if he would ever buy precious metal, but if he would buy it again?

16 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

I've only been studying chemistry and science my entire life. Analyzing how a system reacts to drastic changes in concentration levels is essential in understanding reactions. The Earth is basically a giant peetrie dish, and the bio-sphere is going to be affected if there are metric tons of anything being introduced(eg carbon-dioxide). The effects aren't immediately noticeable, and may take decades to become apparent. I don't just regurgitate talking points. I read scientific journal articles, NERD, and wait until there are multiple factors or studies which become evidence, before I establish a position.  

i have studied science my entire life as well. You have been misled - but this is as was planned. i used to accept a great deal of the garbage.

Search - expanding Earth - then spread out from there - "abiotic oil" - "the primary water cycle" - grand solar minimum - Adapt 2030 is a good youtube site for sources.

The media and usual authorities are programmed to lie to you. You can believe what you will. i have given you some clues, it is up to you if you follow these up.

2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i have studied science my entire life as well. You have been misled - but this is as was planned. i used to accept a great deal of the garbage.

Search - expanding Earth - then spread out from there - "abiotic oil" - "the primary water cycle" - grand solar minimum - Adapt 2030 is a good youtube site for sources.

The media and usual authorities are programmed to lie to you. You can believe what you will. i have given you some clues, it is up to you if you follow these up.

Homework? You suck. And the f***ed up part is I will have to read up on this, even if it is in direct opposition to my position. I doubt it will be backed or even sourced by multiple credible sources, but thanks for the chore. 

10 minutes ago, KDave said:

I thought oil was the early sea creatures and plankton and such like, several million years before the good old dinosaurs is this not the theory? There was something I rather liked about burning our planets biological history to get to work so I hope this is still the case. No matter if not, I will content myself by burning more coal on the open fire. Global warming I do agree is real but I can't buy into this manmade nonsense. The manmade idea is at best a delusion, so that we can pretend we can control the atmosphere without considering solar activity (people can't stand not to be in control can they), and at worst it is a lie being used to keep the green taxes rolling in some of which is used to keep the climate scientists on the payroll.

Either way - the result is a great control measure for government, a great money maker for them too, it makes everyone who suffers the taxes poorer, stifles economic growth and strengthens wasteful government. It also results in cars that produce gases that literally melt lungs instead of just producing plant food. 

My dead dinosaur comment is a bit tongue in cheek - a point of ridicule. The fossil fuel theory is anaerobically decomposed, cooked vegetation in shallow seas. The fossil fuel thesis was an invention of the Rockefellers.

The climate cycles. The Earth came out of the Dalton minimum and warmed up - as it had following the Maunder minimum. So yes there was warming. It topped out in the 1930 - 40's. Now we are entering the next minimum. The man made carbon dioxide global warming is an agenda 21 - agenda 2030 theme.

4 minutes ago, aztecstargazer said:

Homework? You suck. And the f***ed up part is I will have to read up on this, even if it is in direct opposition to my position. I doubt it will be backed or even sourced by multiple credible sources, but thanks for the chore. 

Yes i suck. i hope you do this with an open mind. A few years ago i watched a video which made me question something i had taken as fact. It made me dig - i was shocked. Not by the facts i unearthed but b/c i realised i had been lied to by government, schools, the media. every source i had relied on. i lost trust and from that moment i kept digging. If you throw yourself into this with a completely open mind and the will to discard everything you took to be true you will make some fantastic discoveries. i think a great deal i have been taught in the so called greatest institutions in the world was a lie.

5 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

What do you mean he cant find a company to invest in, do you even look at his company’s stocks he releases his holdings ever quarter and bought a ? load of stocks recently 

F4191DB1-4934-47E1-A043-31E5DA756B87.jpeg

This thread got a bit off topic, but yes, there are stocks he can buy into. But he says he likes to buy whole companies. But there are no growth opportunities for new companies he can acquire in whole. I was going to argue he could buy into the new marijuana sector. But with silver at such a low level, and with his past affinity to buy large silver positions, I thought he would consider this as an option.

5 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

I am amazed by people who still buy silver and please no one take offence but in my opinion that stuff is never making a comeback. 

If my wife ever sees this post then I am dead. Please remove it! :)

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

Archived