• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Ultimate - "Show us your stack" Thread

sworks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheating a bit but this was most of my old stack, all sold and put into the house, started 2014 and sold most of it late 2017. Top picture is half Sovereigns, 1/10th oz's, 1/20th oz's and odds and sods. Second picture is sovereigns and a couple quarter ounce brits, then the last picture is 1oz coins, a couple of quintuples and a double sov. It bought most of a decent first house so I can't be too sad. The 1887 quintuple was a fake made from 22ct gold, now melted. I'll get a photo of the current stack at some point but its not half as good :P

IMAG1273.thumb.jpg.ce42f4acb4a25401081d680ec04e0dcf.jpgIMAG1272.thumb.jpg.fa91ad51099955e6f4d5d8b70a0ede37.jpgIMAG1271.thumb.jpg.3ef78b21060f9aa35a1e546c0afed415.jpg

3 minutes ago, KDave said:

Cheating a bit but this was most of my old stack, all sold and put into the house, started 2014 and sold most of it late 2017. Top picture is half Sovereigns, 1/10th oz's, 1/20th oz's and odds and sods. Second picture is sovereigns and a couple quarter ounce brits, then the last picture is 1oz coins, a couple of quintuples and a double sov. It bought most of a decent first house so I can't be too sad. The 1887 quintuple was a fake made from 22ct gold, now melted. I'll get a photo of the current stack at some point but its not half as good :P

IMAG1273.thumb.jpg.ce42f4acb4a25401081d680ec04e0dcf.jpgIMAG1272.thumb.jpg.fa91ad51099955e6f4d5d8b70a0ede37.jpgIMAG1271.thumb.jpg.3ef78b21060f9aa35a1e546c0afed415.jpg

If you dont mind me asking from your experience if you were to save for a house again what would u mainly stack from this?

Just now, JCRJM said:

If you dont mind me asking from your experience if you were to save for a house again what would u mainly stack from this?

Same again minus the shields. I was lucky when I bought, majority of it in 2015 and due to buying as near to spot as possible. Gold is very liquid and you can get spot or very near to it when selling, it doesn't matter if its British, Mexican, Canadian, whatever its all just gold and the dealers treat it as such. Atkinsons are good for the small stuff and half sovs, HGM for the rest. With silver I bought mostly kilo bars from the forum and coin bars from the EU at 16% premium delivered, closest to spot as I could find. I sold those on eBay because the dealers will not pay a good price, silver is more work, a bit like shield sovereigns. 

Second stack is the same idea but less scale, gold and silver bought close to spot with focus on British and the odd other coin close to spot to keep it interesting :)

Just some of my Aus Lunar Proof Collection. Plus other bits and pieces.

i also have several Series 1 and 2 Sets. Boxed and Loose. 1oz

plus I collect the 10,5,2,1 and half oz sets

several panda sets, uk lunar and kookaburra.

i have several rolls of 1 oz and half oz Aus Lunar.

started collecting in 2014. Went a bit mad. Lol

i intend to leave it to Grand kids.

but I buy and sell on Ebay, really for the fun of it.

i also collect and sell jewellery.

i love getting a good deal and making a decent profit.

havent started on gold pieces yet, but having seen others stacks I'm tempted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived