• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silvergoldbull

matrawr

Anyone have any experience of dealing with them?

They are selling some JM bars which people may or may not know I like to collect! They are selling 1oz silver bars with an error serial seems abit pricey to me but would anyone else pay that price?

https://silvergoldbull.co.uk/1-oz-johnson-matthey-blank-back-serial-assignment-error-silver-bar

17 minutes ago, dutchman said:

error or not £200 plus for a 1 oz bar is crazy and when it came to resell who on earth would pay that premiun

That's what I'm thinking chances are would be making a loss so hopefully they'll reduce it!

4 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

someones bought it lol, page no longer available, is it an error though?

Says in stock. If the link doesn't work just type in johnson matthey in their search bar

The description is fairly vague so I doubt they really know what they're dealing with!

Purchase This rare find for the best price online!

A close look at the serial number will show the error of the letter "A" stamped over the first digit in the serial number. Very few Johnson Matthey bars of this design are estimated to of been made with this particular error. These silver bullion bars are made by Johnson Matthey, a refiner that has been in business since 1817. Renowned the world over for the quality of their products and the reputation that has endured for nearly 200 years.

Get your rare find today.

These are vintage items and may be tarnished or may have been visibly handled

8 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

looking at it, i can see someone payin that price, i have sold a 1/2 oz and 3/4oz jm for £200 each, so they are out there

What varieties were they? Were they error? Plain back?

2 minutes ago, dutchman said:

i received 3 x1oz jm bars last week numbered sequentially for £60 incl postage i think that was a really good deal

£20 per bar depending on which variety is okay does it have JM on the back and the serials begin with a letter?

3 minutes ago, dutchman said:

yes jm on the back and serials b553163/64/65

Whilst it is a bonus you got consecutive serials and I do have some of the same variety £20 is the max you want to pay especially at todays prices those bars weren't actually produced by JM but were minted by sunshine minting I think.

6 minutes ago, matrawr said:

Whilst it is a bonus you got consecutive serials and I do have some of the same variety £20 is the max you want to pay especially at todays prices those bars weren't actually produced by JM but were minted by sunshine minting I think.

If he's in the uk that might include a £14 delivery charge 

i defer to your obvious knowledge on the bars which is why i joined the forum been collecting less than a year learning all the time from other members at least i did not pay to much i am trying to get quality name bars like valcambi but they are so expensive however picked up a 5 oz pamp fortuna for £106 incl  postage good or not

4 minutes ago, dutchman said:

i defer to your obvious knowledge on the bars which is why i joined the forum been collecting less than a year learning all the time from other members at least i did not pay to much i am trying to get quality name bars like valcambi but they are so expensive however picked up a 5 oz pamp fortuna for £106 incl  postage good or not

Well you've come to the best place there are plenty of knowledgeable people here I'm no expert on pamp bars but they are at the higher end of the market I'd say if you paid £106 for 5 ounces that seems pretty good to me!

12 hours ago, dutchman said:

Yeah I would say thats decentish range. They usually go for around £20 an ounce in my experience. 

What names are you after? I have a fair few 1 ouncers from decent names. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived