• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Rectangular Bullion Coin

JohnA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JohnAnsink said:

Untitled.jpg

Er, yes, best to get the capsules as part of a larger order. :D

Maybe through the next group order from GS? Might be in a month or two after the current one. I would offer myself, to add one for you, but i just had a delivery from GS. (I make some orders over the course of a few months and then take delivery in one go). Will be some time before i go again.

So far, i haven't seen anywhere else selling the genuine Perth rectangle capsules. Someone said they were chasing Apmex to have them consider listing it, i think??

Just a quick note on the VAT issue regarding Perth Mint rectangular coins. A few people had talked about this, thinking they'd be hit with VAT if ordering from the US. the EU, etc. since the Perth Mint is in Australia, which has a VAT/GST.

Exports are exempt from VAT in most countries, including Australia:

Exports of goods and services from Australia are generally GST-free. If you're registered for GST, this means: you don't include GST in the price of your exports you can still claim credits for the GST included in the price of purchases you use to make your exported goods and services.

They do this to avoid double-taxing goods and harming their industries' ability to export goods competitively to other markets. It's sort of a multilateral understanding between many countries that we will only charge VAT on imports, and exempt exports. It's possible Australia makes an exception for some export destination countries. For example, the US doesn't have a VAT, but we have something very similar – sales tax collected at the state level – so I don't know why they'd tax exports to the US. (Fortunately, many US states exempt bullion from sales tax, and many online dealers never charge sales tax, regardless of the customer's state of residence, which makes it tax-free all the way through, as it should be for currencies and bullion.)  If someone knows otherwise, please chime in. It's possible the US imposes import tariffs on bullion, but I haven't looked into it.

9 hours ago, Bimetallic said:

Just a quick note on the VAT issue regarding Perth Mint rectangular coins. A few people had talked about this, thinking they'd be hit with VAT if ordering from the US. the EU, etc. since the Perth Mint is in Australia, which has a VAT/GST.

When we talk about taxes it is for when it reaches our home country.  In the UK, anything imported from outside the EU is liable for VAT (+duty if applicable) at the point of entry if valued over £15.

15 hours ago, morezone said:

When we talk about taxes it is for when it reaches our home country.  In the UK, anything imported from outside the EU is liable for VAT (+duty if applicable) at the point of entry if valued over £15.

Ah, I see. I thought bullion was exempt from VAT in Europe, but it looks like that may be true of gold only: http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/02/09/best-place-buy-gold-silver-europe-vat-free/

3 minutes ago, smithy117 said:

Anyone interested in it or just me? 

They look fantastic and im just wondering everyone else’s opinion on them?

A bunch of us bought them during the GS.be group buy. They are nice, and much nicer in the 1 oz gold. @BackyardBullion has them in his video. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 18:40, JohnAnsink said:

Can I order the capsule for silver bar somewhere?

Just for info to anyone desperate to get hold of the exact match capsule for these Perth rectangulars;

Aurinum have them now at a reasonable rate (€6.50 for pack of 10, or 69c singles). The good thing with Aurinum is w/wide shipping is tiered cost rather than a higher flat rate. So purchases up to €24.99 has €6 shipping, up to €49.99 is €8. Best value, if i was doing it, would be if you were in the market to purchase a handful of whichever coins from somewhere anyway -and include the caps in the order. So for example, some coins and capsules up to a value of €199.99 has a shipping rate of €12.

https://aurinum.de/10-x-Capsule-for-1-Oz-Silver-for-Rectangular-Series-327-mm-x-47-mm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived