• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Rectangular Bullion Coin

JohnA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

Gold - 25, 000 Mintage

Silver - 500,000 Mintage

Seems a bit high?

these are targeting far market if it take off then mintage is ultra low , but I think perth mint need to go over to  far east and see how many gold shop are there and premium and whats is the art work like before they release these 25k mintage gold :ph34r: 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Speaking of capsules for the silver, can't find a standard fit that might do, at the moment. 51x29 (ish) being the nearest capsule i could find. With a depth of 2.5mm.

But i was wondering does anyone else think the dimensions of this silver barcoin are a bit odd? Length and width are fine (48x28 ish) but 5.6mm thick, on a 1oz?? If it is right then the body of the bar must be around the usual 2.5mm+, with just the rims being 5.6mm?

As for finding a bar capsule for a 1oz with 5.6 internal dimension. Not a standard at all. I'm wondering is the picture on Auragentum with the silver bar in a capsule just for artistic sake, showing it sitting in the bottom half of a capsule with no top on it. As well as Auragentum, Apmex are also backing up the thickness as being 5.6mm.

Dam you Perth for not capsuling these. If they want to do non standard dimensions, i'd have gladly paid the extra cents per bar to have them come that way. It would have only cost them maybe ten or fifteen cent additional per bar for them to have gotten 500,000 capsules custom made. It's only the same mintage as the kookaburra after all, a proven solid collector bullion piece and capsuled. Yeah i know these bars are just bullion, as someone is bound to say. But they're really NICE bullion with collectibility written all over them, and i would like the option to put them in a capsule myself. I think lots of others might have as well?

I'm hoping that both Auragentum and Apmex have made a mistake with the thickness? Must have...?

18 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

these are targeting far market if it take off then mintage is ultra low , but I think perth mint need to go over to  far east and see how many gold shop are there and premium and whats is the art work like before they release these 25k mintage gold :ph34r: 

Have to agree with the artwork, not amazing although Queenie look good!

Just now, AlphaBeast said:

Have to agree with the artwork, not amazing although Queenie look good!

yea, far east is doing hand make dragon pure gold 9999 , 3D  SOLID gold

these are example below , and cheaper than perth mint per ounce premium , easy to buy as well 

1_ Hong Kong 2015  - 35.jpg

56 minutes ago, swAgger said:

Speaking of capsules for the silver, can't find a standard fit that might do, at the moment. 51x29 (ish) being the nearest capsule i could find. With a depth of 2.5mm.

But i was wondering does anyone else think the dimensions of this silver barcoin are a bit odd? Length and width are fine (48x28 ish) but 5.6mm thick, on a 1oz?? If it is right then the body of the bar must be around the usual 2.5mm+, with just the rims being 5.6mm?

I'm hoping that both Auragentum and Apmex have made a mistake with the thickness? Must have...?

I think so.  A volume calculation using this handy site https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/volume

A Britannia should be about 3.51 cm3 as a reference.   48x28x5.6 is about twice as large at 7.52 cm3.  Could be the rim, but that would make for a very deep relief, not shown in the pictures.  That said, 2.5mm capsule sounds like it might be too shallow?  I reckon they'll have made it to a standard spec though. 

edit: to add the description for the Perth Mint silver bar on auragentum says 47.6x27.6x3mm.  I'd expect they'd use the same blanks for another bullion issue. 

7 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I think so.  A volume calculation using this handy site https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/volume

A Britannia should be about 3.51 cm3 as a reference.   48x28x5.6 is about twice as large at 7.52 cm3.  Could be the rim, but that would make for a very deep relief, not shown in the pictures.  That said, 2.5mm capsule sounds like it might be too shallow?  I reckon they'll have made it to a standard spec though. 

Thanks for doing the proper calcs. I agree the relief doesn't look to be there to allow for 5.6. They must have both been mistaken.

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

yea, far east is doing hand make dragon pure gold 9999 , 3D  SOLID gold

these are example below , and cheaper than perth mint per ounce premium , easy to buy as well 

1_ Hong Kong 2015  - 35.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing and impressive! Is this the only one they have done so far or lots more?

1 minute ago, AlphaBeast said:

Are the sought after? Low mintage? Price rises after a number of years?

it is just everywhere ....... u will see many many many people walk into different shops buy them like buying mcdonalds ...... one day go and have a look

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

it is just everywhere ....... u will see many many many people walk into different shops buy them like buying mcdonalds ...... one day go and have a look

I will, love to go to the Far East again, but this time to see the gold shops! :D

1 minute ago, AlphaBeast said:

I will, love to go to the Far East again, but this time to see the gold shops! :D

u will see more people buying from the south side of china, cos this year they left with billions of dollar , just one city in hong kong already 57 billion usd after all welfare expense and building , so they will decided this year maybe no income tax again or give hand out the cash to every single citizen , last time has 600 pounds each person, macau is doing these three times a year previously 

so I would expect this year more people buying these ( fancy stuff ) 

7 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

I'm just impressed that it's rectangular on one side and round on the other.

Just wanted to show the similarity with the Qing dynasty dragon coin design which I like very much.

Very smart :lol:

Might be too expensive for you guys since you prefer taking the risk of import from the US or buy from dealers that claim they don't charge VAT but here's the link for the silver one:

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/coin-bars/1-oz-dragon-rectangular-silver-coin-2018/

coininvest.png

www.coininvest.com - coininvest GmbH

+44-20-369-50335 / +49-69-348-77570 / sales@coininvest.com

coininvest.com specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins to private individuals as well as institutional investors, financial advisors and resellers. coininvest.com helps their customers to invest in inflation-safe assets, with its offer ranging from 1g to 1000g gold bars topped off with all popular gold and silver coins. coininvest.com offers excellent prices as we purchase directly from mints and producers and act as their official distributor. coininvest.com is your expert for buying, selling, transporting, storing, insuring, sorting and reprocessing precious metals.

23 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

u will see more people buying from the south side of china, cos this year they left with billions of dollar , just one city in hong kong already 57 billion usd after all welfare expense and building , so they will decided this year maybe no income tax again or give hand out the cash to every single citizen , last time has 600 pounds each person, macau is doing these three times a year previously 

so I would expect this year more people buying these ( fancy stuff ) 

That's awesome! Nice payouts for the citizens! 

Can imagine they would buy the 'fancy stuff' especially if it's something they will appreciate more than coins.

5 hours ago, Deputydog said:

Ah...here is our capsule

Also I see Apmex has a capsule slightly bigger for their plain silver bars

Never mind, these are too shallow.

https://www.apmex.com/product/966/air-tite-holder-direct-fit-1-oz-silver-bar

Untitled.jpg

Archived