• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Farce of UK Silver Stackers Facebook Group

OldBoyStacker

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

What were the boxes being posted out last week that kerimar refers to?

Thanks for the explanation btw, its good to hear the other side of the story.

The boxes were being made by an admin currently on the team sadly he had some hiccups which cased it to be delay a long time, CNC machine broke, family issues, etc. It really affected him, if I'm honest I saw it happening him going down and did nothing about it. This I regret very much.

However I've been in contact with him and he is doing the last of the boxes which have been paid for. These are the only things that have been paid for and not delivered, although I don't how it makes the group full of scammer or the current admin. Someone trying steal raffle money and over sell rounds would be a scammer (Previous Admin).

Mistakes have happened, all we ask is have an open mind when looking at this situation and don't use the same brush on us all. each and every admin member has their own voice and opinion. Alot of us were not admin back then, I joined the group just as second round was coming out and was a member for good year before being made admin.

My understanding is the plan is to have the boxes all delivered within the next few weeks, waiting a year and half for boxes is a long time, but has been hiccups. Please we are not trying to hide anything and that the boxes were an extra.

Also like to note I'm being open and honest in every reply and hiding nothing, why would I? its all on our group to see, again we hide nothing

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SilverGodfray said:

The boxes were being made by an admin currently on the team sadly he had some hiccups which cased it to be delay a long time, CNC machine broke, family issues, etc. It really affected him, if I'm honest I saw it happening him going down and did nothing about it. This I regret very much.

However I've been in contact with him and he is doing the last of the boxes which have been paid for. These are the only things that have been paid for and not delivered, although I don't how it makes the group full of scammer or the current admin. Someone trying steal raffle money and over sell rounds would be a scammer (Previous Admin).

Mistakes have happened, all we ask is have an open mind when looking at this situation and don't use the same brush on us all. each and every admin member has their own voice and opinion. Alot of us were not admin back then, I joined the group just as second round was coming out and was a member for good year before being made admin.

My understanding is the plan is to have the boxes all delivered within the next few weeks, waiting a year and half for boxes is a long time, but has been hiccups. Please we are not trying to hide anything and that the boxes were an extra.

Also like to note I'm being open and honest in every reply and hiding nothing, why would I? its all on our group to see, again we hide nothing

So nothing to do with the original rounds.  Thanks for your openness, it certainly makes the whole picture clearer for those of us that are not part of the FB group.

7 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

So nothing to do with the original rounds.  Thanks for your openness, it certainly makes the whole picture clearer for those of us that are not part of the FB group.

That's correct It was an extra offered by a current admin, last time I spoke to him on the phone he was hammering into them and good portion are done.

As I say and it might just sound like an excuse but he had problems pop up, also he single handedly took the bad left from the previous admin and recovered the surplus back, what we would of lost. It's a lot of flack. I'm sure we all have had times its got to much and you had to go offline and if you have problems in home-life also its a downward spiral and can get too much.

He has apologized more then once for the delays, I believe everyone should be given a second chance to make a wrong a right or just make things right for all. Everyone should be given a second chance, inhuman not to.

I will be speaking to him this weekend regarding it all and happily update you all if you wish.

5 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

It would of been better to close the group and start a new one from fresh, sometimes you stand in a turd and you just cant get it off your shoe no matter what you do.

That has crossed my mind to just leave a few times not gonna lie, but where would that leave them members myself included with our incomplete sets. Plus it would follow us the label which is not even ours lol.

Best to face things head on and prove them wrong. Guess the way I'm raised, "see something going wrong or someone who needs help lend a hand", that what my values are. makes the world go round.

Its like I used to love watching the series on Discovery 'Son of Guns', then after several years the main character in the program was accused, charged and sentenced of being a pervert to his own kids and relations, his daughter and boyfriend in the show were also arrested and charged with child battery I think, now the rest of the team who owned shares in the company (Red Jacket Guns) tried to make a go of things and even though the old owners were nothing to do with the company and the new owners had a completly untarnished record, people wouldnt deal with them due to all the bad water under the bridge despite it being no fault of everyone who was left, so they formed a new company and name, and its doing well now.

Just now, SILVERFINGER said:

Its like I used to love watching the series on Discovery 'Son of Guns', then after several years the main character in the program was accused, charged and sentenced of being a pervert to his own kids and relations, his daughter and boyfriend in the show were also arrested and charged with child battery I think, now the rest of the team who owned shares in the company (Red Jacket Guns) tried to make a go of things and even though the old owners were nothing to do with the company and the new owners had a completly untarnished record, people wouldnt deal with them, so they formed a new company and name, and its doing well now.

Maybe this is the route at a later date, first the is to get this series complete for all the loyal members. When that's done i can rest and re-thing my future in the silver community.

I'm a stubborn git me lol never give up, never can just walk away without kicking and fighting, fear nothing or no one. How we are made in Jersey Channel Islands

38 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

What were the boxes being posted out last week that kerimar refers to?

Thanks for the explanation btw, its good to hear the other side of the story.

Hi. One of the group makes wooden boxes. These were pre paid by a lot of people. Some have had them, some have not. The maker has had a few problems but is now back on track and making more now. A lot of us said no rush till the series is finished. Others are not so patient. Everyone is different. This is the main problem a few have. Nothing to do with the rounds, just the boxes

Well this sounds understandable straight away, if I was a new member on here and had ordered something like EG from BackyardBullion, and there was problems with delivery I might possibly get a bit shirty as I dont know or trust him and of his excellent reputation, but having seen what he does, how he does it and the respect and trust from customers past and present over my time on here,  I would have no worries at all now.

1 minute ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Well this sounds understandable straight away, if I was a new member on here and had ordered something like EG from BackyardBullion, and there was problems with delivery I might possibly get a bit shirty as I dont know or trust him and of his excellent reputation, but having seen what he does, how he does it and the respect and trust from customers past and present over my time on here,  I would have no worries at all now.

oh course understandably people will get shirty waiting, however has anyone seen the quality of these boxes? and the time and effort that goes in?

Same goes for Backyard Bullion as you say, its not easy in this game.

1 minute ago, SilverGodfray said:

oh course understandably people will get shirty waiting, however has anyone seen the quality of these boxes? and the time and effort that goes in?

Same goes for Backyard Bullion as you say, its not easy in this game.

Nope, you can upload pictures on here, stick some on in the relevant sections, I would like to see them.

9 minutes ago, SilverGodfray said:

I shall get some pics for you buddy, Your see what I mean

I'm 1 of 10 people who have the Enammelled set. I have the box for those. I will post a pic later as well.Silver G. Beat me to it. Great rounds and great boxes

On 14/08/2018 at 14:55, SilverGodfray said:

I can confirm to everyone right here and now, NO ONE is owed any rounds.

What @OldBoyStacker is referring to with "goods not been delivered" is the original plan was for 4 rounds in the series, to date only the 1st & 2nd round have been completed in 2016. So basically we all (includes current admin, I have 6 sets myself) have half a set there. This is what he's referring to incomplete sets for everyone.

2 years is a long time for no progress and we have been left with this mess to sort for all our members recently, Rome was not built in a day. This is all foreign to us, but  trying our best, I'd like to point out none of us have ever dealt with mints in this sense or logistics of this type. We are willing to try if the silver community as a whole will allow us, set backs like this in the last 3 months makes me think why do I bother.

No money has been taken for the 3rd or 4th round to date.

I'd like to see proof of otherwise with regards to people paying for rounds not ever being delivered.

@DaveNW please note this post is not directed at you, just seemed easier to reply to your question.

Thanks,

Matt

I have been a member of the Facebook Stackers group in question for about a year and during that time have bought a considerable amount of silver from other members with no problems, the utmost courtesy and a genuine desire to help and support. There are some genuine people in the group some of whom have come forward in the last couple of months to deal with a very messy arrangement from a previous Admin. Jay and others are doing a stalwart job in liaising  with the Mints in question, evolving a new strategy to get the rounds produced and being open and honest in their dealings with members. Most people are happy with how things are proceeding.But, obviously not everyone hence the critical comments.

I would like to see the new Admin team given time to produce the goods and rectify the previous misunderstandings and difficulties. They deserve a pat on the back for taking a failing project on and nurturing it in the way they have. Good luck to them.

On 14/08/2018 at 16:34, SILVERFINGER said:

Wow they are really nice, though I dont see all the mythical beasts out there, like the happy women out of the tampon adverts.

Actuallly the designs are quite striking. I do hope that the new admin team can bring off the impossible and get this project properly run and with all participants happy....now that would be quite something....

37 minutes ago, Gorseinonboy said:

Actuallly the designs are quite striking. I do hope that the new admin team can bring off the impossible and get this project properly run and with all participants happy....now that would be quite something....

Challenge Accepted ? It's looking good at the moment, got further in 8 weeks on the rounds then we have in 2 years so all on the up

6 hours ago, MrGinge said:

Can I ask, has the whole admin team now been changed or is it just the one original admin that has been kicked?

and has this transfer been done with the cooperation of the previous admin?

I know nothing about Facebook groups but I would guess the original group page would belong to the original owner and couldn't be transferred without their consent.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

and has this transfer been done with the cooperation of the previous admin?

I know nothing about Facebook groups but I would guess the original group page would belong to the original owner and couldn't be transferred without their consent.

At first I cringed. Now the plot thickens! The disappearance of oldboystacker leaves conspiracy theorists scratching their heads. Is oldboystacker in hiding? Was he kidnapped by the UK bullion mafia or is he just a figment of our imagination? Someone knows the truth, but who? 

Archived