• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Farce of UK Silver Stackers Facebook Group

OldBoyStacker

57 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I used to be on Ukss and enjoyed it but as I’ve said before members were alway unfortunate whether it was collecting money for a dog that had been run over or a relative that had died but always seemed to be something.     I’m not saying it’s a scam or not but from the outside

1.if money has been paid and product not delivered with excuse after excuse 

2. As admitted earlier ‘a previous admin of the group who done a not for profit round at a large profit’

for what it’s worth the designs that I saw were fantastic and I wish the new mods all the best with getting the series finished and will be one of the finest series about. Not sure if the members of ukss know but @BackyardBullion does some fantastic work with this forum in an open way and as far as I know so far without complaint.

i don’t know how much money is involved but good luck to all with sorting out

Hi Buddy,

It is my hope that old members do join back and see we are all working hard to get it back as it should.

As I say mistakes happened but we can't be judged by something someone else did before we were admin and only members.

Getting hold of @BackyardBullion sounds a plan to me for sure

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I would happily make some hand poured silver products for the UKSS group and show you all how I run a project through to delivery ?

Hi there Bud,

We as a group would love to do something with you for sure, with yourself at the helm.

Any help or advice you can offer at this stage of picking up the pieces would be amazing my friend, any help or previous experience would be very much welcomed with open arms.

I am very keen to do something with @BackyardBullion and bring an amazing product to our members, however I think we need to get this mess sorted first.

I hope you won't mind me contacting you in the near future with regards to a group piece.

If you can offer any help or advice please reach out to us, we are just normal people trying to complete a project that went sour, for the sake of the silver groups on Facebook and it's community it must be complete.

5 minutes ago, SilverGodfray said:

Hi there Bud,

We as a group would love to do something with you for sure, with yourself at the helm.

Any help or advice you can offer at this stage of picking up the pieces would be amazing my friend, any help or previous experience would be very much welcomed with open arms.

I am very keen to do something with @BackyardBullion and bring an amazing product to our members, however I think we need to get this mess sorted first.

I hope you won't mind me contacting you in the near future with regards to a group piece.

If you can offer any help or advice please reach out to us, we are just normal people trying to complete a project that went sour, for the sake of the silver groups on Facebook and it's community it must be complete.

I would say sorting out whatever mess is going on over there first is a must, I would not want to get involved until that is sorted one way or another. Also, I am far too busy to contemplate anything in 2018 ?.

Another hurdle is that I have not been on Facebook for the last 8 years as I don't like what it stands for as an organisation...another little hurdle ?

As to advice on your current situation - can't say more than have a lot of transparency and communication all the way. Maybe one other thing, customers who have paid for products and not had them is not good. I would refund everyone who wants a refund and if/when the next rounds are out people can make up their minds if they want to buy them again. It would be a showing of good faith and might go a long ways to rebuilding that trust.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I guess one of the problems is that, especially on Facebook, the structure of the group isn't all that clear. If I read the topic, there are some valid concerns due to delays etc. That would also make me wonder about what's happening to my money. I read here about people being kicked out of the group while having paid, that's a red flag for me.

That being said, I and I guess some others on the forum don't know about the change in admins or at least the whole structure (is it still the old group, or a new leadership: the latter it turns out). That was an explanation you could have given. As other have said now the response has an overly aggressive tone. How I read it: a member which hasn't been active in this topic all of a sudden says "refuses to say who you are". A tone I'm familiar with from people doing wrong stuff (note: just saying how it seems to me, not saying your a scammer now). Like Kman said:

5 hours ago, Kman said:

"How dare you call me a scammer! what's your real name!" doesn't really help clear up anything  

I read your response yesterday straight after him calling the group scammers. In that time span he didn't even have opportunity to give a proper response. And besides that, I won't be saying my name on here as well, security wise. For that I understand someone not giving his name.

I understand your response for being called a scammer, but let's be civil in the discussion (even though the other side might not give any clarification).

Edit: For that I like the way @SilverGodfray is responding, essentially being in the same boat.

20 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I would say sorting out whatever mess is going on over there first is a must, I would not want to get involved until that is sorted one way or another. Also, I am far too busy to contemplate anything in 2018 ?.

Another hurdle is that I have not been on Facebook for the last 8 years as I don't like what it stands for as an organisation...another little hurdle ?

As to advice on your current situation - can't say more than have a lot of transparency and communication all the way. Maybe one other thing, customers who have paid for products and not had them is not good. I would refund everyone who wants a refund and if/when the next rounds are out people can make up their minds if they want to buy them again. It would be a showing of good faith and might go a long ways to rebuilding that trust.

Maybe 2019 Is it for UKSS Backyard Bullion's Art peice.

Thanks for the advice buddy yeah this is it defo but working full, trying have a normal life to can't all happen in minutes, at the moment we don't seem to be given a fighting chance.

As for people not receiving products, not sure where Old Boy Stacker is getting that, everyone who ordered received their rounds. I have not heard any different from people, If I had it would be sorted with haste.

Think the confusion is waiting for the next round to come out, no money has been taking from members to date for the 3rd or 4th round, I think Old Boy Stacker is referring to the previous admin trying doing a runner with some raffle money that was raised.

Can I just say as well I did only Join UKSS when the second round came out and all started kicking off, I was made admin a fair time after.

18 minutes ago, engire said:

I guess one of the problems is that, especially on Facebook, the structure of the group isn't all that clear. If I read the topic, there are some valid concerns due to delays etc. That would also make me wonder about what's happening to my money. I read here about people being kicked out of the group while having paid, that's a red flag for me.

That being said, I and I guess some others on the forum don't know about the change in admins or at least the whole structure (is it still the old group, or a new leadership: the latter it turns out). That was an explanation you could have given. As other have said now the response has an overly aggressive tone. How I read it: a member which hasn't been active in this topic all of a sudden says "refuses to say who you are". A tone I'm familiar with from people doing wrong stuff (note: just saying how it seems to me, not saying your a scammer now). Like Kman said:

I read your response yesterday straight after him calling the group scammers. In that time span he didn't even have opportunity to give a proper response. And besides that, I won't be saying my name on here as well, security wise. For that I understand someone not giving his name.

I understand your response for being called a scammer, but let's be civil in the discussion (even though the other side might not give any clarification).

Edit: For that I like the way @SilverGodfray is responding, essentially being in the same boat.

Your totally right buddy

I can't really blame him though, year ago I'd probs be the same. It's not nice being called that with no explanation, version of events or even proof.

I think your find Old Boy Stacker is a fake made profile as all the activity seems to be against us.

You are 100% correct though we must present our-self's in the right way and proper, otherwise Old Boy Stackers has won and his goal completed.

1 minute ago, Groundup said:

@BackyardBullion reputations takes a lot of hard/smart work as you know

I wouldn't touch UKSS Facebook with a bargepole. One slight mishap and you will be tarred with past admin... (just like new admin has). 

Just my personal thoughts

@GroundupYou might be right about that brush, sadly don't make us feel any better when we are trying our best. Still not been given a fighting chance :(

Defo not fair but after reading this thread I don't blame anyone for having these opinion, Please though pop in our group have a nose see what we are trying to do and what we are about.

I am starting to think the amount of hours I'm putting into the comunity is it worth it? if this how it is when you are working to make a wrong a right for all concerned.

All I ask is for is a fighting and fair chance to change your minds.

All the best to you in your challenge.

I've never done Facebook ever. 

The other half told me   (when Facebook started all those years ago) to stay away.. nowt but trouble this thing is gunna cause. I don't do Twitter ect ect ect. I've followed this group(silver forum) for years before joining. And just recently telegram. I do have trust issues though.lol. 

10 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

How do I know whether it's a genuine concern or not?

If someone were to post on here about a problem they had with a bullion dealer we wouldn't know if that was true or not either.  We wouldn't remove that.

You do lock them though, don't you? 

To be honest, Im a bit shocked that the forum is allowing one account blatantly set up to bash another group.   I have a lot of respect for the people on here but there seems to be a smattering of tribalism here.  Someone posted some bad stuff on our forum about another group let's reinforce it even though we know nothing about it.  The only guy who apparently knows anything about being scammed is a profile specifically set up on this forum and only posts to bash another.  This all leaves a bad taste for me and no one including this forum comes out smelling of roses.  The mods reply of "Nothing to do with me Guv" is rather poor.    

14 minutes ago, Groundup said:

All the best to you in your challenge.

I've never done Facebook ever. 

The other half told me   (when Facebook started all those years ago) to stay away.. nowt but trouble this thing is gunna cause. I don't do Twitter ect ect ect. I've followed this group(silver forum) for years before joining. And just recently telegram. I do have trust issues though.lol. 

Thank you my friend, I do hope maybe I can change all your minds in time.

btw wish I never joined Facebook lol let alone the groups, mess lol

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

To be honest, Im a bit shocked that the forum is allowing one account blatantly set up to bash another group.   I have a lot of respect for the people on here but there seems to be a smattering of tribalism here.  Someone posted some bad stuff on our forum about another group let's reinforce it even though we know nothing about it.  The only guy who apparently knows anything about being scammed is a profile specifically set up on this forum and only posts to bash another.  This all leaves a bad taste for me and no one including this forum comes out smelling of roses.  The mods reply of "Nothing to do with me Guv" is rather poor.    

@ChrisFI'm so glad that someone is seeing its not a genuine profile and not just us. (digging the spawn pic btw)

I think the profile @OldBoyStacker has a lot of explaining to do.

I'd like to know when myself, @Wilson118 or @kerimar have ever scammed anyone, because I don't recall. Details please, we have right to defend ourselfs against your false claims.

15 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

@SilverGodfray your posts here are very calm and measured which is great.  Unfortunately your mod posting here in their particularly aggressive manner is doing your group no favours.  I get that they are p*ssed off at being accused but they will project a better image of your group by not stooping to the lower level.

@Goldhooked you are correct as well buddy, thing is we are picking up the pieces of a tainted project and get flack from the last guy who had it for pure his greed.

You are so right though we must present ourselfs correctly for respect to yourselves on this forum, the project and the investment of the members.

I've spoken to him, I can't blame him to be honest and wouldn't judge his actions. Defo a year ago I'd be the same, time and education as a admin changes you (keep getting told I've gone soft lol)

At this point though him to remove his comments would make it look like we are trying to hide something, Which we are not. Would make some comments on this thread have no sense as well.

14 minutes ago, SilverGodfray said:

@Goldhooked you are correct as well buddy, thing is we are picking up the pieces of a tainted project and get flack from the last guy who had it for pure his greed.

You are so right though we must present ourselfs correctly for respect to yourselfs on this forum, the project and the investment of the members.

I've spoken to him, I can't blame him to be honest and wouldn't judge his actions. Defo a year ago I'd be the same, time and education as a admin changes you (keep getting told I've gone soft lol)

At this point though him to remove his comments would make it look like we are trying to hide something, Which we are not. Would make some comments on this thread have no sense.

I wasn’t suggesting that posts are removed and I completely understand the anger at being wrongly accused but it’s better to rein that anger in and project a positive public image.

I run my own ecommerce business and often find myself loudly cursing at the computer screen whilst typing the politest, most professional reply to the latest a-hole customer who doesn’t know their rear end from their elbow :D

Better to scream/swear/shout in private and be the bigger person in public.

2 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I wasn’t suggesting that posts are removed and I completely understand the anger at being wrongly accused but it’s better to rein that anger in and project a positive public image.

I run my own ecommerce business and often find myself loudly cursing at the computer screen whilst typing the politest, most professional reply to the latest a-hole customer who doesn’t know their rear end from their elbow :D

Better to scream/swear/shout in private and the be bigger person in public.

Sorry buddy misunderstood.

No your totally right for sure bud, Swearing and shouting is not helping anyone or the project. Just lets the fake profile win

My apologies If I offended anyone. I read it all for the first time last night and was incensed at what OBS had written. I'm usually very mild mannered but to read that I had been called a scammer was all too much. I'm calm now ?

16 hours ago, DaveNW said:

Kerimar, care to say what has happened? It's very easy to come out with highly aggressive and suggestive posts. Is OBS wrong in saying that goods have been paid for and they have not been delivered?

I can confirm to everyone right here and now, NO ONE is owed any rounds.

What @OldBoyStacker is referring to with "goods not been delivered" is the original plan was for 4 rounds in the series, to date only the 1st & 2nd round have been completed in 2016. So basically we all (includes current admin, I have 6 sets myself) have half a set there. This is what he's referring to incomplete sets for everyone.

2 years is a long time for no progress and we have been left with this mess to sort for all our members recently, Rome was not built in a day. This is all foreign to us, but  trying our best, I'd like to point out none of us have ever dealt with mints in this sense or logistics of this type. We are willing to try if the silver community as a whole will allow us, set backs like this in the last 3 months makes me think why do I bother.

No money has been taken for the 3rd or 4th round to date.

I'd like to see proof of otherwise with regards to people paying for rounds not ever being delivered.

@DaveNW please note this post is not directed at you, just seemed easier to reply to your question.

Thanks,

Matt

@SilverGodfray - what did kerimar mean in this post yesterday...?

17 hours ago, kerimar said:

In case you missed it, there was a box update last week. People named were told when boxes were arriving. More named people told their boxes posted next week. <snip>

Have people been waiting 2 years for some of the first two rounds to be delivered?  If this is the case, I can see why some people may have been annoyed, even if the current admin were doing their best to sort it out.  Or does it refer to something else (in that case why mention it)?

25 minutes ago, SilverGodfray said:

I can confirm to everyone right here and now, NO ONE is owed any rounds.

What @OldBoyStacker is referring to with "goods not been delivered" is the original plan was for 4 rounds in the series, to date only the 1st & 2nd round have been completed in 2016. So basically we all (includes current admin, I have 6 sets myself) have half a set there. This is what he's referring to incomplete sets for everyone.

2 years is a long time for no progress and we have been left with this mess to sort for all our members recently, Rome was not built in a day. This is all foreign to us, but  trying our best, I'd like to point out none of us have ever dealt with mints in this sense or logistics of this type. We are willing to try if the silver community as a whole will allow us, set backs like this in the last 3 months makes me think why do I bother.

No money has been taken for the 3rd or 4th round to date.

I'd like to see proof of otherwise with regards to people paying for rounds not ever being delivered.

@DaveNW please note this post is not directed at you, just seemed easier to reply to your question.

Thanks,

Matt

That sheds some light on the situation. It's always good to hear both sides of a dispute.

3 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

@SilverGodfray - what did kerimar mean in this post yesterday...?

Have people been waiting 2 years for some of the first two rounds to be delivered?  If this is the case, I can see why some people may have been annoyed, even if the current admin were doing their best to sort it out.  Or does it refer to something else (in that case why mention it)?

In mid 2016 the first round was produced all delivered to buyers, endish of 2016 2nd round produced and all delivered to buyers. (think was 2 cases missing mail which was dealt with at the time).

There was a surplus of money left about (£866ish) that will be used for the 3rd and 4th round (was decided on a group vote). the surplus happened from what I can gather as we were ordering from Germany so taken into account was spot price & exchange rates. The surplus was also recovered and not easily from the previous Admin.

Hope this helps bud, I'm never the best at explaining stuff if I'm honest lol

So no one is waiting on delivery of the 1st or 2nd round which are the only ones produced so far and no has paid any money for a 3rd round yet. No money owed bar the surplus which was agreed by a majority vote to go towards the die on the next round

1 minute ago, SilverGodfray said:

In mid 2016 the first round was produced all delivered to buyers, endish of 2016 2nd round produced and all delivered to buyers. (think was 2 cases missing mail which was dealt with at the time).

There was a surplus of money left about (£866ish) that will be used for the 3rd and 4th round (was decided on a group vote). the surplus happened from what I can gather as we were ordering from Germany so taken into account was spot price & exchange rates. The surplus was also recovered and not easily from the previous Admin.

Hope this helps bud, I'm never the best at explaining stuff if I'm honest lol

So no one is waiting on delivery of the 1st or 2nd round which are the only ones produced so far and no has paid any money for a 3rd round yet. No money owed bar the surplus which was agreed by a majority vote to go towards the die on the next round

What were the boxes being posted out last week that kerimar refers to?

Thanks for the explanation btw, its good to hear the other side of the story.

Archived