• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello everyone (from Edinburgh)

Garret

Hello everyone 

Just joined the forum today and thought I'd say hello 

Fairly new to coin collecting, I first became interest through work being a store manager and when cashing up the tills I would always (and still do) have a good look through the coins for these rare ones you hear about

For my 30th birthday last year I got myself a sovereign but since then have been more in to buying silver and started picking up various coins, Britainnas Maples etc. I love the Queens Beasts range and have been buying the bullions in 2oz. Ive also started the Canadian predators series. I'm thinking since I like the Queens Beasts so much I would get either the 1/4oz gold or 10oz silver to go in the range too but can't decide 

Any opinions or suggestions  would be great, or indeed of any other series that you all like

Cheers

Garret

4 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

Welcome along , i agree with byb. The 10oz beasts are amazing.

Keep an eye on your canadian wildlife for milking, alot of canadian mint stuff milks :(

Oh no, thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out. I've just bought birds of prey (one of each) 

If I go from the 10oz beasts I'll have a bit of catching up to do so that will take up most my budget for the next month or so ? 

1 hour ago, Keenstacker said:

@Garret Hello from Edinburgh! Where abouts are you from and it's great to have you on the forum!

Thanks. I'm near Meadowbank, work in the GrassMarket. You? Do you know any good spots about town for coins? I've been buying online only so far, not been to any stores/fairs 

12 minutes ago, Garret said:

Thanks. I'm near Meadowbank, work in the GrassMarket. You? Do you know any good spots about town for coins? I've been buying online only so far, not been to any stores/fairs 

Hi and welcome. Don't think you'll get much in the way of bullion in the town. There was one shop I recall but they sold old hammered coins etc with a hefty price tag. Chards and Atkinsons seam to be the main UK ones, as you probably know they are down in England. Good online service though.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

19 minutes ago, Garret said:

Oh no, thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out. I've just bought birds of prey (one of each) 

If I go from the 10oz beasts I'll have a bit of catching up to do so that will take up most my budget for the next month or so ? 

See if european mint do them and tag along on the next group order look out for @BackyardBullion's posts.

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hi and welcome. Don't think you'll get much in the way of bullion in the town. There was one shop I recall but they sold old hammered coins etc with a hefty price tag. Chards and Atkinsons seam to be the main UK ones, as you probably know they are down in England. Good online service though.

That's what I imagined. I've not used either of the two mentioned yet but have been on the sites. I've used Yorkshire Billion a few times as well as ebay (a had a haul of Nectar points to use up)  I've also noticed Bleyer? Are they good? 

6 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

The current group order is still open - last weekend this weekend!

Can you direct me a topic that explains how to go about this. Maybe not for this months (unless I find a price I can't resist ?)  but I assume this is something you do quite regularly? 

56 minutes ago, Garret said:

I am away out at the Calders WesterHails, working all over the town as a Doorman. Unfortunately for us, the closest in the way of coin shops is Glasgow. Saying that all the Websites above are as good as you're going to get, in saying that keep an eye on the UK and EU trade section there are some crackin deals to be had.

29 minutes ago, Garret said:

Can you direct me a topic that explains how to go about this. Maybe not for this months (unless I find a price I can't resist ?)  but I assume this is something you do quite regularly? 

This is the latest order and all the information you will need. 

Here is the unboxing video from the last order we arranged. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, Garret said:

That's what I imagined. I've not used either of the two mentioned yet but have been on the sites. I've used Yorkshire Billion a few times as well as ebay (a had a haul of Nectar points to use up)  I've also noticed Bleyer? Are they good? 

Bleyer are a reputable company but not used them personally. 

Also I would avoid buying off ebay unless certain that the sellers and goods are genuine. Like has been said go with the group buy on here , also get a premium membership as there's always plenty of good silver for sale, well most of the time. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Hi, I'm a silver hoarder from Edinburgh (Leith), if you are looking for collectable high value coins then Cavannah antiques on Cockburn street is a good source. Murray Stamp shop in Inverleith is the best shop in Edinburgh for buying gold and silver, the staff are very helpful just ask them if they have what you are looking for and you will be surprised at what they stock. I highly recommend visiting their auctions as well, sometimes you can pick up gold and silver for less than spot... 

On 26/01/2018 at 19:43, Keenstacker said:

I am away out at the Calders WesterHails, working all over the town as a Doorman. Unfortunately for us, the closest in the way of coin shops is Glasgow. Saying that all the Websites above are as good as you're going to get, in saying that keep an eye on the UK and EU trade section there are some crackin deals to be had.

What ones in Glasgow have you been to that are any good? I live in Glasgow, seen there is one next to subway at George sq but never been in to see if its any good.

Archived