• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Done with Silver!

C12

Just went up into the loft to dig out my box of silver coins that were all immaculate and packaged in air tight capsules, including many tubes. 

Ended up flipping the box and the contents smashed onto a wooden floor. Needless to say there were piles of shattered capsules all over the place and a load of scratched and chipped coins. 

Think I'm done with the hassle of it. The next time the gold / silver ratio comes back into line, it's time to get rid and swap most of this out...

:angry:

Ay sh*t happens:D, but there is this thing with silver about storage which does concern me , I don't have a lot but what I do have takes up a lot of room for its value if you know what I mean, and keeping it in good condition is another concern, so I am primarily storing gold which takes up less space may be because I have less of it as my money buys less but storage is not so critical .

dean.m

Cheers guys 

Bit of a storm in a tea cup in the end! After I gathered it all up, turns out only needed to buy a pack of 30 capsules and a replacement cracked tube. The rest is fine. The ones that were scratched are not severe and they're just bullion. :)

The issue was that the tubes were weighing down on one side of the box, so was side heavy. Something to watch out for!

14 minutes ago, C12 said:

Cheers guys 

Bit of a storm in a tea cup in the end! After I gathered it all up, turns out only needed to buy a pack of 30 capsules and a replacement cracked tube. The rest is fine. The ones that were scratched are not severe and they're just bullion. :)

The issue was that the tubes were weighing down on one side of the box, so was side heavy. Something to watch out for!

whew good to hear. Now, not to tell you your business, but you should probably drag yourself away for a moment to go speak gently to any children and pets in the house who are still traumatized by the earlier screams of rage and colourful language from the loft. :)

Sorry about that.

Today I was was thinking I better get a safe deposit box for some of my expensive coins. I just keep them now in a small safe and some lesser value in a locked briefcase.

I am not even sure if my bank still sells space. I heard that banks are eliminating safe boxes. And storage sites charge for 1 month what typical safe deposit boxes cost in 1 year.

7 hours ago, mr-dead said:

I started reading and expected you to say everything was milk spotted and toned despite packing in tubes and capsules not that you just dropped the lot over the floor lol.

lmfao that's what I thought too. my basic silver coins are all milkspotted.

20 hours ago, JohnAnsink said:

am not even sure if my bank still sells space. I heard that banks are eliminating safe boxes. And storage sites charge for 1 month what typical safe deposit boxes cost in 1 year.

my bank Lloyds stopped allowing space in vaults some years back , had to remove my tin box, suppose the top banks will sell you a proper safe deposit box, and just hope it does not get robbed like the in the film hatton garden :D

deano

Archived