• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 Wedge Tailed Eagle due soon - New design!

swAgger

No images yet, of course. Sorry if you clicked expecting to see one :P

I'm very excited to see it, given the description from Perth. As you know, the design changes every two years, and 2018 will see the third Mercanti design. It sounds like a very full design, with a family of eagles. And one in flight again which is good.

The design on the 2018 Australian Wedge-Tailed Eagle (10oz, 1oz) silver bullion coin, consists of a circular border and partially obscuring the border is a representation of a flying eagle and an eagle with its eaglet perched on its nest.

Of real excitement will be a 10oz size. Given it's Mercanti again, i don't think it's premature to expect a great looking coin?

The 2017 was out last january. The proof coming a few weeks before the Bu. Unfortunately not this year. The proof has not shown up in either the Jan or Feb release schedules (if it stays true to form and comes out before the Bu). Here's hoping for March. With April probably seeing the Swan, it's a great few months ahead.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice to see it is confirmed a one-year design this time around. Good decision. No release yet on the 10oz. I don't get 10oz coins that often anymore, but this one i will! Should look great :) I wonder would it be asking too much of the mint to re-visit the previous 2 designs in 10oz as well? Very wishful thinking probably.

1 hour ago, swAgger said:

Nice to see it is confirmed a one-year design this time around. Good decision. No release yet on the 10oz. I don't get 10oz coins that often anymore, but this one i will! Should look great :) I wonder would it be asking too much of the mint to re-visit the previous 2 designs in 10oz as well? Very wishful thinking probably.

So this is the 2nd or 3rd in the series?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

5 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Your boy friend will always tell u this , just in case u like woman :lol:

My boyfriend as in I'm a fudge packer? Hahaha you're a funny little pecker you! If I knew you in person you'd be floating in the hudson for calling me a that! LOL!!!

13 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

My boyfriend as in I'm a fudge packer? Hahaha you're a funny little pecker you! If I knew you in person you'd be floating in the hudson for calling me a that! LOL!!!

:P KO 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 10 months later...

Not convinced just yet about accuracy of some stating mintage limit being 50k again, as with last year. May be right, may not. A lot of confusion around this since last year. Half the dealers saying it was back to being limited, others saying it wasn't as per '15,'16.'17. Guess we'll have confirmed soon once Perth declare the 2018, one way or the other.

34 minutes ago, swAgger said:

Not convinced just yet about accuracy of some stating mintage limit being 50k again, as with last year. May be right, may not. A lot of confusion around this since last year. Half the dealers saying it was back to being limited, others saying it wasn't as per '15,'16.'17. Guess we'll have confirmed soon once Perth declare the 2018, one way or the other.

If its being sold then they'll already know the mintage, its only bullion though, so it could be higher, but giving out bad info such as stated mintages wouldn't be good for future business, so i would think its fairly accurate

Not sure why you would assume accuracy, basing on bad info would hurt business. In theory yes you should be able to hold that confidence. But dealers info can differ, the buyer needs to do own research too. For instance, LPM also state (for the moment) that the 2019 is extra desirable as it's the first issue to have a single year design. That was 2018, they just pasted last years text.

As for if it's being sold they already know the mintage, the 2018 has been available and selling for the last 12 months and i can think of at least 4 big dealers who are still evenly split on the mintage status on their sites. That was why i will wait for Perth to issue the end of year info.

Archived