• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

London coin fair Feb 3rd

Goldmick

14 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Coin fair getting closer now can't wait. So sounds like a few of us might be there need to think of a way that we will know each other anyone got any ideas :ph34r:

wear a pink carnation, tie a forum silver bar to your lapel, wear trump masks. The possibilities are endless:P

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

wear a pink carnation, tie a forum silver bar to your lapel, wear trump masks. The possibilities are endless:P

Why don’t u just say : wear a t shirt and the printing say “ I am a di head “ :D

that concludes everything u just said 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Mmmm. The problem at Coin Fairs is we are all looking down and not straight ahead.
What about painting TSF on the tops of our shoes?

Mmmm. The problem at Coin Fairs is we are all looking down and not straight ahead.

47 minutes ago, SovTracker said:

depends on who u are going with , if u are going with a few ' BS ' guy from forum u probably ends up at the tea area  or hotdog stands ' BS ' all day :lol:

last time a forum member from here  told me, he and the other guy was chatting at sainsburys café for hours and end up with parking ticket because they parked their cars  there more than 5 hours :lol:

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

On 11/01/2018 at 17:08, shawy2510 said:

Whats parking like around there? I will be travelling from Leicester so need somewhere to park close by.

Parking in central London, Saturday, you're 'avin a giraffe. :lol:

As an ex-London dweller i usually advise people to park up at a station on the outskirts, something zone 5-6 and get tube in on a travel card. I dont know norf London well, have a butchers at the tube map and find a station at the norf'n end of Piccadilly, Victoria or Northern line with a car park nearby.  Brent Cross springs to mind, just off A1 with a large Toys'r'us car park, dont know what restrictions will be like though. 

Right I've got about £800 to spend at the fair and think I will buy sovereign.s shall I buy 3 bullion or go for 2 good ones or 1 very nice rare one what do you all think can't make up my mind I would do a vote thing on here not sure how to do it lol

I have never seen a non bullion Sovereign there that is good value. When I have been there I oggle the good Sovereigns dealers have but always get the feeling they are just for show. And surprise the same stock appears show after show.

Be very careful spending at this show as there are very few bargains

20 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have never seen a non bullion Sovereign there that is good value. When I have been there I oggle the good Sovereigns dealers have but always get the feeling they are just for show. And surprise the same stock appears show after show.

Be very careful spending at this show as there are very few bargains

Very true, however I have found some good deals on hammered coins (my main area of interest) before. In my experience it is all about building up a relationship with the dealers.

I know for a fact that at least two dealers who regularly attend up there ticket prices quite significantly for the fair. Why? They know that there will be lots of people, with lots of money, making impulse buys in the heat of the moment.

I would recommend to any first time attendees that if you are going with the intention of spending money, make a shopping list before hand. Doesn't have to be a list of actual items a dealer(s) has for sale but rather a list containing coins you are looking for and the max price you would be willing to pay. If it's not on the list or above what you would be happy paying, walk away!

On 21/01/2018 at 18:02, sovereignsteve said:

You could all meet and call yourselves the SILVER SWINGERS ??????????????

Wish I had the cash to go but there's always next year ???

39 minutes ago, SilverRomantiX said:

You could all meet and call yourselves the SILVER SWINGERS ??????????????

Wish I had the cash to go but there's always next year ???

If silver is a reference to age, I must own up, but I am not going to comment on the "swingers" bit!:P

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Looking forward to going to this fair. It's been hard not buying any coins for 5 weeks lol will work out what to put on so if anyone from here goes I can say hi be nice to meet the famous numistacker lol he does so much for this forum and his hard work sending coins to ngc for us all. Only can think that will have my phone on me. Might do a bit of filming there I'm going to have a good look at the sovereign.s before I buy any I loved numistacker.s you tube video he has just done with all them lovely sovereign.s 

Both me and numistacker are going to this fair I’ll be wearing a nasa tshirt so if you see me come say hi [emoji112] 
I shall be going again to this one - it will be nice to meet up with you again and hopefully meet@Numistacker.

I haven't got a clue what I will be wearing yet but I will have my "Wants list" with my prices on them. I always take a list and try to buy at or under my price unless its an exceptional coin. I've walked away from far more coins than I've ever bought.

As to what I would buy for £800 Sovereign wise? I would probably look for 2 graded King George V Sovereigns graded MS63 or even MS64. You should come away with £100 change if you find the right ones!

Good luck to all on the Forum at the show whatever your poison!

12 hours ago, SovTracker said:

I shall be going again to this one - it will be nice to meet up with you again and hopefully meet@Numistacker.

I haven't got a clue what I will be wearing yet but I will have my "Wants list" with my prices on them. I always take a list and try to buy at or under my price unless its an exceptional coin. I've walked away from far more coins than I've ever bought.

As to what I would buy for £800 Sovereign wise? I would probably look for 2 graded King George V Sovereigns graded MS63 or even MS64. You should come away with £100 change if you find the right ones!

Good luck to all on the Forum at the show whatever your poison!

I look forward to seeing you buddy 

Archived