• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Niue silver 1oz Roaring Lion

MickB

It’s a nice coin , but , Its Niue and 50k mintage 

if that’s royal mint / Perth mint / American mint / Canadian mint , etc 

Then 50 k will be sold out even if they are bad qualities 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

3 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

As a matter of interest, does anyone actually know exactly where NIue is without checking?

It's out in the Pacific somewhere.

It’s a nice coin , but , Its Niue and 50k mintage 
if that’s royal mint / Perth mint / American mint / Canadian mint , etc 
Then 50 k will be sold out even if they are bad qualities 

New Zealand mint.

Not a fan of it either. Also very puzzled about what the thinking is behind this choice of topic and design for a bullion coin series. Just find it too.... odd. Is it simply a case of the CEO saying lions are in, buyers like lions, find me a lion, a symbolic one, and roaring. If not, then what?

A NZmint commission by a US bullion dealer.

I was going to bulk up on them as I suspected that there may have been an error in the design. There is Hebrew letters on the coin את and an inscription on the coin “And the Truth Shall Set You Free”. The Alef Tav doesn’t make sense to a Hebrew speaker, in Hebrew this is the female form of “you”. Though if you added a mem to make the word to make אמת, then it would make sense (the word Emet means truth in Hebrew).

When I searched for symbolism of alef tav there came up with a reference to as the coin suggested. The reference was from a Christian website which within the contents makes sense.

So I may still pick up a few tubes when spot drops below $16.50 or lower but not going to rush out and buy.

• 1 year later...

I have 4 of the 2018 Lions and all 4 are Pre-Ordered and all 4 are Mint Errors. I don't know if that holds any value as Sunshine mint produced these for NIUE and they were not minted at the NZD Mint. I like the coins (2 coins in the set, 1/2 the Bible verse micro engraved on both coins for the full verse) and I have at least 4 of the 2019s and 2018s, this leaves my 2018 sets all including one mint error coin. The error is the Queen's face, it has a huge gouge in her cheek, it is identical on all the coins and doesn't change size or place of the error.

Archived