• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:46, Martlet said:

I see from a picture the Star Wars Stormtroopers not in caps, is that how they come?  The Vader last year did. 

My Storms and Vaders came in baggies. Steamboat Willies too actually. Only the oriental Brits were in caps, which I presume is how they came from the Mint (?)

24 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Both great vids but when they three britannias were cranked together ?? i couldnt :’( 

After Mrs BYB took so much care to package them so they didn't clink...you go and do that!

Great video @PansPurse I will put you down for your promotional 1/2 oz of silver. It might be a few weeks before it is ready to come to you - please bear with us and be patient! But job well done!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Great videos one and all, lovely to see, great jobs done! :)

Would love to know in future which coins come in caps and which don't in advance, so perhaps European Mint could be a bit clearer there (?).

Anyway, super job Mr & Mrs BYB and for the vids so far - great stuff :D

8 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Great videos one and all, lovely to see, great jobs done! :)

Would love to know in future which coins come in caps and which don't in advance, so perhaps European Mint could be a bit clearer there (?).

Anyway, super job Mr & Mrs BYB and for the vids so far - great stuff :D

It will be one of many questions I am sure that we can put to the EU mint. 

I have just opened up a new group order for Feb/March with GS.be

I plan to go back and use the EU mint again in the future though - what I suggested to the manager is we schedule a skype call between me and him to go through feedback from this order, questions (like this one) from members of the forum and putting together a comprehensive list of bullion coins that can have a guaranteed price matching/beating offer compared to GS.be

I will put out a separate thread about this in due course to get peoples feedback. 

3 hours ago, JCRJM said:

Both great vids but when they three britannias were cranked together ?? i couldnt :’( 

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

After Mrs BYB took so much care to package them so they didn't clink...you go and do that!

I was genuinely impressed by the care and attention that had gone into the packing. I guess I enjoy a certain tactility from my coins that may not be universal :unsure:

First attempt at a Youtube video, don't have a fishing rod, but the toothpaste and seasonal root vegetables worked just fine, made a very sexy video, and by sexy I mean I ripped into the parcel like a six year old at Christmas, and it was all over in 48 seconds. I thought about padding it out by making an intro playing the Estonian national anthem along with the forum logo but decided that was cheating really.

Camera.jpg

34 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

First attempt at a Youtube video, don't have a fishing rod, but the toothpaste and seasonal root vegetables worked just fine, made a very sexy video, and by sexy I mean I ripped into the parcel like a six year old at Christmas, and it was all over in 48 seconds. I thought about padding it out by making an intro playing the Estonian national anthem along with the forum logo but decided that was cheating really.

Camera.jpg

An absolutely superb effort sir, and a fine selection of seasonal vegetables, perfectly poised! I see you have indeed cheated a little by using a single boxed tube of toothpaste but I will of course leave that to @BackyardBullion to adjudicate.

The Estonian national anthem would have been a masterstroke, there is hope for me yet as you hesitated to your own detriment there I think! :)

4 minutes ago, kimchi said:

An absolutely superb effort sir, and a fine selection of seasonal vegetables, perfectly poised! I see you have indeed cheated a little by using a single boxed tube of toothpaste but I will of course leave that to @BackyardBullion to adjudicate.

The Estonian national anthem would have been a masterstroke, there is hope for me yet as you hesitated to your own detriment there I think! :)

@kimchi you have a lot to beat with your makeshift tripod!

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

@kimchi you have a lot to beat with your makeshift tripod!

I am comfortably there already, the metal detector and adjustable root vegetable counterweight for smooth manual zoom control are working splendidly :) I think though I've started to detect a bit of serious competition here, so had better get up to speed on some national anthems to augment my masterwork. Also I am still hoping for a grant from the council to help deal with the partition wall issue.

I don't want to give too much away or perhaps jump the gun, but I feel if I can work out how to incorporate a live animal to operate the controls (with treats sent through to various pressure pads) I am home and dry I think :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I don't want to give too much away or perhaps jump the gun, but I feel if I can work out how to incorporate a live animal to operate the controls (with treats sent through to various pressure pads) I am home and dry I think :ph34r:

Brilliant !

18 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

No-one said we were allowed the use of assistants...

And no-one said we weren't!

I may soon write to The Lovely Debbie McGee regarding the next unboxing. She owes me a favour, likes being 'caught' on film, and it is after all the year of the dog (:unsure:).

Archived