• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1917 C sov

gazer

eyes-apple 805 on eBay is selling a 1917 sov Canada Mint I like the look of but unsure to bid, the Neck below the hairline looks off to myself if anyone as time to have a check of the coin would be much appreciated. Im after this type of sov for my collection and would like to send for grading and don' want to buy if not gradable. Cheers Gaza.

There's 3 days left on the auction, why not ask for another image? That seller does have a lot of stuff on auction, I was looking at one yesterday. Always seems to list at EF or UNC. I guess it's gradable, but I imagine you mean, will it get a good grade? What do you think about the gouge between George's lug and the F? Bad enough for details, I don't know.

In Marsh as rare as per his description, not withstanding the little error referring to 1918.

I'd have a bid at the price is at now, but not sure how high. Caveat emptor I guess, sorry not to be much help, I'm a beginner at collecting coins, but a tight Yorkshireman, so I'm always a bit wary.

Good luck, hope some of the collecting Jedis can help you.

1 hour ago, gazer said:

eyes-apple 805 on eBay is selling a 1917 sov Canada Mint I like the look of but unsure to bid, the Neck below the hairline looks off to myself if anyone as time to have a check of the coin would be much appreciated. Im after this type of sov for my collection and would like to send for grading and don' want to buy if not gradable. Cheers Gaza.

There's a bit of wear on his head/temple and the horse/rider also had flats.

Would go MS59 or 61 IMO except for the gouge on the truncation which looks like someone has tried to scratch off the designer initials BM

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Where is Sovereinsteve when you need him, pm him,he'll help you out I'm sure...........For me I wouldnt pay anymore than cheapest bullion price I could find for it . Current £258 is too high in my opinion......As above the neck at the base appears to have some serious damage,like gouging and I feel exactly the same about his ear hole left of,seems like someones had a go at it with a chisel.....certainly isnt EF imo.

Same thing with the £314 current bid one a little lower down the page described as a "Gem".....definitely not my idea of a Gem,pretty awful condition in my book both sides, but Steve is your man.

Personally I dont understand Marshes R rating on this coin either,I know the mintage is only 58k but there always seems to be plenty of em about and at far better value than these.

AH Steve beat me too it,as usual:(

1 hour ago, Sovsaver said:

There's 3 days left on the auction, why not ask for another image? That seller does have a lot of stuff on auction, I was looking at one yesterday. Always seems to list at EF or UNC. I guess it's gradable, but I imagine you mean, will it get a good grade? What do you think about the gouge between George's lug and the F? Bad enough for details, I don't know.

In Marsh as rare as per his description, not withstanding the little error referring to 1918.

I'd have a bid at the price is at now, but not sure how high. Caveat emptor I guess, sorry not to be much help, I'm a beginner at collecting coins, but a tight Yorkshireman, so I'm always a bit wary.

Good luck, hope some of the collecting Jedis can help you.

Thank you sovsaver your right I did mean a good grade at least MS63. I will have a look at his others.

15 minutes ago, Ravinella said:

Where is Sovereinsteve when you need him, pm him,he'll help you out I'm sure...........For me I wouldnt pay anymore than cheapest bullion price I could find for it . Current £258 is too high in my opinion......As above the neck at the base appears to have some serious damage,like gouging and I feel exactly the same about his ear hole left of,seems like someones had a go at it with a chisel.....certainly isnt EF imo.

Same thing with the £314 current bid one a little lower down the page described as a "Gem".....definitely not my idea of a Gem,pretty awful condition in my book both sides, but Steve is your man.

Personally I dont understand Marshes R rating on this coin either,I know the mintage is only 58k but there always seems to be plenty of em about and at far better value than these.

AH Steve beat me too it,as usual:(

Im learning the more i listen to people like yourself the better at grading im getting. Keep the good information going for all like myself who need it to buy good condition coins. Thank you. gazer.

31 minutes ago, Ravinella said:

You spend too much time on here Steve touch sad;).....HNY matey

Perhaps used to be the case mate but I don't these days. Plenty of other things to occupy my mind.

Actually just logged on for a few minutes and saw the OP, you know me, can't resist looking at sovereigns.;)

HNY all the best.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived