• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Backyard Bullion in 2018 - What to expect from your friendly neighbourhood silver pourer!

BackyardBullion

2018 is almost here and I am already planning big things for the coming year!

Here are a few of the plans I have for 2018.

Leaf Ripple Series

This is where BYB started. I stamped a leaf on the rippled side of a pour (to imitate the leaf creating ripples on the molten silver). I pour what I like and what people want. I try new moulds and weights and just pour what takes my fancy, call it dealers choice! The 2017 edition finished with 250 as the final mintage. In 2018 I will be starting the mintage from "001" again. The key part of this series is that every single piece that is made is videoed so that you can see it being poured. They will all be hallmarked and be branded with my "BYB" logo as well. I don't think we will get to 250 as a mintage again as this was stretched over 18 months since I started this adventure. But I estimate that we will get to 200. 

If you have got an existing piece in the "2017" edition and you would like to reserve your number again then just get in touch and let me know - if you would like the same shape or a different piece making this is totally possible as well!

"BYB" Branded Investment Bars

I plan on creating a limited mintage of both 1oz and 100g "BYB" branded investment bars for 2018. I am not sure of the mintage at this stage but they will probably be between 30 - 50 "1oz" bars and about 25 "100g" bars. 

1oz & 100g Silver Forum Bars

We will be creating 1oz and 100g Silver forum bars again in 2018. People who have a 2017 version of a bar will have first refusal of their existing serial numbers. More information on this will come out over the course of 2018. I am planning on having the 1 oz bars to be all done and released by the end of May 2018 and the 100g Bars to be released by the end of September 2018. 

250g Silver Forum Bars

Yes that is right - you heard it here first! We will be introducing a new weight of silver forum bars, 250g. We have not worked out the particulars at this stage but more information will follow in 2018. If you are interested in this size of bar please let me know. Due to the size of these bars they will likely be minted to order only and over the course of 2018.

Brand new and exciting and original hand poured silver special releases

Mrs BYB and I have been brainstorming lots over the last few months and have some really exciting ideas for some original designs. We don't want to ruin any surprises but we are quite excited about some of the ideas we have. Hopefully 2018 will see some of these come to life and prove exciting to all of you!

Custom made hand poured silver pieces

I will of course continue to make new pieces to request for really any occasion. If you want a special something for just you or a wedding, christening, anniversary or "whatever you like" present then just get in touch!

Pouring Gold

Yes that is right - GOLD - I want to give it a go, so watch this space!

Getting the BYB Brand bigger and better!

This last goal is to start expanding the BYB Brand to dealers. I am already talking with a few bullion dealers in Europe about some BYB bars that might end up on the global stage. Who knows - but it is one of my goals to get my products listed on some of the biggest dealers in Europe and North America. Along similar lines we are looking to expand to local trade. Small jewellery and nick nack shops in the UK primarily. If you know of any shops that might be interested in some hand made craft work then please point them my way!

So as you can tell 2018 will be a very busy year!

Please feel free to comment here with your thoughts and feedback!

All that is left to say is have a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! and I wish you all a very prosperous 2018!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 hours ago, PansPurse said:

Exciting stuff, definitely have a couple of ideas for custom work to bounce off you :)

I look forward to rebounding said ideas! ?

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

Super stuff! Cheers BYB it's been a pleasure of a year! :)

Thanks my friend!

51 minutes ago, Jordie said:

250? :othat makes me smile, alot! :D

As always keep up the great work mate and HNY Mr & Mrs

Glad to hear it!

37 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

Very cool! Happy New Year!

Same to you!

37 minutes ago, AgD said:

All sounds very exciting @BackyardBullion you can definitely put me down for the 1oz and 100g 2018 silver forum bars (same numbers) And can't wait to see what your other plans are as well keep up the good work 

Thanks for the heads up AgD - appreciate it!

Archived