• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Zip lock bags for slabbed Coins

Skelator88

I’m sure this has been talked about before however since so many topics I’ve read have a big difference of opinion I thought I would start another debate. 

Im relatively new to slabbed Coins, however I’m quite experienced with collecting silver gold in general.

One of the main concerns for me is making sure my coins still remain aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Since I’m a toffee nose and like my graded coins to be PF70 when possible I don’t want the coin nor the slab itself to become scratched toned etc

i have been using the small zip bags that are very convenient and fit the 1oz slab perfect. I then put into a slightly larger bag and slot it into my pelican cases which are stored in external storage places that generally are cold.

ive attaches some photos of how I store mine and also the slab coin

my question for debate is wrapping the slabbed Coins in this zip bags and also wrapping the coin capsules in bags a good idea ? The coins that are not slabbed I put the capsule into a zip bag put it back into the royal mint box close it up and put into a larger zip bag ? 

Ps only just started using bags as some of the slabbed coins come in them

Thanks 

C589A77C-67A0-4EB5-B172-40CFAABF1FAD.jpeg

91A72E88-15A6-418D-8D74-87E5C57E0F13.jpeg

94659176-3FFE-470C-B012-E95F724F3B04.jpeg

On 31/12/2017 at 13:05, 60015 said:

I'd have thought those bags could potentially cause condensation problems if they are subject to changing temperatures.

I’ve heard that also but then I’ve heard they wouldn’t hence the post ?

I do the same with my slabs. I also put Silica Gel packets in my premium box along with anti-tarnish strips. I even put my capsule coins in smaller bags I found from local store to keep my capsules from being all scratched up! 

So the way I’m doing it seems ok just need to throw some silica packs inside my boxes ? 

it it would be great to get some feedback on some of the other members too. My coins are generally stored in cold place so not much heat however I can’t be sure of that..

1 hour ago, Skelator88 said:

So the way I’m doing it seems ok just need to throw some silica packs inside my boxes ? 

it it would be great to get some feedback on some of the other members too. My coins are generally stored in cold place so not much heat however I can’t be sure of that..

Does heat or cold actually cause damage? I'd have thought fluctuating temperatures are more of a problem.

Archived