• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What were the best profit buys of 2017?

Kman

I did this for 2016 (I will put a link at the bottom of the post), thought it's a interesting thing to keep going

What were the best profit PM buys of 2017? I will be heavily relying on you guys to help me with this thread, so thanks in advance; I know there are some Rwanda coins doing well but I don't know a lot about them.

Please put the coin/medals name, issue price, and current average sale price on Ebay based on the last few sales

1. 2017 BU SOTD plain Edge Sovereign - issue: £525 Ebay - £750 ish
  2. **Error coin** (misaligned colour) Tom Kitten 2017 UK 50p Silver Proof Coin - Issue: £60 Ebay: £1000?!

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Got my 2017 BU sotd plain edge sov for £430 so that is interesting to see........anybody know what price Spink have put on it in their 2018 catalogue..wouldn't have thought it would be £750

more like £5-£550,thanks in advance if anyone can tell me.Just a personal thing but I'm really keen on this coin with such a low mintage and uniqueness of plain rim,bit like marmite,love it or hate it, .....think it might be a modern one that I might get graded........probably work out I'm totally wrong,usually am.

11 minutes ago, Ravinella said:

Got my 2017 BU sotd plain edge sov for £430 so that is interesting to see........anybody know what price Spink have put on it in their 2018 catalogue..wouldn't have thought it would be £750

Last few sold on Ebay (not graded & not best offer) were £795, £1,095, £749, £850, £825

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

23 hours ago, Goldmick said:

Not sure how much there selling for but the 2017 India mint red certicard sovereign was a very good buy when they first came on sale big thanks to @numistacker for that one 

They're still in stock at just over £271 for one, I agree though a lovely little pick up at the initial price :)

<edit> The company do deliver the goods (or refund you) but they were very unprofessional in a number of ways about these which can all be seen on the thread, and personally I won't ever use them again, and I'm not the only one on here.

<edit 2> I don't think they've done that well myself - I see at that price the company has discounted them by a tenner and yet they've still got stock.

• 7 months later...

Archived