• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello would someone help me please?

PercyCateriano

Hello my name is Percy Cateriano, I'm 23 years old and live un Peru (South America). I started collecting coins about 3 and a half years ago and really enjoy doing it. My collection is still pretty small, just about 13 silver coins. I have both a 10 yuan silver Panda (2012) and a  2016 MS-69 Britannia from NGC. I Also have a domestic collection of very beautiful (i think haha) proof silver coins minted from the Peruvian Central Bank as a part of the Iberoamerican Series (1991 - Present) but unfortunately here there are no graduating companies so if someone could help me and give me some advice about how to submit my coins to NGC (I don't wanna become a member of NGC because I have so few coins and I've never done a submition before). Thanks for your help.

I'll post some photos of my small collection.

Good to see younger collectors getting into the hobby!  NGC is not cheap unfortunately, so not sure its worth it financially for most modern silver, but if you really want to submit some coins check out the website:

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit-coins/how-to-submit.aspx

You do need to be a member and pay dues.  Or, perhaps @Numistacker can help you out, as he kindly does the submissions for members of this forum.

Thank you so much for your answer. Yeah that's exactly my problem I don't want to be a member just send 6 coins in the modern tier of NGC. If @Numistacker would be so kind to help me i would be really gratefull and if would meant the world to me. As I told you I live in Peru and may be a little concern about the treatment that my coins will get. Once more thanks forma helping me and if someone know how to upload more photos let me know as I want to share them with you, some even may be interesting for you because they're from Peru and the mintage here Is very limited as there are no many collectors.

30 minutes ago, shortstack said:

Nice coin 

id love to visit Peru it looks an amazing country

and the best football kit on the planet

welcome to the silver forum 

Thank you. Yes is an amazing country specially because of the variety of Cultures that have converged since the Spanish colony to nowadays. 

Sorry for been so insistent but is that possible for me to send some of my coins for grading even if I'm not an NCG suscriber?

Not sure if it would be viable: if you post to Numistacker you have to pay postage from Peru-UK, UK-US, UK-Peru plus $20 grading fees for each coin...

maybe there is someone local in Lima who does submissions to PCGS or NGC. 

Yeah it wouldn't be cost efficient it's sad because I've check locally and really nobody does it. Guess here is much more difficult to be a collector, nevertheless i love doing this and maybe a solution would be to buy protective slabs from AliExpress (I guess the are branded PCCS or sometime like that). Would any of you recommend that option as good?

Thanks again for your kind answers is really awesome to find people you love this hobby as much as I do.

Submitting directly to NGC is very easy. However customs in Peru might be an issue. If it is anything like Brazil, your coins might get stolen and they won't be insured by NGC.

Also be careful where you buy the protective slab. A cheap one from AliExpress might damage the coin. Maybe you can find something better at a local coin shop.

3 hours ago, GetToDaChoppa said:

Submitting directly to NGC is very easy. However customs in Peru might be an issue. If it is anything like Brazil, your coins might get stolen and they won't be insured by NGC.

Also be careful where you buy the protective slab. A cheap one from AliExpress might damage the coin. Maybe you can find something better at a local coin shop.

Reading his posts, I get the feeling that he has no LCS support. Maybe all he has is a guy selling coins at a small shop, but that's what I'm reading here. He has exhausted all the options and now he's ready to send his prized coins into the unknown. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and I hope your coins make it.

45 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

Reading his posts, I get the feeling that he has no LCS support. Maybe all he has is a guy selling coins at a small shop, but that's what I'm reading here. He has exhausted all the options and now he's ready to send his prized coins into the unknown. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and I hope your coins make it.

Haha Is not like that i mean here there are local numismatic stores, but the don't submit coins to NGC at all. I guess i'll just keep then on it's holders until I get the chance to grade them sometime in the future. Thanks a lot

Archived