• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver mistakes - yours or others

21 minutes ago, craig12 said:

buying too many different products to get to my 140 oz

Actually that is a better strategy than sticking it all into a few bars mate. The spread in the variety can make you better returns over time especially if you have picked up anything interesting, collectible or cheap. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, craig12 said:

buying too many different products to get to my 140 oz , I must have bought over 20 different products , when I open my storage box I sort of get a bit down that I didn't get organised in my sort of way , my heart said buy 14 x 10 oz bars  but we got sidewards and ended up with 1 oz this and that and before you know it you've got a mish mash of too many products    at the minute I think ive got about 40 different products when 14 would have done 

ps sorry 1 product would have done  14 x 1 x 10 oz bar 

That is me right now. I love it, but I’m all over the place. I don’t know when I’ll get organized if ever.

• 1 month later...

Bought ten 2 oz. QB Lions, then ten Griffins, followed by ten Dragons and ten Unicorns. I am now hooked and will have to pay for the whole collection. I lie to myself saying that when I am older I can sell them as ten collections, but unless the proverbial bovine excrement hits the fan, I will most likely die owning them all.

20 minutes ago, Vacendak said:

Bought ten 2 oz. QB Lions, then ten Griffins, followed by ten Dragons and ten Unicorns. I am now hooked and will have to pay for the whole collection. I lie to myself saying that when I am older I can sell them as ten collections, but unless the proverbial bovine excrement hits the fan, I will most likely die owning them all.

I wouldn't call that a mistake by any stretch of the imagination.  Quite the opposite, really.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:12, blackadder said:

I amazed myself,I stuck to one thing until i got x amount or a set etc etc.

That’s what I’m realizing. I’ve been into the large older silver coins lately. The ones that are 80, 70% silver mainly and some 90%. But I just love them and I think I’m going to keep collecting them and some junk silver. 

My biggest fail was bidding almost spot price for a 1kg 999Ag coin from Chine (sold via Germany). Found out it is fake just before paying so the seller opened a 'Didn't Pay' case on me. Don't know what will happen but I'm not going to pay for sure :D

7 minutes ago, Big23 said:

My biggest fail was bidding almost spot price for a 1kg 999Ag coin from Chine (sold via Germany). Found out it is fake just before paying so the seller opened a 'Didn't Pay' case on me. Don't know what will happen but I'm not going to pay for sure :D

That was lucky ! Good job you found out before you paid.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:12, blackadder said:

I amazed myself,I stuck to one thing until i got x amount or a set etc etc.

That’s what I’m realizing. I’ve been into the large older silver coins lately. The ones that are 80, 70% silver mainly and some 90%. But I just love them and I think I’m going to keep collecting them and some junk silver. 

31 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

That was lucky !

Yeah, I realized that platform is cr@p.

I reported the seller and the product, wrote an extra E-Mail, no response at all... The feedback was ~99% positive although he's been doing this for months or even years :-/

57 minutes ago, Big23 said:

How did you find out? It every PM purchaser’s nightmare. Glad you found out before handing over you’re hard earned

3 hours ago, Vacendak said:

That's the spirit! :D

Several years ago I thought I had won real bargain buying a kilo Kookaburra from eBay at about one third of the going rate ( circa £800 at the time ).
Everything described the genuine article including a picture of the kilo coin.

What arrived was a tiny 5 gram replica version, very thin with a smooth rim.

When I contacted the seller she didn't have a clue about coins and had just added a downloaded photo with her description taking the details from her trinket.
Fortunately there was no issue obtaining a refund - the photo showed a reeded edge and what was supplied in miniature had a smooth edge !!
I also had a genuine kilo Kook for comparison - I should have kept the photo of the 2 side by side.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

My biggest mistake? Starting sacking silver in the first place ! :( 

I think most of us feel the same :lol:

If i dont buy silver the price goes to the moon but as soon as I buy it goes down dramatically :mellow:

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think most of us feel the same :lol:

If i dont buy silver the price goes to the moon but as soon as I buy it goes down dramatically :mellow:

This always happens!

People placed a group order over the weekend of 2000 Euro - silver prices have dropped 15p/oz since the weekend!

Such is life!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

This always happens!

People placed a group order over the weekend of 2000 Euro - silver prices have dropped 15p/oz since the weekend!

Such is life!

I bought in January 2017 , its 1.5pounds/oz for me not really a big loss and I bought kookaburras,2 rolls plus some generics.

Luckily I spent twice or more on older coins.

I`m afraid the silver price will most likely hit 8-9 pounds.oz in max 2 years due to the pound recovery (slight recover), a drop in demand and increasing selling.Full break on stacking silver for me but I really want to hold a decent silver bar in my hands.

i started buying silver coins 6 months ago my target 100 oz  at present i have 115 oz spread over 20 different coins i enjoy all the different coins and would find it boring with just a few types dont intend selling for at least 5 years and will continue to buy coins that i like the look of but not in the same quantity as my new target is 100oz in quality silver bars so am i a stacker or collector or an inbetweenie

40 minutes ago, dutchman said:

i started buying silver coins 6 months ago my target 100 oz  at present i have 115 oz spread over 20 different coins i enjoy all the different coins and would find it boring with just a few types dont intend selling for at least 5 years and will continue to buy coins that i like the look of but not in the same quantity as my new target is 100oz in quality silver bars so am i a stacker or collector or an inbetweenie

Damn I wish my regrets were as productive as yours :lol:

Archived