• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Some Upcoming Royal Mint Releases

Kman

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2905776

FIVE POUND GOLD & 5 Pound SILVER PIEDFORT COIN

for the reverse a depiction of St George slaying a dragon accompanied by the date “2018”. The coin shall have a grained edge.

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2905773

Aircraft, Ships and Frankenstein

reverse a depiction of a Vulcan bomber with the inscription “RAF 1918-2018 VULCAN

the reverse a depiction of a Spitfire with the inscription “RAF 1918-2018 SPITFIRE”

the reverse a depiction of a Sea King helicopter with the inscription “RAF 1918-2018 SEA KING”

the reverse a depiction of a Lightning II jet fighter with the inscription “RAF 1918-2018 LIGHTNING II”

The reverse the inscription “FRANKENSTEIN” accompanied with “BICENTENARY OF MARY SHELLEY’S” and “1818 · THE MODERN PROMETHEUS · 2018”.

the reverse the hull of the ship Endeavour over a map of Plymouth Sound, Captain Cook’s signature and “250”, accompanied with the inscription “CAPTAIN JAMES COOK 1768 – 2018”

the reverse the sails of the ship Endeavour below a sun with the Venus symbol and “250”, accompanied with the inscription “CAPTAIN JAMES COOK 1769 – 2019”

The reverse a depiction of the bow of the ship Endeavour and a canoe over a map showing Captain James Cook’s voyage round the south coast of Australia and New Zealand and “250”

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I was more interested in the ST George & the Dragon £5 gold and £5 silver piedfort coin :ph34r:

I wonder if it's going to be an alternative G&D design to mark an occasion? 

Imagine if they do the 2017 design again with the garter... fuc*ers :D lol

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I had a very quick look, am i correct in thinking the RM are also releasing the same coins in Cupro-Nickel? if so we will have much fun on Ebay as the usual suspects try to sell the Cupro Nickel coins/medals as Silver!  

IF so My Advice anyone buying a Silver one of the said coins on the secondary markets must make the seller prove its a silver coin and not a Cupro-Nickel! 

That said I will look at the coins before I decide if i want one.    

24 minutes ago, Pipers said:

I had a very quick look, am i correct in thinking the RM are also releasing the same coins in Cupro-Nickel? if so we will have much fun on Ebay as the usual suspects try to sell the Cupro Nickel coins/medals as Silver!  

IF so My Advice anyone buying a Silver one of the said coins on the secondary markets must make the seller prove its a silver coin and not a Cupro-Nickel! 

That said I will look at the coins before I decide if i want one.    

The cupro-nickel is this design "a depiction of the façade of Burlington House “· A PLACE TO MAKE, EXHIBIT AND DEBATE ART · ROYAL ACADEMY OF ARTS · 1768 - 2018”. The coins shall have a grained edge." not the G&D

The St. George and Dragon coins are both 2018 year coins, right?

If so, I am assuming the £5 gold coin is the annual Five Piece Sovereign, while the Silver Piedfort Coin will be a celebratory version of a similar one they released when Prince George was born (albeit that was NOT a Piedfort). Perhaps they feel a piedfort version can be justified given the 65 year coronation anniversary? ?

Edit: I am not 100% sure, but I think grained edge and milled edge are the same thing, which is that they are not plain edge.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

If so, I am assuming the £5 gold coin is the annual Five Piece Sovereign, while the Silver Piedfort Coin will be a celebratory version of a similar one they released when Prince George was born (albeit that was NOT a Piedfort). Perhaps they feel a piedfort version can be justified given the 65 year coronation anniversary? ?

Edit: I am not 100% sure, but I think grained edge and milled edge are the same thing, which is that they are not plain edge.

According to Arshi's timeline the £5 sovereign and piedfort aren't due till August, so it would be veryyy early for them to be in the gazette, I would guess it's not the sovereign. 

9 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Good I'm glad there will be no mistake thanks kman.

9 hours ago, Kman said:

According to Arshi's timeline the £5 sovereign and piedfort aren't due till August, so it would be veryyy early for them to be in the gazette, I would guess it's not the sovereign. 

Confusing as heck. I’m wondering what this “new” £5 gold coin is going to be. 

I won’t be able to afford it for sure, but it’ll be fun to wait and watch either way.

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2017 at 11:33, Kman said:

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2905776

FIVE POUND GOLD & 5 Pound SILVER PIEDFORT COIN

for the reverse a depiction of St George slaying a dragon accompanied by the date “2018”. The coin shall have a grained edge

I think it will be this design? 

newsov.png

• 1 month later...

Upcoming.. 

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2965801

"for the reverse Our portrait taken from Our Coronation and accompanied by the dates “1953” and “2018”. The coin shall have a grained edge.’"

"for the reverse a garlanded depiction of the Royal Arms below a crowned depiction of Our Royal Cypher, and accompanied by the inscription “· SAPPHIRE ANNIVERSARY · 1953 - 2018”. The coin shall have a plain edge and in incuse letters the inscription “SHINE THROUGH THE AGES”."

10 minutes ago, barney said:

What on earth... lol

(e) a depiction of an English breakfast and the letter E; or

(f) a depiction of fish and chips and the letter F; or

11 hours ago, westminstrel said:

They have an A to Z thing going. Some alphabets have rather funny representations :) 

Yes I suppose with a-z you're going to have to put some really random stuff in there

(a) a depiction of the Angel of the North and the letter A; or

(k) a depiction of King Arthur and the knights of the round table with the letter K; or

(l) a depiction of the Loch Ness Monster and the letter L; or

(r) a robin and the letter R; or

(s) a view of Stonehenge and the letter S; or

These seem the most promising to me to be nice designs

Not sure I like the topics of everything else 

Archived