• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Wanted - 2017 Rwanda Lunar Rooster Gold

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

I'd be interested to hear what you're willing to pay..........

shortstack - if I can pick one up at about double the spot price (around $2600 USD) I would be comfortable with that.  That's for raw/uncertified.  Yes I realize that is probably not a realistic number in today's market (maybe 6 months ago it would have been).

2 hours ago, buckeyecoins said:

Greetings!  Looking for a 2017 Rwanda Lunar Year of the Rooster 1 oz Gold.  If you have one that you would consider selling, or know where I can pick one up at a halfway reasonable price please let me know.  Thanks!

If I was you I would wait, once people realise the rip-off prices for, at the end of the day a piece of gold with a Rooster stamped on it they will lose interest and the price will drop. It could be a costly mistake.

15 minutes ago, Xander said:

If I was you I would wait, once people realise the rip-off prices for, at the end of the day a piece of gold with a Rooster stamped on it they will lose interest and the price will drop. It could be a costly mistake.

You know that is exactly what I thought too when I first saw them come on the market, but then look what happened.  Maybe all the hype will fade and the prices will come back down to earth, I don't know.  It's like an IPO for a stock - pump and dump.

5 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Xander, everyone buys coins at inflated prices, i'll bet there isn't one coin in your stack that you haven't paid spot for. The Rooster and ship are both high ticket items but for a rooster, you'll find $2600 in todays market on the low side. I believe buckeye offered $3000 for the ship and i've sold 2 Roosters now, 1MS70 for $5k and a proof silver and gold combo for $5750 :)

The coin has rocketed in value in such a short space of time, it seems a bit frenzied to last. I think there would be much better ways to spend that kind of money on coins that would give a more stable long-term return.

You are correct, everybody buys coins at inflated prices otherwise companies would go out of business, however, there is a difference between inflation and extortionate, the latter being the Rooster.

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

@buckeyecoins the dealer buy back on the rooster is sitting at €2400, your price of $2600 is €2200, you may need to rethink the price. 

@shortstack68 May I ask what dealer(s) you are referring to, and is this public information or what the dealer quoted over the phone?

26 minutes ago, Xander said:

The coin has rocketed in value in such a short space of time, it seems a bit frenzied to last. I think there would be much better ways to spend that kind of money on coins that would give a more stable long-term return.

You are correct, everybody buys coins at inflated prices otherwise companies would go out of business, however, there is a difference between inflation and extortion, the latter being the Rooster.

@Xander Which coins do you believe will give a more stable long-term return?  That is what I'm trying to learn by joining the site.  Thanks for your time.

38 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Extortion is when someone forces you to pay, no one is forcing anyone to pay, it's a choice. The rooster is 12 months old, so it's not a short space of time either, if you remember the 2017 proof sovereign, it did the same thing, not to this extent, look at the 2016 rabbit, £900 for a piece of silver, anyone moaning about that?

As I recollect I was having an amicable conversation with buckyecoins, as far as I am aware we were no, "moaning" perhaps you are confusing your own post with ours, it's easily done.

17 minutes ago, buckeyecoins said:

@Xander Which coins do you believe will give a more stable long-term return?  That is what I'm trying to learn by joining the site.  Thanks for your time.

If you check out some of the forum topics on long-term returns you will find more qualified advice from the more experienced forum members. 

The best advice I received was, avoid impulse buying and gather as much information on a coin before buying.                                                                                                                                              All the best.

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Xander, everyone buys coins at inflated prices, i'll bet there isn't one coin in your stack that you haven't paid spot for. The Rooster and ship are both high ticket items but for a rooster, you'll find $2600 in todays market on the low side. I believe buckeye offered $3000 for the ship and i've sold 2 Roosters now, 1MS70 for $5k and a proof silver and gold combo for $5750 :)

And you have a MS70  Nautical on eBay for $5500 or BO?

54 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

i'm quite happy with the Rooster prices

Well of course you are, as you probably got yours a lot cheaper than what they are going for now.   Wish I had the foresight to recognize this would be a hot coin, but no. 

Meanwhile anyone looking for a MS70/PR70 combo can find it at the bargain price of $8000 on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Rwanda-Year-Of-The-Rooster-Lunar-Zodiac-1oz-Gold-1oz-Proof-Silver/122820762731

Anyone stupid enough to pay that can have it.

Archived