• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How Do You Store Your Coins

Keithoil

I use some plastic containers from one of the local shops (£2.49 each), and they allow me to store around 120-140 coins still in their protective cases. 

I used to use the dark blue card board boxes from ebay but I found the quickly filled up and take up a lot of room, and were quite expensive.

I use these to hold my slabbed coins for the time being.

Any thoughts please!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullion coins(my stacker stuff) I keep in the original plastic tubes,maples eagles and philharmonics come in 20-25 coins per tube.

Other silver coins I keep in nice display boxes.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

My silver is in eagle tubes and a clear phone case inside zip plastic bags with gel bags then wrapped the hell out of the with sellotape and in a sealed bucket.

I do have a monster box but it is empty in the loft i have not got enough silver to be worth using it.

The reason i have it in a bucket is because once i had my stack in a small plastic bucket in the wall but i had a water leak and the bucket area was soaked and a lot of damage was done to my home but my stack stayed !00%, so the bucket solution makes me feel that my silver is stored safe.

IN a small plastic cash box, can someone link me a Briefcase, or something that can hold a lot of silver and is easily portable?

Do a search for the lighthouse L6 case.

My supplier on eBay sells them for £32 with whichever coin trays you want inside.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Lighthouse-CARGO-L6-Aluminium-Coin-Case-6-Mixed-Trays-22mm-50mm-Empty-case-/140832660668?pt=UK_Coins_Supplies_RL&var=&hash=item20ca47dcbc

Or item number 140832660668 if the link doesn't work.

Stacker since 2013

Pencill cases! I found pencil cases which are the samw diameter as the 1 Oz and 2 Oz in a capsule. Perfect solution!

Me too, cheap tin, round pencil cases, (tubes) found in the cheap £ shops. Can get 1 oz inc capsules, and 2 oz inc capsules , cheap and nondescript ,

Thanks guys, I will definitely get the pencil cases, and that briefcase. 

Question about the case however, I have Currently the Noah Ark Coins, however in the future my main silver coins will consist of Libertads, Philharmonic, Maple Leaf, Britanias, and Perth mint. All 1 oz silver coins. What size would I need the case to be? there are different options and its confusing 

Thanks guys, I will definitely get the pencil cases, and that briefcase. 

Question about the case however, I have Currently the Noah Ark Coins, however in the future my main silver coins will consist of Libertads, Philharmonic, Maple Leaf, Britanias, and Perth mint. All 1 oz silver coins. What size would I need the case to be? there are different options and its confusing 

All my coins are in capsules. I have the following pencil cases:

This one fits the 2 Oz coin capsules so perfectly you would be forgiven for thinking it was made to measure!!!

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/smash-tube-pencilcase-assorted-colours-black-grey-and-black-mesh-sm15523?searchTerm=pencil%20case

This one fits the 1Oz capsules with a little jiggle room to spare, but it isn't too big:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/x-mesh-tube-pencil-case-black-x13p100033?searchTerm=pencil%20case

This one fits the Perth Mint/PAMP certicar bars perfectly

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/a-brand-called-ed-hard-pencil-case-black-ed12evabk?searchTerm=pencil%20case

This is a UK based forum, Send UK links !!! xD

Find yer own links, I am not in the UK! :P

The internet is glbal, the membership here is global. I am sure there are shops all over the world which sell these items, or ones very similar. If you like them you will find them, as I did!

Find yer own links, I am not in the UK! :P

The internet is glbal, the membership here is global. I am sure there are shops all over the world which sell these items, or ones very similar. If you like them you will find them, as I did!

Save a silver bro some time and link them to meh xD

Archived