• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Platinum Wedding Anniversary SOTD Sovereign

westminstrel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Numistacker said:

Why?

I meant to say buy one now because it's more likely to be a return to the Mint at this stage. Well I wouldn't risk it myself for £500 plus grading!

It'll be very interesting to see how these fare in years to come given the low mintage and situation with authenticating.

It never came up in RM Sovereign searches and was at the end of a full year. I think it just won’t sell out and we will find that out in a few years.

Out of all of them it's going to be the rarest graded surely.

It'll be fascinating to see how this one does in the future. I'm surprised there are not 750 'completionists' in the world for it to have sold out already, but given time and new collectors joining the ranks, perhaps foreign collectors realising they missed one...we'll see!

14 hours ago, Numistacker said:

It never came up in RM Sovereign searches and was at the end of a full year. I think it just won’t sell out and we will find that out in a few years.

Other Proof coins that have a proposed maximum mintage are struck as per demand until the max count is reached, so the final declared mintage can be less if the demand is low.

However, the 750 SotD coins have all already been struck. A lack of demand isn’t going to reduce the declared mintage in this case. They will eventually all sell out, even if it takes a few more months (or years).

Archived