• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 7000+ members.

ChrisSilver

Today I Received.....

4 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

In the 2020 stacking goals thread I wrote of my desire to add at least one each $5 and $10 Canadian gold coins minted between 1912 - 1914. These coins were among the first to really appeal to me when I got in to collecting in my late teens yet they've always felt out of reach. Today I took great pleasure in receiving and unwrapping one I had recently bought. I love everything about the design of these coins and will very much cherish this one.

20200117_142741.jpg

20200117_142756.jpg

Nice George V Shieldback!!  I can really see why you like these - good choice  I really like it

Just now, Alun said:

Just the way older bars should look 😉

I wonder what sort of story some of these older bars have behind them, particularly from some of the older banks/mines that no longer exist

19 hours ago, Oldun said:

Yeah, bought as bog standard bullion but not too shoddy for its age....I’d like to think the same about me ! Maybe start a new thread to get opinions. Would cost £50 to get graded and delivered...worth it ?

Got to say from those pictures this looks like a possible MS65. I graded a nice one last year and got a MS64 but yours looks better to me !!  

21 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

Got to say from those pictures this looks like a possible MS65. I graded a nice one last year and got a MS64 but yours looks better to me !!  

Would it be worth grading though?  will cost me £30 for sure when all is said and done. Do 65s go for a sum ? I will have to check to assess the risk.

Edited by Oldun

Over 8,000,000,000 were minted so if you factor in £300 I paid for the coin then add £30 if I graded it with no guarantee of getting a 65 and it might just be better for me to keep my coin raw and safely stored.

This one sold early January for £330

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Full-Gold-Sovereign-NGC-MS65-Mint-State/274160902260?hash=item3fd5436074:g:EvEAAOSwZH1eAS5c

Edited by Oldun