• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

17 minutes ago, daca said:

Thank you.

The 1000 Schilling Babenberger were a steal, just 0,56%  over spot from goldvorsorge.at.

The ducat was ~ 2% over spot .

The Schilling was a good price. Cheapest I can find posted is £475. One day lol. The ducats one of my favourite- luckily picked one up at spot a while ago when spot was much lower 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

As far as I'm aware the coin is a standard but the the stamp cover set is limited. I bought it with the intention to remove the coin and add to my date run box but it's to nice so I'll try swoop it out for a regular one to someone who likes the stamp addition. Was a bargain so had to buy it 😃

36 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Been saving up for months to get my first 1oz Krugerrand. It’s a beauty. I save a bit on the side each year to get ONE nice coin. This is this years choice. Shame it’s gone to storage already.

54375955-5CA0-412E-A410-CAF526006AFB.jpeg

2A9AC551-0F6E-4785-8473-096F97834579.jpeg

Beautiful coin. Would love to own a 1977 Kruger ;) 
Congrats!

Why not keep it around (storage)?

Just now, Troy77 said:

I Hit the sorting office at 7 am this morning in the hope of it being my No. 1 purchase of the year, although soon to be knocked off by the Earth Moon work of art.

Many thanks to @BackyardBullion

Christmas has come early.

IMG_20191209_182341533.jpg

IMG_20191209_182415412.jpg

IMG_20191209_182435954.jpg

IMG_20191209_182427624.jpg

IMG_20191209_182445027.jpg

IMG_20191209_182457070.jpg

Nice photos !

Looking forward to your feedback on the earth and moon!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

23 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Another Black Friday purchase arrived today.  2019 1 oz platinum Britannia.  My first plat coin, as the rest of my platinum purchases have been in bar form and I rarely find platinum coins on sale for a low premium.

20191209_140143-ccfopt.jpg

Beautiful! Mind if I ask what the premium was? Any way around the VAT? 

@Melon  $25 over spot.  No VAT here in the U.S., although I was charged 9.5% sales tax.   This new law allowing sales tax on out of state online purchases sucks.   I plan on moving to Arizona next year where they don't apply sales tax to precious metals.  I can't wait.  The only way to avoid sales tax in California is to purchase over $1500 and even then that only applies to gold and silver.

15 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

@Melon  $25 over spot.  No VAT here in the U.S., although I was charged 9.5% sales tax.   This new law allowing sales tax on out of state online purchases sucks.   I plan on moving to Arizona next year where they don't apply sales tax to precious metals.  I can't wait.  The only way to avoid sales tax in California is to purchase over $1500 and even then that only applies to gold and silver.

Not too bad then, you guys are living the dream compared to those of us in the UK :) 

p.s. I think I just randomly assumed you were British because it was a Britannia - my bad! 😂

Edited by Melon

5 hours ago, Melon said:

Beautiful! Mind if I ask what the premium was? Any way around the VAT? 

I've bought VAT free 1oz platinum coins from https://www.europeanmint.com/platinum-bullion-coins/ 

They come with a premium of around 8-9 % and  some are not CGT exempted, however the price will be around 120 -150 euro less then UK and most Europe PM dealers. now the delivery cost is only about 10 euro when using BYB discount code.

see below

On 31/10/2019 at 18:37, daca said:

just receive 2 small bullion coins from EU mint, bought about a month ago when platinum drop by 50 $/oz.

WP_20191031_18_24_12_Pro.thumb.jpg.590360a0c1dff01b02a796776b467b25.jpg

WP_20191031_18_23_57_Pro.thumb.jpg.84b99d0429f190ccd5928a52cb8e3344.jpg

Edited by daca