• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ChrisSIlver

Today I Received.....

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

 You could be very  specific in your next order  that you don't want scratched capsules.

 I know it's a pain I've got a few them but for the vast majority there okay.

 I'd say it's more a case of how they received the coins.

 I don't know what their markup is  or even if there is room to replace.

 Me personally I wouldn't send them  if I was a supplier of new billion. You pay for the Capsule to be new 

 On the other hand it is a case  to protect the coin.

 Just place a small order and get your capsules.

 

 

 

And now that's what bugs me. Even a small order with the European Mint comes with fairly hefty shipping costs again, so you'll better make it a bigger order to make the shipping costs worth while. 

So for now, I'll just order some coin capsules somewhere else, hopefully I'll be invited to drop a review somewhere to give a piece of my mind, and I'll leave it at that. And I'll surely request to send my potential next order out with good coin capsules. 

Imagine you've ordered a smartphone somewhere, and it arrives with scratches on the back, and a star on the screen. And when you contact the seller about it, they say they do that more often, but they'll send you a screen protector with your next order to them as they want to keep their customers satisfied. Would be unacceptable, wouldn't it? 

But okay, suppose that's the risk of ordering something from somewhere abroad. Lesson learned...

Edited by FunkyChicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

And now that's what bugs me. Even a small order with the European Mint comes with fairly hefty shipping costs again, so you'll better make it a bigger order to make the shipping costs worth while. 

So for now, I'll just order some coin capsules somewhere else, hopefully I'll be invited to drop a review somewhere to give a piece of my mind, and I'll leave it at that. And I'll surely request to send my potential next order out with good coin capsules. 

Imagine you've ordered a smartphone somewhere, and it arrives with scratches on the back, and a star on the screen. And when you contact the seller about it, they say they do that more often, but they'll send you a screen protector with your next order to them as they want to keep their customers satisfied. Would be unacceptable, wouldn't it? 

But okay, suppose that's the risk of ordering something from somewhere abroad. Lesson learned...

You seen the 50% off shopping costs offer that @BackyardBullion has negotiated? (just in case you havent!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

You seen the 50% off shopping costs offer that @BackyardBullion has negotiated? (just in case you havent!)

Yeah, I have. :) At least that's something to keep in mind.

27 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

@FunkyChicken even  if you have to go on eBay  for new capsules 

 Are you still saved yourself a packet compared to the UK.

 But I sympathise with you it's very   Annoying  

True to having saved plenty of $€£ compared to purchasing in the UK. :) Suppose you also pay VAT on all silver in the Republic of Ireland then (coins are not exempt, like they are over here)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FunkyChicken said:

Yeah, I have. :) At least that's something to keep in mind.

True to having saved plenty of $€£ compared to purchasing in the UK. :) Suppose you also pay VAT on all silver in the Republic of Ireland then (coins are not exempt, like they are over here)?

 95% of our laws were made by the British establishment The other 5% is what the Irish government have managed to **** up since.. 😂😂

 Yes we get gang raped too on taxes... same rates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Got these beauties today. Thanks @Stackerads

Display case will hopefully be here tomorrow for them 😃

20191111_145356.jpg

You have started a collection 😂 now you'll have to try and source the 10,25, and 50 utah goldbacks to make it a complete display........... Im a little OCD like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

Absolutely stunning with the magic tree.

If it can help it says in russian ( old Slavic russian form ; like used at the church ) 

( From up to down )

Health 

Mind (?)

Luck

Success

Love

Fate

Happiness 

Actually I'm not sure if it s old russian ; jt might be old Slavic language we would have to ask a native speaker 

 

That's not Russian! It's written in BULGARIAN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, silverdocket said:

 95% of our laws were made by the British establishment The other 5% is what the Irish government have managed to **** up since.. 😂😂

 Yes we get gang raped too on taxes... same rates

Pity. But oh well, guess you can at least consider yourself lucky you don't have an Eirexit to worry about, so trade with the rest of the EU won't be a massive b!tch for you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiX said:

That's not Russian! It's written in BULGARIAN!

Haha I was asking my wife who is Ukrainian and she said it s probably old russian spoken in church!

My apologies ! As Bulgarians have created this alphabet they deserve such a nice piece of gold !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Well today I received what I think is Shipwreck Silver. The Coin is Horse Rider Ducaton from the Dutch province West Friesland - All the specifics match. I am just not sure which specialist to take it to for real evaluation. It was part of a 5KG silver coins blind buy. 

2hjk9tz.jpg

gmDqIYS.jpg

J3MHwq9.jpg

nP9c33u.jpg

It could be 1 of the 50.000 silver coins from the Hollandia shipwreck. 

The coins were found in 1971.

Here’s some more info. (In dutch)

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollandia_(schip,_1742)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

It could be 1 of the 50.000 silver coins from the Hollandia shipwreck. 

The coins were found in 1971.

Here’s some more info. (In dutch)

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollandia_(schip,_1742)

My German numismatic expert thinks so too. He said the markings are consistent with salt water damage and other Hollandia coins he’s handled. But without provenance can’t be marketed that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

As promised (because you were ALL so excited when I mentioned this on the chat yesterday...) please see below the Christmas edition of Minty and the original edition. They are a lovely little set of piggies.

The Snowman Minty is still being weened off at the Mint. Should be with his new family soon. Will do a family shot when he arrives...

F75E280D-AABE-4E5A-85D5-434BCBBBFA4E.jpeg

DABBECA5-2DC9-4A61-91A6-75E682C1C894.jpeg

D8BA1BE0-9D02-43EE-B230-42A2DEAECC50.jpeg

@Kookaburracollector is such a great admirer of this design, he might throw in his snowman coin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.