• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

5 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Any reason you bought from Australia?

Related to International UNDER SPOT Special - Gold & Silver Coins YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPYCOoxHJTw Gold under spot with free shipping and ability to pay with GBP posted in the UK Gold Deals.

Edited by Abyss

21 hours ago, RichmondStacker said:

Not PMs as such but will hopefully help me find some when I visit Tyndrum for a holiday next year.  The missus will go trail running and hiking with the dog while I prospect for gold. A41B45D6-70C5-465F-A2F7-140C44AD3434.thumb.jpeg.4da6422bc75760b485c62103c800b662.jpeg 

Sounds great...had any luck so far in the past?

43 minutes ago, R2DANIO2 said:

When you buy from a dealer you pay 20% in tax, when you buy here privately you pay 0% tax so potential for an instant 20% saving.

Also people like to sell things competitively, as it makes people more likely to buy it, personally if I see something on here I want and it's the exact same price as a dealer I'll probably use the dealer... 

Ah right, thanks for your explanation. :)

With the VAT on all silver in the UK (luckily at least silver coins are VAT free here in the Netherlands), it definitely makes sense to be a premium member here if a few quid a month potentially saves you tens or maybe hundreds of pounds on your purchases.

And good point on people wanting to sell at a competitive rate, especially on a place like over here with all the know how. Good to keep in mind.

7 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

Two more tubes of beasts to go in my monster box along with the Britannia’s and dragon bars 

no room for the phillys they will have to stay in the shoebox 

B86B1135-0BC9-4EBA-80C0-EFBEEEBFD5A2.jpeg

C8B68000-51C2-4F97-9D18-3B3CE5984741.jpeg

B0E96D4C-5B9A-41BF-B61B-8C0C975B6212.jpeg

Ha ha brilliant I love it Poor old Philly's

At the end of the day it's all 999 Lol.

That's an impressive stack 

7 minutes ago, Abyss said:

@Spanishsilver Hard tell from the photos but in the tubes you are putting anti-tarnish strip and silica jel? All my 2 oz QB in Monster box as result have remained in pristine condition.

Yes in every tube 3M anti tarnish strips and as many silica gel packs that will fit 

had a good look today and every thing is tip top. 

I recieved this this 3 coin Perth Mint Kookaburra 3 coin 2000 proof set. With only 128 sets around.
Unfortunately i have to send it back to Australia because the 10oz has quite a big milk spot. 😓😪

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2200.JPG

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :(:(

Edited by TheBeast

1 hour ago, TheBeast said:

I recieved this this 3 coin Perth Mint Kookaburra 3 coin 2000 proof set. With only 128 sets around.
Unfortunately i have to send it back to Australia because the 10oz has quite a big milk spot on the 10oz coin. 😓😪

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2200.JPG

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :(:(

For that very reason  I would never buy proof silver. Still not bad.

Such limited numbers if you can it replaced get it if not discount time

12 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

For that very reason  I would never buy proof silver. Still not bad.

Such limited numbers if you can it replaced get it if not discount time

It was advertised as perfect mint condition, i contacted the seller and could get a discount or a Total refund. 

With silver there’s always a chance of milking or tarnish. That’s the risk of buying proof silver.

15 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

It was advertised as perfect mint condition, i contacted the seller and could get a discount or a Total refund. 

With silver there’s always a chance of milking or tarnish. That’s the risk of buying proof silver.

If the discount is good I'd keep it.

Only you can make that decision 

looks good 

2 hours ago, TheBeast said:

The risk is less when you buy quite older coins. If they were going to spot, this has happened already. I speak of course about several years old, more than five, probably even ten. Just a few years don't guarantee anything concerning milk spots, even inside slabs. 🙄

Instagram: gildeon_67

1 hour ago, Gildeon said:

The risk is less when you buy quite older coins. If they were going to spot, this has happened already. I speak of course about several years old, more than five, probably even ten. Just a few years don't guarantee anything concerning milk spots, even inside slabs. 🙄

My 3 coinset of the Millenium Kooks (Indiana Jones is my you tube name / 10 oz Kook  min. 1:44 -1:60 )  seems to be in perfect condition, but it`s not for sale. So good and even better luck for  @TheBeast `s hunt on his run for a set in good condition - now there are only 126 left...;) 

687607030_kookaburra3coinproof014.thumb.JPG.bbd52e1f6adc0c911f93b11cfb4ce280.JPG821754739_kookaburra3coinproof024.thumb.JPG.cc9e50e67e2d4400dd191355cb959e99.JPG158772130_kookaburra3coinproof015.thumb.JPG.dbffca792f70084a73897440208f27f0.JPG

I got the 2 coin and the 3 coin set because I am a collector B)

Edited by platinreloaded

57 minutes ago, platinreloaded said:

My 3 coinset of the Millenium Kooks (Indiana Jones is my you tube name / 10 oz Kook  min. 1:44 -1:60 )  seems to be in perfect condition, but it`s not for sale. So good and even better luck for  @TheBeast `s hunt on his run for a set in good condition - now there are only 126 left...;) 

687607030_kookaburra3coinproof014.thumb.JPG.bbd52e1f6adc0c911f93b11cfb4ce280.JPG821754739_kookaburra3coinproof024.thumb.JPG.cc9e50e67e2d4400dd191355cb959e99.JPG158772130_kookaburra3coinproof015.thumb.JPG.dbffca792f70084a73897440208f27f0.JPG

I got the 2 coin and the 3 coin set because I am a collector B)

I was very dissapointed when i saw the milkspot because these sets doesn’t show up for sale very often. But indeed i have to be patient when another set shows up in good condition

Better luck next time! 😎