• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

41 minutes ago, Scorey23 said:

May may have over done it on my trip to the royal mint experience today 

A523FEA9-775E-4A1B-A0D1-F20F489884A7.thumb.jpeg.f30fe0d1b2e59a0dd322f2c06d042f52.jpeg

My daughter lives not far away from it and wants us both to go there next time I we stay over at hers, whats the place like ? can you get items cheaper there or anything not for sale online etc ?

4 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

My daughter lives not far away from it and wants us both to go there next time I we stay over at hers, whats the place like ? can you get items cheaper there or anything not for sale online etc ?

No unfortunately can’t get anything cheaper but was a good hour or two With everything would recommend it to anyone 

3 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Give us a story somewhere on the forum of your visit, I am interested in hearing about it, if you don't mind.

@SILVERFINGER Decent thread here  from 3 years ago, including links to other reviews including one from me:

Edited by Stuntman

10 minutes ago, augur said:

Yes, and joins my little collection of all time favourite designs:

I'm curious... what do you think of the 2019 design? It seems to be quite popular, and I also like it a lot. None of the other very recent Britannia proofs have convinced me so far, but the 2019 stands out. Time will tell in later years if it will become one of the iconic designs, or just a forgotten one. I think the addition of the lion in the design is a plus.

10 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

All this 'admiring' of Britannia reminds me of Wayne's World:

Garth: Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?

Wayne: No.

[cracks up laughing] 

Wayne: No.

Garth: Neither did I. I was just asking.

Well I wouldn't get off of her until the neighbours complained about smell, she is gorgeous, probably one of the best looking of all the Britannia women.

30 minutes ago, augur said:

Yes, and joins my little collection of all time favourite designs:

24BE819F-38FD-4EA5-9618-0F7A092295C6.jpeg.4ad31f75dadd43b056fc5229328d3562.jpegF721F719-B535-4D8D-814C-9033057C88D6.jpeg.cfca06236c76d776730b3491d685261c.jpeg

05E76F17-ED73-4D72-A67B-A3DC16412DFF.jpeg.915d1e29304a7a1e4022e44dc16e7f8b.jpeg9CFA2E9D-9FA9-4FD2-AEC8-9D54887CAA14.jpeg.24aad1a81dfb6ec611ea3e331f8bbfd2.jpeg

(all PF70UC, even the 2001/2003 iterations)

but nothing tops the 5oz High Relief for the “reverse”

D7506B06-60FF-402F-B953-DAE683C2B87F.thumb.jpeg.8539739d79d7300390b7c60e4a89c286.jpeg

The second and third photos of the Britannia stunning. Cheers for sharing.

19 hours ago, Scorey23 said:

No unfortunately can’t get anything cheaper but was a good hour or two With everything would recommend it to anyone 

Are you able to strike your own 50p coin at the RM? 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

25 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I'm curious... what do you think of the 2019 design? It seems to be quite popular, and I also like it a lot. None of the other very recent Britannia proofs have convinced me so far, but the 2019 stands out. Time will tell in later years if it will become one of the iconic designs, or just a forgotten one. I think the addition of the lion in the design is a plus.

The nice thing about the Britannia series is that there are designs to suit many different tastes. In terms of plasticity of the allegory I favour the 2014 and 1987 original design. In regards to modern reductive depiction the 2001 and 2003 stand out to me and @gazer. I think there is little not to be liked and even the greatest hater of the 2017 design @RegalStacker has come to terms with her. 

3 minutes ago, augur said:

The nice thing about the Britannia series is that there are designs to suit many different tastes. In terms of plasticity of the allegory I favour the 2014 and 1987 original design. In regards to modern reductive depiction the 2001 and 2003 stand out to me and @gazer. I think there is little not to be liked and even the greatest hater of the 2017 design @RegalStacker has come to terms with her. 

Yes I can agree on that. I'm specifically interested in hearing what people's opinions are of the 2019 design.