• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

I have a sweet capped bust one cent 1830 I believe which has a small nick on it, doesn't bother me but some anal annie's get all bunched up about it.

I am not too fussed - I dont buy many pieces as numismatic items - the 1/4 onza and the 1R were ones I was happy to pay over the odds - even then I got them way cheaper than market value. The nick kills most the premium on the roo, but as I got it at spot no bother :P

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

8 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

What’s in the blue box?..looks like an open packet of prophylactics!!

the coin was wrapped in kitchen roll, and wedged into a round plastic container with another bit of kitchen roll. this was put into the blue box which used to hold paperclips, this box was sellotaped into the big box and surrounded with more kitchen roll, the box was then covered in what must have been a full roll of sellotape, and then that box was put in a big plastic postage bag. 

5 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Today I received

20 Austrian Corona with chaplet 1896

20 Austrian Corona without chaplet 1915 (restrike)

10 Austrian Corona with chaplet 1905

8 Austrian Florin 1892

20 Swiss Franc (Vreneli) 1947

P1030177.JPG

P1030178.JPG

20KronenKranz1896Obv.JPG

20KronenKranz1896Rev.JPG

20KronenkeinKranz1915Obv.JPG

20KronenkeinKranz1915Rev.JPG

10KronenkeinKranz1905Obv.JPG

10KronenkeinKranz1905Rev.JPG

8Florin1892Obv.JPG

8Florin1892Rev.JPG

Vreneli1947Obv.JPG

Vreneli1947Rev.JPG

Lovely lot mate, right up my alley 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

20 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Well I can't say that this 1/2 sov from eBay wasn't well packaged. :)

IMG_20190612_181616.jpg

I have had sovereigns sent to me literally taped to the inside of the envelope...literally...and no insurance...not from a dealer but still...also had a shoe box sized package with all sorts of stuff inside for a 1 oz silver coin...some people just don't read the memo.

7 hours ago, Alun said:

Massive Thanks to Peter @MrScottsdale for the latest 2 scottsdale 10ozers for my stack.. 

Always a lengthy process getting stuff from the states, but excellent communication throughout and fantastic packaging. 

20190613_115231.jpg

It’s always a pleasure and your patience and kind words make it all worth while Alun.

Thank you 🍻

54 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Been a bit excited for the last few weeks, but today I finally received this 30 g golden beauty! Hugest of thanks to @Marc

Long story short, i'm a bit of a fan of The Phoenix (sentimental place from my uni+ days), hence my collecting of most things Phoenix such as the dragon and phoenix coins here! https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=247324

During my many discussions with @Marc i told him about my affinity for Phoenix coins and he showed me one he had. From that moment i wanted it. Just loved the super design with the Phoenix and obviously the gold! I've got to learn more about the history behind it too. I think he was very reluctant to let it go, but i'm chuffed he did!

Here its is, A 30 g (100,00 Yen) gold proof (PF70) coin commemorating The Enthronement of Emperor Akihito (Heisei). This emperor recently abdicated, the first time an emperor has done so in over 200 years. They are not rare coins, about 100,000 of them in proof, but they are very scarce outside of Japan. Now that the emperor has abdicated they probably hold a bit more historical significance! There's quite a story about the Japanese 20 g gold coin from this era, but maybe @Marc can tell that story in another post!

2019-06-14 18.07.20.jpg

2019-06-14 18.08.02.jpg

That is pretty special!!