• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

9 hours ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Something from my private collection, not many of you on the forum will know the dept of the rarity level on these little gems, but the JM Gollums will be drooling.... not one but bloody triplets 🦄🦄🦄

@JunkBond

@Tritoon01 have you seen these before ?

3C874DA1-CFF5-4174-A20A-C5EC49B15CBF.jpeg

237ECCEE-E22E-4681-8CE2-9BD522BD7303.jpeg

No, have not seen these before....what was the purpose of those 'hooks' ? Were these little bars used for measurements ? Nice for sure !

Edited by Tritoon01

41 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Interesting pick ups 500 and 2000 ruppee 3.5gm notes laminated made of 999 silver.

Lovely notes but when I see high domination notes in India sometimes get very nervous about hyperinflation :(. These notes I brought back from India 25,500 rupees equivalent £275 or $359 not advisable to land in India without having some local currency.

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.eab5c3476d39a3e845caa287589dc146.JPG

1 minute ago, Tn21 said:

@Abyss did the Indian government not take away the high denomination notes away from circulation ?

They sure did if you still have the 500 Rupee or 1000 Rupee notes below then it is only worth its paper content. Indian government should applauded reminding people that all fiat currencies eventually go to their intrinsic value of zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Indian_banknote_demonetisation

image.thumb.png.482130ab4a12ea057a930e293850d3f3.pngimage.thumb.png.a04d9387be4a7551294d85b6fb91fd7f.png

I remember when it was being carried out and it was almost overnight that the notes were withdrawn. A fair amount of currencies have seen their higher denomination notes being withdrawn from circulation. A war on cash it is. 

15 minutes ago, Abyss said:

They sure did if you still have the 500 Rupee or 1000 Rupee notes below then it is only worth its paper content. Indian government should applauded reminding people that all fiat currencies eventually go to their intrinsic value of zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Indian_banknote_demonetisation

image.thumb.png.482130ab4a12ea057a930e293850d3f3.pngimage.thumb.png.a04d9387be4a7551294d85b6fb91fd7f.png

The 500 are still in use.. it’s the 1000 that they don’t anymore.

also they are heavily encouraging use of cards

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

Lovely notes but when I see high domination notes in India sometimes get very nervous about hyperinflation :(. These notes I brought back from India 25,500 rupees equivalent £275 or $359 not advisable to land in India without having some local currency.

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.eab5c3476d39a3e845caa287589dc146.JPG

I thought you couldn't take any local currency into India now - you have to get in there?

16 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

I thought you couldn't take any local currency into India now - you have to get in there?

All these notes fit into my wallet I have never had any problems taking 25,000 rupees in or out of India as it is a small amount of currency. I would not want to take anymore though due to limit being 25,000 see advice from Transferwise

https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/taking-cash-in-or-out-of-india

Sorry I should have mentioned I hold OCI - Overseas resident of India passbook. Even though born in the UK due parents being born in India and I hold British Passport I am still classified an OCI no need for Visa regardless duration of stay. PS this should not matter as money in your wallet and nobody should be allowed to go through contents of your personal wallet unless beeps in the scanner.

Edited by Abyss

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

All these notes fit into my wallet I have never had any problems taking 25,000 rupees in or out of India as it is a small amount of currency. I would not want to take anymore though due to limit being 25,000 see advice from Transferwise

https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/taking-cash-in-or-out-of-india

Sorry I should have mentioned I hold OCI - Overseas resident of India passbook. Even though born in the UK due parents being born in India and I hold British Passport I am still classified an OCI no need for Visa regardless duration of stay. PS this should not matter as money in your wallet and nobody should be allowed to go through contents of your personal wallet unless beeps in the scanner.

That explains things! Interesting that the UK Government advice is different to transferwise.com and I am sure the UK Government is always right😄😄

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/india/money

'In November 2016, the Prime Minister announced that old 500 and 1,000 Rupee banknotes would be withdrawn from immediate circulation. It’s no longer possible for non-Indian nationals to exchange these old notes. For more information and advice about how to get access to cash, visit the Reserve Bank of India website

There are restrictions on bringing Indian rupees into India. Visitors, including tourists, are not permitted to bring any amount of Indian currency into the country. If you’re visiting India, you can bring cash or travellers’ cheques (in pounds sterling or another foreign currency) and/or a bank card with you and exchange or withdraw rupees once in India. If you’re resident in India, you can bring up to INR 7,500 into the country.'