• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

22 minutes ago, mustynewb said:

Came yesterday.

alexander the great drachm around 300bc.

Might send this off to numi for NGC verification.

Out of interest, how do you know something like this is genuine?  Its not like a sovereign which is reasonably easy to test (known size, weight, etc).

Haven't got pictures yet but ive got a gruffalo gold coin and 2 proof ones. Im sure i will get mine i got them at 1.05 am this morning and paid so pictures to come might flip the gold and one proof will watch e bay prices. I missed out on the snowman so stayed up late this time 

24 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Haven't got pictures yet but ive got a gruffalo gold coin and 2 proof ones. Im sure i will get mine i got them at 1.05 am this morning and paid so pictures to come might flip the gold and one proof will watch e bay prices. I missed out on the snowman so stayed up late this time 

I wouldn't bank on getting them quickly. I ordered my snowman coins b4 2am last time and didn't receive them for well over 3 weeks.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 minutes ago, TheProspector said:

Wasn’t a massive fan at first but having seen the photos in another thread was persuaded to take the risk...

My word was it worth it... Extremely happy, better than a Gruffalo any day of the week 🤪

I actually prefer the eagle side...

Thanks to Silvertrader and @jonrms and @Tritoon01whose posts inspired me.

DB77845B-25FA-41AA-89E1-5039335E9054.jpeg

071D019B-172C-4921-A522-37AA4DBB0D1A.jpeg

5FC7D1A2-6025-4B5B-B81A-56CEACD9B0F5.jpeg

Lol....glad you could pick up the 'medal' you wanted ! .... waiting on the proof....hope the premium is not extremely high....but will buy at least 1 for sure.....to complete the series 🙂 

50 minutes ago, CosmikDebris said:

I think half the forum having taken advantage of the deal! I cant help but wonder if Harrington & Byrne are going to be in the red come the end of the month!

Especially seeing as we’re generally canny bunch here and won’t want to buy any of the overpriced coins they offer.

Edited by Goldhooked

2 hours ago, 5huggy said:

They LOOK and "FEEL" cool one in each hand 

These big bars have many uses, your right they are always nice and cool to the touch and on a hot day they are a great substitute to a cold flannel on the forehead, gently rolling them on ones forehead cools you down or soothes a headache or hangover- they are also fabulous doorstops- and a fantastic cosh if someones attempting to break in to steal them- a lot more practical than on first glance- Nice bars.  

18 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

These big bars have many uses, your right they are always nice and cool to the touch and on a hot day they are a great substitute to a cold flannel on the forehead, gently rolling them on ones forehead cools you down or soothes a headache or hangover- they are also fabulous doorstops- and a fantastic cosh if someones attempting to break in to steal them- a lot more practical than on first glance- Nice bars.  

Quite right @richatthecroft  painted black - they make perfect doorstops! 😉

Glad you got my drift on the "feel cool" !