• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

This little beauty had a slight edge chip, but still a gorgeous coin. And having acquired it at £20 below it’s spot value I think it’s a small but good win :) 

4A39B087-1F72-454C-949F-EC4718693B7D.jpeg

B285CDAE-E5B0-40E7-9D5B-856762982210.jpeg

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

40 minutes ago, sg86 said:

What a coin.... 🤗😍

1853 Proof, nothing much more to say but wow! 

I suspect many don't even know this rarity even exists, very very few in existence now. 

Pictures (especially from phone) don't do it any justice, so I will do a 4k video at some point so others can enjoy it

IMG_20190205_164056.thumb.jpg.f5d076e09039294c7b0b62b55198a6c3.jpg

IMG_20190205_164011.jpg

IMG_20190205_164057.jpg

Pity I can’t like it twice.

very nice @sg86

3 hours ago, sg86 said:

What a coin.... 🤗😍

I suspect many don't even know this rarity even exists, very very few in existence now. 

Pictures (especially from phone) don't do it any justice, so I will do a 4k video at some point so others can enjoy it

IMG_20190205_164011.jpg

IMG_20190205_164057.jpg

Wow just wow that is stunning. 

3 hours ago, sg86 said:

What a coin.... 🤗😍

166 years old and very near as it was the day it was struck- fantastic acquisition.   

3 hours ago, sg86 said:

What a coin.... 🤗😍

IMG_20190205_164011.jpg

IMG_20190205_164057.jpg

Beautiful! I only have the sixpence from that set😞😄

4 hours ago, sg86 said:

What a coin.... 🤗😍

Wowsers, what a lovely coin. I'm on the look out for a MS62 or above graded Vicky Shieldback sovereign, but that proof there is amazing!

Pretty shocked at the level of feedback so thanks all! Difficult to say money well spent considering the cost, but some coins just have to command the price 

@Oldun I'm not actually sure, I suspect quite recently as part of the Bulter Family collection it is designated as. I also bought a 1937 from the same collection so assumed it was a sell off rather than a collection amassed over a long period.

Either way I would never ship this coin, or dream of it coming back out if the slab! 

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com