• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Technically I didn't receive these today - but I have been pretty busy!

Make sure to catch In Focus Friday for more info!

5abbd7d5020be_Perth.thumb.jpg.983520c4f3a078a383bba22d19d23477.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

My NGC graded gold coins back from @Numistacker; thanks for showcasing three of these in your “best of” vid   

Numi.  

1784 Guinea AU55

1910 Indian Head $5 AU58

2017 Sovereign PF69

2017  Libertad 1/4 PF70

2017 Griffin 1/4 MS70  

C09BCED8-84DE-4C6A-961E-CDE7FAFC53E0.jpeg

E9E2E519-D106-4333-ACC4-C448E522B09E.jpeg

223D6F41-5BFD-4E02-8F83-ACF9DB931DAC.jpeg

912AF77F-DBC7-4D6B-84AC-54660A6E6A53.jpeg

E6056FD4-9FC8-49BB-A296-639AAF002B13.jpeg

The Griffin upside down would really annoy me! 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

And the NGC silver results: a tad disappointed to miss the PF70 on the 2014 Britannia and the 2017 Krugerrand proof. I do have a Pf70 2014 Brit already - so cant really complain.  

PF69 Britannias 2013, 2014, 2016. 

PF69 Krugerrand 2017 

PF70 Britannia 2011. Hurrah ?, as its my second favorite design after the 2014 iconic design. 

Thanks again to Numi! 

423544F8-AE6B-4D1B-BEEA-554071090533.jpeg

B6E477B3-1BC5-4B2D-8387-EEE449D94579.jpeg

3E8F254D-BB10-4932-9BC5-A6A8A8E48636.jpeg

CAA13B63-9048-486D-927E-F3F60BF033D3.jpeg

5150BB78-6D67-4928-9BD7-FEA87904B41B.jpeg

Edited by Lindeman

12 hours ago, Sovsaver said:

Picked up a 2002 half Sovereign on eBay. There was only one photo and no really good look at the coin’s surfaces.

I got lucky, probably will get it graded.

C5D3059D-82D6-4789-AAE8-F60774FFAC3D.jpeg

923384FC-9C09-4594-B24B-CA1A2268CBE1.jpeg

Proof looks much nicer than bullion version

Edit: stating the obvious i know but it’s true!

Edited by Elements

9 hours ago, Lindeman said:

And the NGC silver results: a tad disappointed to miss the PF70 on the 2014 Britannia and the 2017 Krugerrand proof. I do have a Pf70 2014 Brit already - so cant really complain. 

Would be good if they would include a short report of why they grade it like they do

9 hours ago, Kman said:

I think that's the only one I've ever seen come back not labelled as cleaned lol 

? I hear you @Kman - its a joy just to see these even come back in a slab , as i am still lamenting my prized 1916S that came back as “not genuine” a few months ago! 

I am tiptoeing through my set of Indian Head $5s with NGC: so far its as follows:

1910 AU58

1912 AU55

1915 AU58

1916S - not genuine. 

I will keep going and send in some more as its better to know the truth about what i bought rather than kid myself! Although there are a couple i know will maybe come back as scratched or cleaned ...

Another addition to my alternative sovereign design collection this one is a bit of a mouthful

23.5ct 1965 Isle of Man gold sovereign coin bicentenary of the revervsement act.  

Great design and Been older got a much nicer pic of the queen.

IMG_20180329_103321__01.jpg

Received my very first silver purchase today courtesy of @BackyardBullion and his forum group orders.

15 lovely 1 ounce 2018 silver Britannias.

First impressions, I am very impressed with the care and consideration taken with how the package has been wrapped. I have to admit I wasn't expecting that level of packaging and only expecting a jiffy envelope. Even down to how the brown tape was applied was done with attention to detail. Inside the tube of Brits were further protected by lashings of bubble wrap and loose fill foam. And sat right on top of everything was @BackyardBullion business card acting as a greeting to the shiny contents hidden below.

Considering it came as part of a massive group order from gs.be, this entire first impression actually made me feel as though I had just received a personally prepared professional order as though it was an individual order.

I have made an unpacking video using my El Cheapo Vodafone smart phone but it was done with one hand so is a bit wobbly. Will upload that asap. In the video I was talking rather quietly due to the adjoining walls with my neighbours being on the slim side. Don't want anyone to overhear me talking about gold or silver.

On to the Brits.

Off the bat, I was quite taken at how heavy the silver tube was containing said coins (a tube I was not expecting!). After opening it up and emptying it's silver contents onto bubble wrap to avoid getting scruff marks on the coins surface from my DIY work bench, I then hesitated in picking them up with my mitts through fear of getting smudge marks on them.

Then I thought "Sod it" and duly picked them up! Having that full weight of those 15 coins pulling down into the palm of your hand is quite an experience, and considering I've never held silver before, it definitely has it's own unique texture and balance. I then held a stack of normal fiat £2 coins in my hand and it just felt "meh".

Even hearing them clinking against each other as I thumbed them over one by one created it's own distinctive sound that I had never heard before. I have worked with many metals over the years - steel/tungsten/ali/iron/zinc etc - and this silver clinking sound was in a world of it's own.

I then set about weighing them with my new 500g 0.01 scales that arrived with the same RM courier. I'm guessing the scales are slightly out of calibration as each coin came back with a reading of 31.34g -/+, with the ozt reading 1.10-/+. Or maybe I need to read the scales instructions to see if they require calibrating first!

Either way, even with the slight over reading on the scales, every coin came back with the same reading. Worst case scenario I can't calibrate them, I can just use the actual reading weight as being true to 1 troy ounce/31.104g and calculate from there.

All in all, I am chuffed with my first silver purchase. More will definitely be following.

Edit: Can't upload pics as......I don't know. Just won't let me. Maybe too large a file at 1.6mb?

Edited by LittleJohnSilver