• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

9 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

How did that get all the way to japan then all the way bak home. Thats a well travelled coin!

There seems to be quite a few collectors of top grade British and French coins in Japan, most coins seem to have been bought from the main US auctions at some point - so the shilling is even more well travelled!

16 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

purchased or graded yourself?

The ones I listed are all purchased from various Auction's, Fair's and Dealer's. They were all purchased "Slabbed". Striving to upgrade my collection and finding good "raw" coins is not so easy. Bought a few "raw" from the Baldwins Auction - Wander Collection and we will see how they grade.

It's getting more difficult to get good quality coins at the right price - still managing to fill a few gaps though.

I would say that 80% of my "keepers" plus are graded now. I only grade decent or extremely rare coins. I'll put up a few pictures when I get time.

14 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

How did that get all the way to japan then all the way bak home. Thats a well travelled coin!

There are a lot of lovely British Coins in Japan ready for the journey back

4 minutes ago, matrawr said:

Delivered by Yodel!

That reminds me of a delivery by Yodel we had at work this week.  It was a box of printer paper and the outside box was completely torn open at one end - literally the whole end of the box was flapping loose and you could see the contents.  I could see the paper inside looked ok on that edge (and it was only printer paper!) but I still wrote a note on the PDA when I signed that said "box damaged" just in case.  The Yodel driver took great offence to this and said "Its not damaged, its just open slightly" :D  That is just one example why we don't use Yodel to deliver anything!

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

That reminds me of a delivery by Yodel we had at work this week.  It was a box of printer paper and the outside box was completely torn open at one end - literally the whole end of the box was flapping loose and you could see the contents.  I could see the paper inside looked ok on that edge (and it was only printer paper!) but I still wrote a note on the PDA when I signed that said "box damaged" just in case.  The Yodel driver took great offence to this and said "Its not damaged, its just open slightly" :D  That is just one example why we don't use Yodel to deliver anything!

No issues on this occasion, purchased from the US so has been opened as it went through GSP and was repackaged.........the driver seemed shocked/horrified when I said his name! He was like "how do you know my name?" and I replied "the tracking?" "oh yes" he replied 😛

2 minutes ago, Abyss said:

European Mint splitting up gold deliveries and don't want to send all the coins purchased at once. Received 10x 1 oz Gold Queens Beasts Falcons today. Next week 10x Bull coins and some additional Lions and my stack of Gold complete until the next coin in the series released. The journey 100 oz Gold in the Queen Beast series continue.......

IMG_0492.thumb.JPG.61a05b4fc0e39656660aaefb769cf7b3.JPG

Wow wish i could afford just 1oz lol..i best get saving up