• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

3 minutes ago, StackinJack said:

Haha :D, and YES, those boxes look really tempting!

Bet your sphincter was tightening up then with a mix of emotions, (fear, anger, dread, worry, and now laughter, relief, and probably anger again :P) , yeah I took the plunge and got the Marvel box for my daughter its lovely.

On 21/08/2018 at 21:00, Bullionaire said:

My under-spot sovereign from the ebay 15% offer. Only got it today, so it took a few days longer than other's on here to arrive. It's a 1981 in decent nick. Hardly any signs of wear or handling.

No natural light here at the minute so sorry for the dark pic!

20180821_204735-1.jpg

Update with some slightly nicer pics

20180822_193829-1.jpg

20180822_193800.jpg

20180822_193746.jpg

26 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Received this from @Platinumskies to add to my Half Sovereign collection.

I now have 1989, 2002, 2005, 2012, 2016 & 2017 special designs in PF70 UC :D

Now to start collecting inbetween years :)

20180823_070610.jpg

Wow now thats a good way to start a half sovereign set nice one m8

8 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Wow now thats a good way to start a half sovereign set nice one m8

They are the modern Half's I have so far. I do have a 1874, 1901, 1902 Matte, 1926 SA, 1937, 1984, 1990 & 2018 all graded. I will go to the lockup tonight & take a pic of them all together :)

Edited by shawy2510

Just now, shawy2510 said:

They are the modern Half's I have so far. I do have a 1874, 1901, 1902 Matte, 1926 SA, 1984, 1990 & 2018 all graded. I will go to the lockup tonight & take a pic of them all together :)

Yes think that.s a good plan be great to see pic of them together. Nice lot of sovereign.s m8 well done 

Whilst the forum was down for maintenance I received my Route 66 Missouri silver shields. I only ordered two of them but another envelope arrived at the same time with my name on with two more. I contacted the seller to let them know there's been a mistake as I never put an order in for the extra two.

Didn't want to leave him out of pocket as that's been dishonest, so he let me have them at a lower price. The other year the same thing happened twice to me with two  other companies. I posted on the forum about it at the time but for it to happen a third time with yet another seller is surprising! Top marks to EJP for the lower price, not too low to give them away, even though they nearly did :lol:

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, MickB said:

Whilst the forum was down for maintenance I received my Route 66 Missouri silver shields. I only ordered two of them but another envelope arrived at the same time with my name on with two more. I contacted the seller to let them know there's been a mistake as I never put an order in for the extra two.

Didn't want to leave him out of pocket as that's been dishonest, so he let me have them at a lower price. The other year the same thing happened twice to me with two  other companies. I posted on the forum about it at the time but for it to happen a third time with yet another seller is surprising! Top marks to EJP for the lower price, not too low to give them away, even though they nearly did :lol:

image.jpeg

Hmm I have read somewhere about a marketing ploy where they do this, if they think a customer is going to be honest they will send more items out, in the hope that they will sell more, the cheaper price is what you would of got anyway for buying them in bulk, wonder how many other members here it has happened to, I know it happened to a mate of mine in a book club, he kept it though for free because he was a bugger.

Edited by SILVERFINGER