• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Today I received 2 excellently made wooden boxes for the Marvel series and the Queens beast series from Alun on the silver forum. Highly recommend, they where shipped really quickly, reasonably priced and look great. Just need to collect all the coins now. 

image1.jpeg

image3 (1).jpeg

image4 (1).jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I am waiting with excitement for my daughters Marvel box to come, they look superb.

Mrs BYB and I bought some sovereigns for 97.65% of spot price - and they arrived already!

First time ever using BBP and it was because of a 15% eBay voucher!

IMG_20180818_105713.thumb.jpg.2b3dbb619200b65cd69c96b2853abe79.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, FFkook said:

Very beautiful! So how to obtain such a voucher?

It was a one dat deal ebay offered out to everyone (in the UK only I want to say...) It has expired now though. 

22 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Mrs BYB and I bought some sovereigns for 97.65% of spot price - and they arrived already!

First time ever using BBP and it was because of a 15% eBay voucher!

IMG_20180818_105713.thumb.jpg.2b3dbb619200b65cd69c96b2853abe79.jpg

That was quick! 

Just now, Bullionaire said:

That was quick! 

Tell me about it! Ordered at about 12pm and arrived at 10am next day!

Fair play to BBP they did a good job. 

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Tell me about it! Ordered at about 12pm and arrived at 10am next day!

Fair play to BBP they did a good job. 

Especially as they must have got a lot more orders yesterday than normal. 

Sadly I ordered mine to work so won't get it till Monday!

I dont post in this area often (well this is the first time since being a member).

1st up, I ordered one of the lovely wooden boxes from @Alun for my daughters Marvel coins set ,

Here is some of the specs before the pictures (which were rushed as I my back went last week and I am still suffering).

Packaging - Royal Mail proof, would even go to say 'Yodel throwing over back gate proof'

Dispatch time - Dispatched next day, informed via PM, came within 2 days, 2nd class signed for

Box construction - Solid ash, high quality construction, smaller than expected (which is a good thing)

Price - Classified, but when has quality been cheap, not cheap, not expensive, just right.

Other notes - Element of future proof added into it, there is 'alleged' to be only 6 coin in the set, but he has a secret compartment (which would suit a tiny pistol) for any future releases and to save you money and space.

Below is the box with a tiny Belgian FN Browning model 1906 .25 calibre, made in 1914 for size comparison (gun measures only 4" long), these pistols were used for concealed carry, by agents, females being large customers of them and them even coming with sequinned purse holsters, the gun was manufactured from 1906 until 1952 production only stopping during both world wars, the gun and its ammuntion was designed by John Browning and was the first pistol to fire the .25 ACP (or 6.35mm), this gun sparked 100's of clones that are still being manufactured to this day.

DSCN0847.thumb.JPG.9fd69857a20d94048b91731b2488bc13.JPG

DSCN0846.thumb.JPG.c47208f063db76187422ba5342ea3bcb.JPG

DSCN0844.thumb.JPG.38f4a92c19cb88eb665c9d92df18d253.JPG

5 minutes ago, Goldfever said:

A couple of humble coins that I just really liked and a big sovereign book from the royal mint ?

Excellent Crowns! “The History of the Sovereign: Chief Coin of the World” is a good read and overall a great historical piece on the Sovereign. @sg86 and I have been discussing additional Sovereign reference books. So now the added passion is finding other references on The Royal Mint and Sovereign minting. 

55 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I dont post in this area often (well this is the first time since being a member).

1st up, I ordered one of the lovely wooden boxes from @Alun for my daughters Marvel coins set ,

Here is some of the specs before the pictures (which were rushed as I my back went last week and I am still suffering).

Packaging - Royal Mail proof, would even go to say 'Yodel throwing over back gate proof'

Dispatch time - Dispatched next day, informed via PM, came within 2 days, 2nd class signed for

Box construction - Solid ash, high quality construction, smaller than expected (which is a good thing)

Price - Classified, but when has quality been cheap, not cheap, not expensive, just right.

Other notes - Element of future proof added into it, there is 'alleged' to be only 6 coin in the set, but he has a secret compartment (which would suit a tiny pistol) for any future releases and to save you money and space.

Below is the box with a tiny Belgian FN Browning model 1906 .25 calibre, made in 1914 for size comparison (gun measures only 4" long), these pistols were used for concealed carry, by agents, females being large customers of them and them even coming with sequinned purse holsters, the gun was manufactured from 1906 until 1952 production only stopping during both world wars, the gun and its ammuntion was designed by John Browning and was the first pistol to fire the .25 ACP (or 6.35mm), this gun sparked 100's of clones that are still being manufactured to this day.

DSCN0847.thumb.JPG.9fd69857a20d94048b91731b2488bc13.JPG

DSCN0846.thumb.JPG.c47208f063db76187422ba5342ea3bcb.JPG

DSCN0844.thumb.JPG.38f4a92c19cb88eb665c9d92df18d253.JPG

No wonder DHL search my international packages.... best not let them see these pictures ???

This is for @caloundracats , this also arrived today, the wife bought me as a present to read while I am incapacitated, I am really pleased with it, to say its this years, A4 sized, 220 pages and full of photographs and all this for only £7 from Amazon ( think its worth more than double this) , infact it says in the back 'published by Amazon' which I wasnt aware they did, it shows many coins and their mintage if known some older ones too, he goes into all aspects of collecting and stacking, he briefly covers silver bars but this is more coin orientated, he talks about all the naughtys that JP Morgan have done and others names connected with silver.

It might not be for the more advanced collecter/stackers out there, but is superb reading for the new to experienced stackers like me.

Wonder if the author is on this forum I really hope he writes more books, one on silver bars would be great.

Pictured below is one of the first ever automatic pistols designed and made, the Belgian FN Browning model 1900, in .32 ACP / 7.65mm, this gun the 1st pattern and made in 1906 (later guns just had FN on the grips).

Another one of John Brownings designs it was his first ever automatic pistol that he designed and sold to Fabrique National, he also designed the .32 ACP cartridge to go with this gun and this was the first to use it.

The gun had some quite unique features for its time and still today, despite being a large gun the ammo capacity is only 7 rounds, this is due to the recoil spring being on top of the barrel instead of below or around the barrel itself, also worthy of note is the sights, unless the gun is cocked and ready to fire a small bar pops up blocking your ability to aim, this can also be felt in the dark as an indication of whether or not your gun was ready to fire.

The gun was used by many countrys by their police and later by the military as trench sweepers during WW1, females were catered for again, being able to defend themselves when travelling the wild areas of the world like Africa and Australia was important, there was two grades of purse holsters available, one was sequinned and the other (shown here) which I think was made of nubuck.

A woman called Fanny Kaplin used one of these guns to try and assasinate Lenin, one of the bullets remained lodged in his body and it wasnt possible to remove it and it was said that this was what made him increasingly ill until his death.

The gun was produced from 1900 - 1911.

DSCN0848.thumb.JPG.35deed93183b10877b115dde57110b73.JPG

DSCN0849.thumb.JPG.f054c91ca39cab0a4b36aa1f94d7da51.JPG

DSCN0850.thumb.JPG.a9fea6c87961bbe7cfd68ec597d0588f.JPG

DSCN0851.thumb.JPG.edd94069b4418977bcbe296ae840bf5c.JPG

DSCN0853.thumb.JPG.a35c1c36593433981c4e5ddf026e8644.JPG

DSCN0854.thumb.JPG.c8d005560391d509fe9654fba24185b0.JPG

Edited by SILVERFINGER

5 hours ago, Goldfever said:

A couple of humble coins that I just really liked and a big sovereign book from the royal mint ?

Those two coins are only humble in terms of cost, They are of fantastic design and nice a weighty in hand. 

Well yesterday actually! - - But mega thanks to @Alun for another "happy chappy" for a Queens Beasts 2oz Box - 

They are downright awesome !

Im still having issues of uploading a nice pic of the box - damned iphone 

But what a quality box to create a beautiful display/collection

Ha fixed phone!

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

Edited by 5huggy
add pics

29 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Well yesterday actually! - - But mega thanks to @Alun for another "happy chappy" for a Queens Beasts 2oz Box - 

They are downright awesome !

Im still having issues of uploading a nice pic of the box - damned iphone 

But what a quality box to create a beautiful display/collection

Ha fixed phone!

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

Thanks buddy. Just be aware that the empty capsules with them not being fully closed may Mark the lining in the lid if kept in the box long term, better to take them out whist awaiting  the further releases ?

Alun

7 minutes ago, Alun said:

Thanks buddy. Just be aware that the empty capsules with them not being fully closed may Mark the lining in the lid if kept in the box long term, better to take them out whist awaiting  the further releases ?

Alun

Thanks for the tip @Alun will do it right now - but again thanks for quality and speed of delivery - its a cracker

Picked up an ms69 Chinese Panda. Except it has a big red spot on it (and a few smaller ones not easily visible). Very disappointed as was hoping to collect these for my own enjoyment rather than as a strictly investment reason. Might have a rethink on the whole idea now. I see @mickd has similar problems...

IMG_20180821_130814638.jpg

IMG_20180821_130708539.jpg

IMG_20180821_132228890.jpg