• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 hours ago, Oldun said:

Got one of the above myself. Nice design.

Meanwhile, picked these up at auction. 1887 double sov for £560, double 2005 sov proof for £520 and a SA £1/2 1953 PF63Cam for £175

Nice pickups. Which one did you get – the Baccarat or Kiwis?

21 hours ago, silversurf said:

More pre 1933 gold. One 1862 "civil war" $1. Covered in crud but underneath I think is a lovely coin waiting to emerge once cleaned and a 1905 $5 Half eagle with hardly a mark on it. Both make an offer buys from ebay.

20180720_154802.thumb.jpg.5b2f71bc1d4700e9daf7f463b91ec0d6.jpg20180720_154708.thumb.jpg.c1c70af7b95122181e06a37edefe727f.jpg20180721_112226.thumb.jpg.404cc98bc20b00c3cdaee13ea144f11d.jpg20180721_112257.thumb.jpg.690d7e4b222a477c343545218bce0517.jpg

I love these coins.  Can I ask what price you got them for?  I’ve got a gold buffalo planned from my bonus in sept but these and the indian heads are tempting me.

Atkinsons had a few 1905 $5 coins all in uncirculated or as near as damned for ages but I don't know if they have any left.  They were around £278 when I contacted them but they weren't really willing to lower the price and had considered having them graded.  £278 was slightly too high for me but I think I did end up with one as they don't come up for sale that often over here unless it's at stupid prices on ebay.

On 21/07/2018 at 22:47, Lr103 said:

These rounds were on sale on APMEX last week, so I grabbed a few.  The US government dumped silver into the open market in 1980 and 1981 to drive down prices after the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market, and these were supposedly minted using the silver sold from the strategic reserve.  In any case, not bad looking for over 35 years old!

Strategic SIlver 1oz.JPG

That apmex is a great site, low shipping within US. I was born in the wrong country....