• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

15 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Are the Maples made by the same company that makes the silver ones ?

And what is the creepy looking bloke with the head like a dildo on the route 66 shields ?

The copper rounds are made by AVDP in the USA, the silver ones by the Royal Canadian mint.

That creepy looking bloke is a bit odd looking, called the Gemini Giant, an actual landmark along the route.

8 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

2017 1 oz gold Buffalo and 2018 St.Helena Spade Guinea. Not sure where the spots on the guinea came from in the picture.  Naked coin shows none of them.

20180713_155256-ccfopt.jpg

20180713_155319-ccfopt.jpg

Love that Buffalo Coin, I have been swithering on my next purchase, it definitely has to be one of these.

6 hours ago, mr1030 said:

2017 1 oz gold Buffalo and 2018 St.Helena Spade Guinea. Not sure where the spots on the guinea came from in the picture.  Naked coin shows none of them.

20180713_155256-ccfopt.jpg

20180713_155319-ccfopt.jpg

BE WARNED !

Sadly these coins are not perfect there are tiny production marks on the shield face side of the coin like a pin prick which due to the beautiful background design shows up in the light .

Nothing I can do 

that is the disclaimer from Martin's website (silver trader) so is a minting error I too noticed my spade has the same marks but a lovely coin nevertheless 

At the end of the day they are a mass produced bullion coin and priced as such, but what a coin, I think the design is up there with some of the premium priced coins, they have to be my most favourite design for the last few years, you dont know how hard it is for me to not start collecting coins when members like you keep putting good pics of lovely coins up, but I dare not buy one as I am trying to stack as an investment and dont want to buy something that I wont be able to part with when the time comes.

Though I think I am starting to weaken, I am struggling to resist their temptation, that and the fact I wouldnt have to wait for a year to save my special money for a 1kg bar.

If I end up buying one of those spade guineas, I just want you to know that its your fault, your nice pics broke the camels back and it was one more nice spade guinea to much.

Edited by SILVERFINGER

11 hours ago, Xander said:

Love that Buffalo Coin, I have been swithering on my next purchase, it definitely has to be one of these.

They are something else aren't they, I am really tempted to get another! Can't decide between that or an Eagle.

4 hours ago, JunkBond said:

They are something else aren't they, I am really tempted to get another! Can't decide between that or an Eagle.

I've bought a few Eagles in the past , and while I like them, the modern reverse design turns me off a bit.  I think they did a great job on the obverse.  If they had just done a refresh of the classic Saint-Gaudens reverse, I would have been in love with it.  As it is, while the front is great, the reverse just lessens the overall coin for me.  The buffalo on the other hand kept the classic design front and back, with just the fineness text and denomination added.  They knocked it out of the park.  The Palladium Eagle is another example like the buffalo where classic designs on new coins ended up being a winner.  Man, I wish I had bought one of those when they first were issued.

9 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Totally agree regarding the reverse, it is the main reason I have not bought one earlier.

The 2016 gold Walking Liberty reverse makes for a much more striking design.

images.jpg

I bought the dime, quarter and half in that series and they are gorgeous in gold.  And while I bought them because I loved the designs and intend to keep them for a long time, it's a shame they issued them with such large mintages, as the value on them has not appreciated.  But purely on an emotional level as a collector, they are winners to me.

31 minutes ago, sg86 said:

So, turns out the Ansell I posted a few days ago has a very clear error! Means I have to find another now without an error ?

No doubt this is an extreme rarity

20180717_0014.thumb.jpg.f3b3a5f970f862d0f18b1a7cc4a0e678.jpg

Your shield sovereigns never cease to amaze