• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, PansPurse said:

So, again not precious metal but precious metal adjacent:

IMG_20180706_072725933_LL.thumb.jpg.6700bfeb97eb5159c5043ea7b2a7acf7.jpgIMG_20180706_072747062.thumb.jpeg.4a16876dc4bf7a97845c411cfafd65ef.jpeg

And yes, of course I'm a steampunk fan, I even have the moustache to go with it :)

Is it an ancient torture tool or something for resizing or making rings ?

43 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

My pickups from the group order. Think the panda is my favorite! 

20180706_152742.jpg

20180706_152709.jpg

20180706_152728.jpg

20180706_152812.jpg

20180706_152355.jpg

20180706_152610.jpg

20180706_152439.jpg

20180706_152633.jpg

Really nice coins there, and decent photography makes all the difference, some of these I seen online with the websites generic images dont do anything for me, but nice pics like these really show them at their best.

2 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Really nice coins there, and decent photography makes all the difference, some of these I seen online with the websites generic images dont do anything for me, but nice pics like these really show them at their best.

Thanks. They're just taken with my old samsung phone in front of my window though :)

5 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Thanks. They're just taken with my old samsung phone in front of my window though :)

Yeah but not by someone with catarracts and parkingsons :lol:, and using perfect lighting for an awkward to photograph subject,  even the best camera wont take good pictures with a bad operator.

Edited by SILVERFINGER

6 hours ago, Lindeman said:

1887 sovereigns - the £2 double and £5 quintuple. The detail on the Vic side is really quite something - so much easier to see on these bigger sovs.

A2D858FF-7F09-47C4-B080-F0CFEE7AAD7F.jpeg

A2163A3F-0EF9-48C6-ADAA-3C62EFBD289E.jpeg

Very nice coins. I find it interesting that the  larger dies get an extra layer of detail: for example the wings of the dragon have some additional "veins" compared to the sovereign and on the tip of the crown of the quintuple there are three extra jewels on little processes. 

On 02/07/2018 at 15:57, silversurf said:

To the best of my knowledge there are no restrikes, maybe the answer will become apparent when I get them graded.

Hi, Can I ask where you bought them? Currently looking for pre '33 gold. Definitely no restrikes ever.

2 hours ago, terakris said:

Some randoms arrived today:

Couple of tubes of Tree of Life:

image.png.5f56c7f8ea834fe4dff90e25245e8c7e.png

Some fractional platinum just to see what it was like... ITS TINY!

image.png.4977652b3800b37fde171487d73ae0f0.png

Dragon & Phoenix proof's

image.png.452dba4b301208752ecb411cece2f873.png

And a Lunar Rooster to go with my Lunar Dog

image.png.1649c31ca0aff4f70d66c61a8cfd9f1d.png

EDIT: oh and one of these trade dollar things people are going on about.

image.png.6f9956bb5d960816ebc939db1c761d9d.png

How big is the fractional Platinum coin then say compared to a UK 5p, and that rooster is beautiful, my missus has a ring/pendant/earring set that has something called mosaic opal set into it that looks like the centre of that coin what is it ?

59 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

How big is the fractional Platinum coin then say compared to a UK 5p, and that rooster is beautiful, my missus has a ring/pendant/earring set that has something called mosaic opal set into it that looks like the centre of that coin what is it ?

Its probably the size of a 5p piece, bit thinnner. I think in @BackyardBullion latest video he actually has 2 of them shown, they are tiny ha!