• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Sounds good to me - in the meantime I think we can share it with the forum members here - the YouTube community will have to wait a little bit!

@BackyardBullion and all members and contributors, thank you so much everyone. BYB you can make your video public and I will link to it.

2 hours ago, sg86 said:

Was a little premature on the post as just had another 35 delivered.

Also some jubilees, not as exciting but depends what's in there :)

IMG_20180419_104817.jpg.b6b3af40924e48e8c0cb965a31f59e2f.thumb.jpg.56e861e3cc7d07996dec749f89b7dc4d.jpg

IMG_20180419_100246.thumb.jpg.ba61d34615a0c80bc4c158d310d16eb4.jpg

Holly bad. Where do you get such large quantities from? And if I may be rude to enquire - do you pay retail prices? 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Holly bad. Where do you get such large quantities from? And if I may be rude to enquire - do you pay retail prices? 

various sources, I don't pay ebay prices but it's not possible to get for anyway near spot, not sure what retail is classed as really but I'd say somewhere in the middle?

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

5 minutes ago, sg86 said:

various sources, I don't pay ebay prices but it's not possible to get for anyway near spot, not sure what retail is classed as really but I'd say somewhere in the middle?

So the cheapest I have picked up in the last few months was £250, I managed to get 4 at that price. But the quality of yours are pretty good compared to what  I got :) The seller still has 10 more, wondering whether its worth me buying them at that price... 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

19 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

So the cheapest I have picked up in the last few months was £250, I managed to get 4 at that price. But the quality of yours are pretty good compared to what  I got :) The seller still has 10 more, wondering whether its worth me buying them at that price... 

Yes i've not picked up any shields for 250 (recently*), even at low grade it's worth buying imo (depending how bad of course)

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

Technically not precious metal - but I took delivery today of a very large pile of pennies!

Fun video (and much more!) coming this weekend to celebrate the 3000 subscriber milestone!

Pennies.thumb.jpg.649290df6bda5e56930dee589715ff02.jpg

Pennies2.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

26 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Technically not precious metal - but I took delivery today of a very large pile of pennies!

Fun video (and much more!) coming this weekend to celebrate the 3000 subscriber milestone!

Pennies2.jpg

It's pretty easy to tell a lot of them from the colour - I was amazed when I started looking just how old many of these in circulation are!

21 minutes ago, kimchi said:

It's pretty easy to tell a lot of them from the colour - I was amazed when I started looking just how old many of these in circulation are!

Yes indeed - I thought I would have a lot more shiny new ones considering I ordered them in. Apparently not!

Got a couple of little gems from the batch though - a 1994 Ellan Vannin isle of man penny & a 1998 Falklands Island penny. 

Not that I was coin roll hunting - but I do have something very special planned for these pennies!

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Not that I was coin roll hunting - but I do have something very special planned for these pennies!

Intriguing, looking forward to this!

Just don't spend six months on a to-scale reproduction of the Giza pyramids and then have a young child round :(

6 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Yes indeed - I thought I would have a lot more shiny new ones considering I ordered them in. Apparently not!

Got a couple of little gems from the batch though - a 1994 Ellan Vannin isle of man penny & a 1998 Falklands Island penny. 

I’ve seen some people make hard wearing flooring out of 1 and 2 pennies. Cheaper than some more common flooring alternatives apparently!

Just now, Elements said:

I’ve seen some people make hard wearing flooring out of 1 and 2 pennies. Cheaper than some more common flooring alternatives apparently!

They have this at a local pub :)

The Gold Sovereign

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

You will asign a number to each coin and raffle them amongst the first 3000 subscribers so that each will then get one?!

7 minutes ago, Elements said:

Ah there you go! Planning something similar @BackyardBullion?!

7 minutes ago, augur said:

You will asign a number to each coin and raffle them amongst the first 3000 subscribers so that each will then get one?!

You will have to wait and see!
Saturday afternoon!

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Pennies2.jpg

I used a VERY large magnet to separate my lot. It makes picking the rest out much easier to isolate the copper ones.  

4 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I used a VERY large magnet to separate my lot. It makes picking the rest out much easier to isolate the copper ones.  

I could have done this - but I just could not be bothered! 

Where do you even take the copper ones to get more value for their metal anyway!?