• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 minutes ago, Micky9776 said:

Haha, Nah looking at his post I could tell he was ex army by the "seen" comment. Made me laugh, he will know what I mean ? 

Okay, it seemed familiar to me for a similar reason, different mob though?

Edited by Sovsaver

31 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Todays visit to my local coin shop was productive but I have come home with coins that range from the sublime to the ridiculous.  

I intended all along to buy the two 1/10 Britannia and I now have a mini run- 2001 through to 2007 of these Proofs.  I was pleased he also happened to have a 2013 Proof Twentieth for sale also.  I have @JohnAnsink to thank?  for his inspirational post this morning of the Fiji Dollar bottle top and its low mintage, it was sat right there on the counter in front of me, so I impulsively bought it.  To finish off this eclectic mix,  a couple of Farthings!  Think I need to re-focus. 

IMG_4107.thumb.JPG.999d9f170752bda774156e56bc6e36ec.JPG

IMG_4111.thumb.JPG.21c75401d5db9591b563c3cca318b833.JPG

Nice mix there Rich, keeps it interesting

2 hours ago, Sovsaver said:

It’s on the obverse, behind Queen’s head, looks like a letter I (or Z maybe). Next the “gratia”.

Also, some under her chin and possibly cleaned, but apart from all that...we’re good?

Shame, because otherwise it has great detail...in a good way.

3 minutes ago, kimchi said:

An absolutely lovely delivery from @BackyardBullion - one of the first issue of the 250g forum bars :D

A stunning piece. It has a glorious heft to it and is just so tactile. The ripples on it are amazing and really I'm amazed that he has managed this pouring by eye. Alas I don't have the video/photo kit needed to do this justice in the way light plays on (and off) this in the most glorious way, so I'll have to use the 'official' photo, but you really have to see this beautiful piece in hand to properly appreciate it. It has such a lovely 'well' of ripples at the top that make holding and playing with it, with a perfect groove for your thumb, as good as any stress reliever - it is just such a pleasure to hold (and behold).

Top work BYB, and thank you!

_DSC0171.JPG.cc7d2b8594197d1a0f3442e595a

Thanks for the awesome feedback my friend!

Still 6 available serial numbers if people want some!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, Lr103 said:

My first silver rounds...until now all of my silver has been in the form of coins or bars.

RM Rounds.JPG

I wasn't aware that the Royal Mint makes rounds on their own account? They are definitely not on their UK bullion site.