• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

@Numistacker when you send it in to NCS and they remove it from the slab to conserve, does the NGC grader still know the original grade? And in general, if you send a coin in for re-grading, do they put a sticker over the grade to hide it from the new grader so he is not influenced?

18 hours ago, JohnAnsink said:

@Numistacker when you send it in to NCS and they remove it from the slab to conserve, does the NGC grader still know the original grade? And in general, if you send a coin in for re-grading, do they put a sticker over the grade to hide it from the new grader so he is not influenced?

@NumistackerAnd what if someone graded was tempted to replace with a fake? That's my main worry....and possibly getting lost in transit...though I could be slightly paranoid :P

1 minute ago, Sovsaver said:

Slightly?

lol well okay I get your point there but honestly I prefer the feel of the actual coin/bar in my hand rather than looking at it through a bit of plastic may have to dig out the cotton gloves in a minute! But I've heard the scammers can put a fake coin inside a genuine slab is that correct?

[mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] when you send it in to NCS and they remove it from the slab to conserve, does the NGC grader still know the original grade? And in general, if you send a coin in for re-grading, do they put a sticker over the grade to hide it from the new grader so he is not influenced?

No they don’t know the original grade. They de slab it and send it to NCS for conservation.

lol well okay I get your point there but honestly I prefer the feel of the actual coin/bar in my hand rather than looking at it through a bit of plastic may have to dig out the cotton gloves in a minute! But I've heard the scammers can put a fake coin inside a genuine slab is that correct?

I have come across a fake slab and fake coin!! Not a genuine slab and fake coin

7 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have come across a fake slab and fake coin!! Not a genuine slab and fake coin

They do like to push their luck don't they? Dirty scammers but when getting graded it's still one person who grades the coin? And of course leaving room for error. I wouldn't pay so much more for a graded product because one person says so just my opinion guys.

18 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

@JunkBond@Silvergun

That 1989 sov in cambridgeshire coins looks like it has a scratch on it

This place has loads available, with or without coa. (And they have the full*)

https://www.paulmenziesltd.com/products/1989-royal-mint-st-george-solid-22k-gold-proof-half-sovereign-coin-no-box-or-coa

(*want- must resist)

Theres a few on eBay too.

[mention=4179]JunkBond[/mention][mention=886]Silvergun[/mention]
That 1989 sov in cambridgeshire coins looks like it has a scratch on it

Capture.PNG.9642d82e295fb12ffe63982b3b56b8b3.PNG
Looks like a scratch but if you look at the other side of the coin it looks like there is a scratch in exactly the same place, maybe something on the camera.

12 hours ago, matrawr said:

They do like to push their luck don't they? Dirty scammers but when getting graded it's still one person who grades the coin? And of course leaving room for error. I wouldn't pay so much more for a graded product because one person says so just my opinion guys.

I'm sure that's not the case don't know how to do a link but look on you tube the is vids on the whole process at ngc worth a look m8 

Edited by Goldmick
Change