• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

10 hours ago, Goldmick said:

Try photo without black background can't see the edge properly has a fair few marks on it but I'm not sure about prices for that coin 

Thank you...yes, a few marks on obverse. And, last pics for the 1902...promise. Still trying to get the photo/lighting best figured out. Thanks for all the advice!

C3426CFC-BC25-4BDF-93A9-DA13F2E978B8.jpeg

5F8AA291-59B6-4EFF-ADAA-118BC70CF843.jpeg

3 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Some 50% silver half crowns and my free 1/2 oz courtesy of @BackyardBullion and the European Mint (lovely coin, and impeccably packed as always):

IMG_20180223_105543932.thumb.jpg.314acc61fe5aad8a6e925affe503f4ec.jpg

IMG_20180223_105630313.thumb.jpg.e1b58a6f4663545d50bc0ba1c0bf8763.jpg

Also, is it just me, or have they somehow given the Queen gills to match the shark?

Nice coins!

You are a professional Youtuber now - money in the bank!

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

Nice condition these, fab coins to own and stack.

I try to pick them up when I see any at a decent price, the nicer ones go in caps the rest in a tube.

2 minutes ago, MikeSol said:

I try to pick them up when I see any at a decent price, the nicer ones go in caps the rest in a tube.

I do the same, haven't managed to buy Morgan Dollars yet, but maybe need to re-appraise my bottom line.  Also, I try and get hold of .900 half's.  I currently have chance of a large quantity of South African .800 5 Shilling coins, nice late 40's- 1950 with Springbock design.

9 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

yes true but the detail is good. i thought the reverse would let it down, a reasonable amount of wear.

Yes, there’s wear to some of the lion’s faces, but they are so delicately small that I imagine they don’t last long.

18 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

I do the same, haven't managed to buy Morgan Dollars yet, but maybe need to re-appraise my bottom line.  Also, I try and get hold of .900 half's.  I currently have chance of a large quantity of South African .800 5 Shilling coins, nice late 40's- 1950 with Springbock design.

Man I would love to get my hands on those SA shillings at reasonable prices. They are nice coins. Too cheap to pay much over spot lol. 

41 minutes ago, NRSovereign said:

See you live in east anglia what coin shops do you find good?

I don't use any local coin shops as they are to expensive , just buy off ebay when they have deals or when  i have nectar points as i did for the 2007 half sov , usually buy Sovereigns from HGM , Chards and Atkinsons or from the Forum .

2 minutes ago, JohnAnsink said:

@MickB how do your maples hold up?

Mine tarnished bad, even the 2012 Titanic privy that I was hoping to cash in on.

I haven't checked on a lot of them for quite a while as they're put in storage. Should get around to checking on their condition.

I did have quite a few with milk spots that I ended up cleaning off with silver dip and a gentle rub but this years Maples have a special treatment to stop any tarnishing. Takes the fun away from cleaning now :D

image.jpeg