• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

26 minutes ago, Mark43 said:

What are those german coins on the right please.5D34F1A8-1E6C-4FB2-A5F5-3B6D071F63DA.jpeg

No coins. They are "medals" or rounds to commemorate the success story of the german economy after WW II. 1 oz 999 silver, mintage 3.000; they are far to cocky to be official coins. 

1 hour ago, augur said:

No coins. They are "medals" or rounds to commemorate the success story of the german economy after WW II. 1 oz 999 silver, mintage 3.000; they are far to cocky to be official coins. 

Correct. A partial few from a set of 30 I believe. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Steady on! The only problem is that folk know what it went for in 2012!

Just give me the keys to the Bentley as your so rich!

It went for less than I paid )) then again in 2013 a Sovereign was £177

12 hours ago, kimchi said:

@richatthecroft very interesting to hear your thoughts, thanks! She is indeed a stunner it's always interesting indeed to hear about different feelings in hand, even though she looks a beaut anyway from the big pics you posted :) I can imagine you were dazzled when you first laid eyes on the actual coins! Like you say, add on the mintage for a Brit and it's a very pleasing proposition, you must be very happy with your purchase, I would be :) I've gone for the silver as it's a real curio imo (and hadn't noticed the lettering on those!) - it's just, as I say, what on earth can they come up with next year, they have seemingly thrown absolute everything they could possibly think of all on one coin!

Just finished work :angry:, sorry for the belated reply, another day and another half dollar!  Dazzled is a good word, and hopefully the fairly low mintage will attract some premium.  I have the Silver version on its way among the group order, with thanks to @BackyardBullion and as you point out, you are not attracted immediately to the lettering if you look at a thumbnail/ small photo in the online stores, and in hand, I expect that the Silver coin will be similar to the Gold, the lettering blending into the radial design.  It will be interesting to hear the feedback in this forum of what people think to the Silver version.

18 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Looks like a nice volume. I've managed with the pdf's so far:)

Yea I was using the PDF because this book is expensive, but I do like to sit with a cuppa sometimes and have the screens off for a bit. There is just something about a book, easier to flick through etc :)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

8 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Regular proofs but because of the diferent designs ngc appear to be giving them each their own “name”

Do you mean the ones I mentioned? I was wondering because they are the same year but different design Britannia

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Yes, you are right. Fun coins going on ebay for a range of prices. Commemorative.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=2012+britannia+ngc&_frs=1

Why are the 2012 MS Britannias so expensive. I searched around and the graded ones are about what it shows in your search.

But I found this ungraded on sale at a store for the about the same price as other years.

Were there different editions of 2012 ?

Edit: oh..it says out of stock. So the price might not be real

Untitled.jpg

Edited by JohnAnsink