• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, tbone said:

1937 Specimen set (15 coin) in mint condition ;-)  Will be sent to NCS soon for conservation.

Nice set but it'll cost a lot to have them all conserved. You may well have your reasons but is it worth it?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Nice set but it'll cost a lot to have them all conserved. You may well have your reasons but is it worth it?

Good question.  I think so, at least for me.  A few reasons:

1.   NCS will most likely only choose to do anything with about half the coins (I'm guessing here, I could be wrong, but in my dealings with them they are honest and aren't looking to stick me with conservation fees for nothing). 

2.  I really like the history behind the coins (Abdication crisis, 1936 was the year of 3 kings ). A short BBC article on George VI here

3.  This is a really nice set.  I've seen others for sale that looked like they've been handled quite a bit.  This one looks like it just sat in a vault for 80 years.

4.  I want to be able to pick them up and enjoy them without worrying that I'm damaging them (so slabbing them makes sense).

5.  Eventually, when I go to sell them (or hand them down to my son), they will be every bit as nice as they are today.

Maybe not the best decision from a strictly financial standpoint, but its worth it to me.  I'll post pics when I get them back from NCS/NGC

Edited by tbone
added link

6 minutes ago, TheByzantine said:

2017 India Sovereign, which arrived with a suprisingly low serial number. I would say the quality is quite a bit better than the 2017 RM bullion.

IMG_0486.JPG

InkedIMG_0484_LI.jpg

Yes very nice coin I got one. How did you get it the is not many about now 

5 hours ago, Sovereign said:

2016 proof 1/2 and 1/4 sovs 

Set complete :) 

2016 full proof sov doing really well ??

2615B369-E82A-4DAF-BB8A-3FB9B148EDD4.jpeg

FB8032FE-01AD-40DD-8438-FEA09F60AE0D.jpeg

Mind me asking where did you get the box from? looks good to store my graded sovereigns...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās