• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 20/09/2017 at 17:03, Ansel said:

A couple of bullion sovs today from Sharps Pixley. Quite pleased with both, my first Jubilee head and my first SA mint mark. 

I was also lucky enough to get a rather wonderful book ?

Edit: I have just checked the date in Marsh and an 1891 London seems to be somewhat rare? 

On 20/09/2017 at 18:00, sovereignsteve said:

perhaps, depends on horse's tail

I've always used Marsh's 2002 edition, 1991 listed as C? Now looking at the revised version and probably spinks then, i need to go through all my duplicates again. I have at least 10x1991 for example.

A fun sunday coming up i feel:)

edit: Why do they have the long tail 1991 listed as R3?, seems like a mistake?

edit2: so it seems that 1890 first bust i was referring to a few weeks ago is listed as R4 with only 32,000 minted. Probably my rarest sov so far :)

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

@mr-dead - this is stacking at a level we have never seen here before - that's about $220k worth right there?..,but you knew that ! 

I think we need a new category for you mate!! Seriously brave investment choice. 

In the cryptocurrency world we would anoint you as a "whale" - someone who moves markets.  

The bars look nice as well ....?

3 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Just cut out the foam square inserts on the Peli case for a proper fit.

Peli cases are a bit expensive but the quality is great.

I think the cost of the case is marginal to your investment. 

But yes, they're robust, customisable, "lockable" and airtight. And, not to forget, low key. Got probably the same model as you, too

Not coins but coin related! I recieved a few items from @morezone today, I took him up with his very kind offer of free tubes, I also bought a nice box for my 1/2 oz lunars, all I need now is the non coloured 1/2 oz mouse! 

I'm still drooling over the 5kg of gold that has been posted! I feel a bit embarrassed posting this now ?

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

I don't know if anyone else on here is into numerology, but today has me dizzy!!! :wacko:

Today I received 1 delivery from one courier and 2 from another for a total of 3.

1 was from abroad and 2 from the UK for the same total.

1 2010 Sovereign - 2 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 3

3 tubes of coins - 2 Perth Roos and 1 Somali Elephant.

3 forum bars - nos 3, 33, and 123* (Photo to come!)

It's been a very nice day indeed, don't get me wrong, I'm just a bit :blink:

* I chose all these numbers so I wasn't surprised by that, it was just the accumulation of everything else happening at the same time!

Edited by kimchi