• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, Lindeman said:

@Pampfan- I have to thank you, as I got myself some neodymium magnets - did a slide test with some Morgan dollars as controls, and its a FAKE! Slid off that coin faster than water off a ducks back.  I have learned the hard way and lost £40 ....be suspicious of eBay sellers who usually only have one coin for sell.  Looking at similar coins currently for sale I have to say I would have suspicions. 

I now need to test all of my other Morgans.....just in case. Fingers crossed.  

Sorry to here it is a fake.  Since becoming a forum member a few months ago I feel that as members of this community we can joke around and mess within our own but we never want to let one of our own get ripped off, etc.  That is one thing the forum can bring to its members - the knowledge base and the professional skepticism so that we can all learn and grow as collectors and complete the projects we undertake.  

33 minutes ago, Rich99 said:

Just another 2016 full sovereign from Harrods. It's nice being able to sit down and scrutinise with a magnifying glass before buying. Did some nice Christmas shopping too.

Doubt i'll have any more cash for metals this month!

WP_20161203_16_56_56_Pro.jpg

What are harrods like on price? Do they do just sovs or got some other coins 

17 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

What are harrods like on price? Do they do just sovs or got some other coins 

Sovs are the only coins they have under an ounce I think. All others are 1oz brits/krugs/pandas etc and good delivery bars if feeling flush. They do stock the full range of pamp bars though. Price is ok, not as bad as bbp and not as cheap as hgm! I just like being able to view a few and pick a nice one. Paid £237 for this one. 

Atkinsons's price is around that delivered so that is a very fair price for Harrods.  Can't really compare to HGM since their stuff is secondary market but most places other than BBP are fair comparisons.

3 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

I wonder what is the maximum they will take in cash (and whether they ask for ID at 10K).

Everything seems very by-the-book. Need to open an account and provide photo ID which is scanned with every purchase.

2 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I'd call that a very fair price for London in an upmarket shop, do they have a coin section or is it in the jewellery section?     

It's in Harrods bank on the second floor. They have coins and bars on display. Also open all day Saturday!

6 minutes ago, Orchestral said:

Talking about fakes, I took delivery of some poorly photographed pandas on eBay which turned out to be counterfeits yesterday. Fooled the missus at least, she didn't realise until I held them next to the genuine article. :D

IMG_20161203_145239croppedcompressed.jpg

IMG_20161203_145857croppedcompressed.jpg

The 06 looks a better fake than usual, except for the packaging

3 minutes ago, mondy41 said:

From islandcoinandstamps Black Friday sale - Thanks for the heads up Scuzzle.

Two 2016 proof Britannia sets and a 1/20 drummers privy proof angel

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

Nice one mate, I wanted one of those Britannia sets but every time I looked on both Island Stamps and Coins discount days they were sold out.